Nassau Beaches

Ken Greco

The Oasis docks at 7 am and leaves at 2 pm. I plan to walk or take a cab from the ship to one of the beaches. Which beaches have you been to that is less populated and still has clear water and gentle waves?

We just went. My friends went to Junkaroo ? Junkanoo? whichever that one is. They had a nice time. We opted to go to Blue Lagoon and loved it! Got away from Nassau downtown and had a gorgeous beach to ourselves! Food was great as well. Would do that again if we're there another short day.

We just went. My friends went to Junkaroo ? Junkanoo? whichever that one is. They had a nice time. We opted to go to Blue Lagoon and loved it! Got away from Nassau downtown and had a gorgeous beach to ourselves! Food was great as well. Would do that again if we're there another short day.

How did you get to the Blue Lagoon? Cab? what was the cost? How long did it take you to get there?

How did you get to the Blue Lagoon? Cab? what was the cost? How long did it take you to get there?

It was an excursion thru the ship. We had a lg OBC to use. We were the only ship to dock that day. We had the beach to ourselves. Spent about 4 hrs there. They ferry you over. We packed rafts and blew them up there. Great snorkeling as well! Forget price... 85 pp?? BBQ as well included

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were on Oasis last week, we got off the ship at 8:15am and went to Junkanoo beach, it was a 15 minute walk from the port and to be fair it was pretty nice.

The sea was very clear and warm. You can get a chair and a drink of your choice for $10 or you can just take a towel from the ship.

Considering there were other ships in port it stayed quiet until about 10:30/11am.. Even then it wasn't a full beach.

The Straw market is also located on the walk if you wanted to pop in there... Overall I'd go to Junkanoo beach again, just be aware to be back on ship on time as we left 9 people behind!

Edited by EmilyJay

We were on Oasis last week, we got off the ship at 8:15am and went to Junkanoo beach, it was a 15 minute walk from the port and to be fair it was pretty nice.

The sea was very clear and warm. You can get a chair and a drink of your choice for $10 or you can just take a towel from the ship.

Considering there were other ships in port it stayed quiet until about 10:30/11am.. Even then it wasn't a full beach.

The Straw market is also located on the walk if you wanted to pop in there... Overall I'd go to Junkanoo beach again, just be aware to be back on ship on time as we left 9 people behind!

Your ship really left 9 people behind? Did they ever get back on the ship? what cruse ship were you on?

I'd rather have a root canal that go back in that straw market. Good thought about getting back on time, its deceptively close,and when there are many ships in port getting through security before the pier can take awhile. Especially when people wait in line 5 minutes and don't look for their paperwork till its their turn. :eek:

Many years ago my wife, son and I went to a beach in Cozamel. Not realizing the time on are watches was incorrect; we had to have a cab drive like a maniac then we had to run after getting thru security to make the ship. When we got to the gangplank some of our friends were laughing at our issue, LOL but but not very funny to us.

Your ship really left 9 people behind? Did they ever get back on the ship? what cruse ship were you on?

We were on Oasis, there were 4 ships in Nassau that day including us.

We were due to sail at 2pm, this was the one sailaway I wanted to watch so kept an eye on the time, noticed by 2:15pm we still hadn't left. Not long after this we did sailaway, at dinner that evening the people on the table next to us were telling us how we left 9 people behind and our waiter confirmed this.

Unaware if they got back on or not, but that was the last we heard of it.

I think because Oasis has such a short time in Nassau and with generally many other ships in port you loose track of time.

We were on oasis last month and went to Junkanoo beach. We found the resorts not to be the best option because most of them opened at 9am or later and we wanted to get the most out of our beach day. Junkanoo was perfect and was about a 15 minute walk

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can you give directions to Junkanoo Beach? That sounds like a nice walk and a good option for us

Can you give directions to Junkanoo Beach? That sounds like a nice walk and a good option for us

When you get out of the terminal area, turn right and keep walking as close to the water as you can. You will run into it in about a half-mile.

It was mentioned earlier on (but misspelled ;) ) ... The Melia Hotel is only a $15 cab ride from the ships and offers a day package .. $35 for use of their beach, etc ... beautiful place, nice beach bar (great rum punches!) .. and they have a jet-ski and paragliding launch right there too --- highly recommended!

It was mentioned earlier on (but misspelled ;) ) ... The Melia Hotel is only a $15 cab ride from the ships and offers a day package .. $35 for use of their beach, etc ... beautiful place, nice beach bar (great rum punches!) .. and they have a jet-ski and paragliding launch right there too --- highly recommended!

We went here when it was the Sheraton. Wonderful day....and beautiful. We took the #10 Jitney though. I think it was $1.25 (?). Fabulous day.