Getting tp Port Canaveral

Angus1963

That's my concern too. Our flight to MCO for tomorrow has been cancelled, the only other flight we could get for Saturday arrives at 9:25 PM. Booked our hotel through Expedia for Friday night, non-refundable. Am wondering if the shuttle originally booked on Friday will be available that late Saturday. Will the port be damaged? Will roads be passable?

Have been packed and ready to go for days...The un-known is killing me and I feel guilty for being so selfish as so many people are being affected by this monster storm. Let's all pray for the best, for all involved.

That's my concern too. Our flight to MCO for tomorrow has been cancelled, the only other flight we could get for Saturday arrives at 9:25 PM. Booked our hotel through Expedia for Friday night, non-refundable. Am wondering if the shuttle originally booked on Friday will be available that late Saturday. Will the port be damaged? Will roads be passable?

Have been packed and ready to go for days...The un-known is killing me and I feel guilty for being so selfish as so many people are being affected by this monster storm. Let's all pray for the best, for all involved.

I feel the same I kinda wish they would just cancel and refund and go during a "normal" time. People will lose homes and we are going on a cruise.

Sorry for cruisers affected, but thank the posters for feeling concern for what we are going to face. We are trying to protect our future here and don't even know what will be the destiny of our homes. We'll be wishing our only problem would be monetary loss from not getting to the ship because they didn't carry travel insurance.

Sorry for cruisers affected, but thank the posters for feeling concern for what we are going to face. We are trying to protect our future here and don't even know what will be the destiny of our homes. We'll be wishing our only problem would be monetary loss from not getting to the ship because they didn't carry travel insurance.

Good post. And good luck.

Edited by loveJake

Leaving on the Valor sat, as of right now no changes to itinerary my concern is getting to the ship after a major hurricane driving from Tampa bay, Im guessing I need to leave early

If you've listened to the news, most gas stations are out of gas already the closer you get to the east. People here are leaving.

No one is going to be cruising, are you even watching the news? FL is under a forced evac stations are shut down, even up the coast SC is shutting gas stations down at 12:30 today and starting evacuations. This is not a simple storm, this is a killer storm. The Bahamas are going through the worst of it right now. How can you even consider taking a cruise to anywhere in that area right now.

Take the refund when it's offered and it will be offered because you are not going anywhere and make alternate plans.

To those in the Bahamas and the path of the storm please stay safe and know many of us are thinking of you and hoping for the best for you and your families. ((HUGS))

Please watch the news...

I had to drive 90 miles just to get propane ... and prayed the whole way there they didn't run out.

For all those in the path of Matthew like me please stay safe...

If you're going to stay home like us watch for your neighbors homes too.

I hate to be a debbie downer but those worry about getting here..

I am sorry .. some of us can't leave due to animals (who are family members) no hotels available and etc.

Keep us in your prayers for our safety and I do hope when you cruise that you have calm seas and blue skies.

Please watch the news...

I had to drive 90 miles just to get propane ... and prayed the whole way there they didn't run out.

For all those in the path of Matthew like me please stay safe...

If you're going to stay home like us watch for your neighbors homes too.

I hate to be a debbie downer but those worry about getting here..

I am sorry .. some of us can't leave due to animals (who are family members) no hotels available and etc.

Keep us in your prayers for our safety and I do hope when you cruise that you have calm seas and blue skies.

I'm with you, my fellow Floridian. In fact, you might get it worse up north than we will at Boca- all depends. Let's hope for a slight shift to the east.

At this stage, cruises matter little.

I wish you and yours all the best. It's going to get real messy down here.

Thank you... you stay safe too.

At least I have all my "spirits" I collected from my cruises...

It may be time to have some..:)

I'm with you, my fellow Floridian. In fact, you might get it worse up north than we will at Boca- all depends. Let's hope for a slight shift to the east.

At this stage, cruises matter little.

I wish you and yours all the best. It's going to get real messy down here.

Well said

No one is going to be cruising, are you even watching the news? FL is under a forced evac stations are shut down, even up the coast SC is shutting gas stations down at 12:30 today and starting evacuations. This is not a simple storm, this is a killer storm. The Bahamas are going through the worst of it right now. How can you even consider taking a cruise to anywhere in that area right now.

Take the refund when it's offered and it will be offered because you are not going anywhere and make alternate plans.

To those in the Bahamas and the path of the storm please stay safe and know many of us are thinking of you and hoping for the best for you and your families. ((HUGS))

I live in Tampa. I would not take a chance going to Port Canaveral. I don't think there will be much of a port left. Lived here all my life and been through a lot of storms, but this is a different animal. This is going to be a catastrophic event and I pray for all in its path. Everyone will head back to east coast this weekend. Roads will be hell not counting no gas or power. Take a refund!!!

I live in Tampa. I would not take a chance going to Port Canaveral. I don't think there will be much of a port left. Lived here all my life and been through a lot of storms, but this is a different animal. This is going to be a catastrophic event and I pray for all in its path. Everyone will head back to east coast this weekend. Roads will be hell not counting no gas or power. Take a refund!!!

