Half Moon Cay - CONFLICT

The Tsar

I look on the cruise port calendars and avoid sailings with two ships at Half Moon Cay and sometimes even Grand Turk.

We were on Zuiderdam in March with Amsterdam. It was more crowded than we like and we did not try to eat lunch there but went back to the ship. It was the first time we were not on the last tender back--we usually stay as long as we can.

I was looking at a Nieuw Amsterdam cruise and when I saw they would be at

HMC with Konigsdam, I said no way crossed it off my list.

Nov 13th - K dam and N.A. dam are both at HMC for possible total of 4,754 - that's a lot

K dam is pretty full that cruise - I don't think NA is because those prices have dropped.

Lots of Mariners onboard so we'll see how that all goes and how many folks choose to just stay on board.

Is it possible that you are mistaken about the dates? We're on the Koningsdam cruise and the date for HMC is the 11th., not the 13th. - she'll be back at Fort Lauderdale then. The following year, 2017, it's the 18th. when Koningsdam arrives at HMC.

This November, the Koningsdam makes her first visit to HMC on the 11th and returns on the 14th. Next year, the closest date is November 18th.

Edit: Sorry Beachdreaming, I didn't see your followup post until I hit the send button.

Edited by Fouremco

While discussing HMC, would like to ask a different question. If you swim, is there a place to change out of wet suit, or do you towel off and wear coverup over it? On beaches in Europe, have seen people try to change on beach with a towel.

If more tha one HAL ahip,, ofgen one will d brsupplies for all bars for both ships. The ship that rberrings gtthe food b ills the other ship pp for thr mr realsts. One barberque serves guests from bogtt ships, in tyhis csse.

I thought my typing would improve. Slowly.......... but, my hand is better

Edited by sail7seas

We have been on HMC with 2 ships.

The larger ship gets to use the island tenders and the smaller ship uses their own tenders.

The island tenders are wheelchair accessible, so if an accessible tender is needed for a passenger on the smaller ship, I assume they communicate this to the tenders and send one as needed?

We will be on the Nieuw Amsterdam and will be there on 11/14 with Koningsdam. We weren't planning on going ashore until we found out we have friends that are on the Kdam. It will definitely be interesting to see how crowded it is.

Edited by 510picker

I was there with two ships and while I didn't have any problem ON the island, getting back ONTO the ship was awful. The ship using the larger tenders (not mine) had no line. For me, we waited over an hour in the sun in line to get a spot on a tender back to the ship. HAL seriously should have been passing out water or putting some tents along the way.

If you do not get the larger tenders, go back onboard early!

When were you there? This past February there was a new boarding area with lots of it under cover.

When were you there? This past February there was a new boarding area with lots of it under cover.

We were there in January on Eurodam with Amsterdam and lines were way past that covered area. At the end of the line, there were no signs showing what line was for what ship. It was chaotic. I'm sure lots of people join the end of the line and after waiting a while get up to the signs and breeze through to their ship's line.