Yep!!! If they offer it I will take it:D This would be the first time in 11 cruises that I did not get trip insurance :eek: Never again, I will always purchase the insurance!!!

HURRICANE MATTHEW

Weather Update – 10/06/16 – 12:30 PM (EST)

We continue to closely monitor the storm system and projected path of Hurricane Matthew and Tropical Storm Nicole which has now developed in the Atlantic.

Carnival Victory – 10/6/16 departure

Based on the latest forecast track and no discernible shift in the storm’s path towards the central east coast of Florida as we had hoped, it is anticipated that the Brevard County area, including Port Canaveral, will suffer the strongest effects of Hurricane Matthew throughout the day on Friday. Port Canaveral is presently closed to all marine traffic and we expect it to remain closed until the storm has passed and port officials have had the time to complete their assessment and make a determination on when the port is safe to re-open.

Given the above, unfortunately, we will be forced to cancel Carnival Victory’s cruise that we had hoped to operate tomorrow. Guests will receive a full refund as well as any pre-paid gratuities, Carnival shore excursions and any FunShop purchases. Refunds will be applied to the original form of payment within three weeks. We will also provide a 25 percent discount off a future two or three day cruise.

Carnival Sensation – 10/6/16 departure

The Greater Miami area will be experiencing the strongest effects of Hurricane Matthew late Thursday evening and in the early morning hours of Friday. Once conditions become safe on Friday, port officials will begin their assessment and make a determination of when the port is safe to reopen. This could take some time and, assuming the port reopens on Friday, embarkation would take place late afternoon/early evening. We will stay in close contact with port officials and will provide you an update after 10:30 AM tomorrow. If PortMiami re-opens on Friday, we will operate a three-day cruise, visiting Nassau on Saturday pending a post-storm assessment of the port.

Guests who opt to sail on the shortened voyage will receive a pro-rated refund equal to the amount of one day of their cruise fare as well as pre-purchased shore excursions for Key West and Cozumel. Refunds will be applied to the original form of payment within three weeks Also, gratuities will be adjusted to reflect the shortened cruise.

As previously indicated, should guests scheduled on this voyage wish to cancel, they may do so with a full refund by calling 1-800-CARNIVAL. Guests will receive a full refund as well as any pre-paid gratuities, Carnival shore excursions for Key West and Cozumel and any FunShop purchases. Refunds will be applied to the original form of payment within three weeks.

Carnival Fantasy – 10/7/16 departure

The Greater Miami area will be experiencing the strongest effects of Hurricane Matthew late Thursday evening and in the early morning hours of Friday. Once conditions become safe on Friday, port officials will begin their assessment and make a determination on when the port is safe to reopen. This could take some time and, assuming the port reopens on Friday, embarkation would take place late afternoon/early evening. We will stay in close contact with port officials and will provide you with an update after 10:30 AM tomorrow.

Given the uncertainty Hurricane Matthew has caused, should guests wish to cancel, they may do so with a full refund by calling 1-800-CARNIVAL. Guests will receive a full refund as well as any pre-paid gratuities, Carnival shore excursions and any FunShop purchases. Refunds will be applied to the original form of payment within three weeks.

If PortMiami reopens on Friday, we will operate the scheduled itinerary with an overnight call in Nassau, pending a post-storm assessment of the port.

Carnival Ecstasy – 10/8/16 departure

The Port of Charleston will likely be closed on Saturday and, as a result, Carnival Ecstasy is not expected to arrive until Sunday. If the port re-opens on Sunday, we will operate a six-day cruise departing Sunday with an overnight stay in Nassau as well as a call in Freeport, pending post-storm assessments of our destinations. Guest who sail will receive a pro-rated refund equal to the amount of one day of their cruise fare as well as a refund for pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions for Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay. Refunds will be automatically processed to the original form of payment within three weeks. Gratuities will be adjusted to reflect the shortened cruise.

We anticipate having another update available on Carnival Ecstasy’s itinerary on Saturday afternoon. We certainly understand the impact this unexpected change has on your travel plans. Should you wish to cancel, you may do so with a full refund by calling 1-800-CARNIVAL.

Carnival Elation – 10/8/16 departure

The Port of Jacksonville will close as of tomorrow morning. Carnival Elation’s arrival scheduled for Saturday may potentially be delayed. We will remain in contact with port officials and update you accordingly as additional information becomes available.

Carnival Glory - 10/8/16 departure

The Carnival Glory cruise departing on Oct. 8 remains as scheduled. At this time, there are no changes to the ship’s itinerary. Should any changes becomes necessary, we will provide an update accordingly.

Carnival Magic – 10/8/16 departure

The Carnival Magic cruise departing Oct. 8 remains as scheduled at this time. Should any changes become necessary, we will provide an update accordingly.

Carnival Splendor – 10/8/16 departure

The Carnival Splendor cruise departing Oct. 8 remains as scheduled. At this time, there are no changes to the ship’s itinerary. Should any changes become necessary, we will provide an update accordingly.

Carnival Sunshine - 10/8/16 departure

The Carnival Sunshine cruise departing on Oct. 8 remains as scheduled. At this time, there are no changes to the ship’s itinerary. Should any changes becomes necessary, we will provide an update accordingly.

Carnival Valor – 10/8/16 departure

The Carnival Valor cruise departing Oct. 8 remains as scheduled. At this time, there are no changes to the ship’s itinerary. Should any changes become necessary, we will provide an update accordingly.

Carnival Conquest - 10/9/16 departure

The Carnival Conquest cruise departing on Oct. 9 remains as scheduled at this time. Should any changes becomes necessary, we will provide an update accordingly

Carnival Pride – 10/9/16 departure

We are monitoring the storm very closely and will be in a position to let you know about any needed itinerary changes by Saturday morning. Given our experience with hurricanes and their propensity for unexpected shifts, this time allows us the opportunity to make the best decisions for your vacation once we have greater clarity on the timing of the forecasted track.

We apologize for the tremendous inconvenience the storm is causing and thank you for your understanding.

Additionally, to stay up to date on any changes that may affect your sailing, we encourage you to sign up for text alerts by texting the codes below to CRUISE (278473).

Carnival Fantasy 10/7 CCL2

Carnival Magic 10/8 CCL3

Carnival Sensation 10/6 CCL4

Carnival Pride 10/9 CCL5

Carnival Valor 10/8 CCL6

Carnival Victory 10/6 CCL8

Carnival Elation 10/8 CCL9

Carnival Glory 10/8 CCL10

Carnival Splendor 10/8 CCL11

Carnival Conquest 10/9 CCL12

We're in Melbourne, 30 miles south of Port Canaveral. It is predicted that we are going to be hit very hard, and possibly have a direct hit. We have never had a storm this powerful come to Brevard County, so it is hard to say what is going to happen, when will the port open, will the harbor need dredged, etc.

We will not have electricity. That's a given. Therefore, no gas, no nothing. If I had to hazard a guess as to what the Canaveral ships will do, is that they will divert to Port Everglades or Miami.

To my fellow Floridians, stay safe. We are not evacuating (we're on the mainland), but wishing now we had. We don't want to be stuck in traffic in this hurricane, so we will stay home, and hope those hurricane shutters work like they are supposed to.

Well said. We're supposed to be on the Valor Saturday too, but right now, our home, our safety is much more important.

Sort of regretting not leaving either... traffic is bump to bumper with no hotels that takes fur babies.

but I do have a nice generator that uses both propane and gas.. bought 2 extra tanks.

I live in a fairly new manufacture home.. that meets codes.

Again my CC friends stay safe and god bless

Evacuate ! Evacuate ! Evacuate ! That's what the FL governor just stated on CNN . If not people will die. This CAT 4 storm is no joke people . We usually cruise in October and I might would have stayed inland in a Cat 2 storm and then wait for Carnivals announcement on when boarding would start . But a CAT 4 Storm , I don't think so. Get out of there while you still can.

We're in Melbourne, 30 miles south of Port Canaveral. It is predicted that we are going to be hit very hard, and possibly have a direct hit. We have never had a storm this powerful come to Brevard County, so it is hard to say what is going to happen, when will the port open, will the harbor need dredged, etc.

We will not have electricity. That's a given. Therefore, no gas, no nothing ... We are not evacuating (we're on the mainland), but wishing now we had. We don't want to be stuck in traffic in this hurricane, so we will stay home, and hope those hurricane shutters work like they are supposed to.

Stay safe while you shelter in place and we trust that you are well stocked with survival & critical supplies, food & drinking water, medications, work gloves & tools for post-storm recovery, flashlights & radios, spare/charging sources for mobile communications/text messaging, etc.

As first responders, we trained our team to stock up and to be self-sustaining for 7 days instead of 3 days or 72 hours ... this storm is heading out into the Atlantic over the weekend but forecast models showing it will loop around again for the 2nd. time toward the coastal Florida again, with reduced intensity. This will likely complicate any initial cleanup, recovery & unfortunately, any life saving rescue efforts needed - especially if there are widespread power outages, down trees, debris in the roadways and flooded highway entrance/exit ramps, etc.

This is bringing up vivid images of Hurricane Katrina for some of us while sitting in our EOC a thousand miles away. Trained crews will go out when it is safe to do so but everyone else should stay out of harm's way, and, please - not in the mad dash to get to the ports. Help can take a few days to arrive, just remember - SAR teams are prepared & gearing up at various staging areas to reach the worst hit areas, but only if they can get thru or land their planes, etc.

Driving with extra spare fuel in the trunk or back is very, very dangerous if you get into an accident. Have a backup plan in case you get 2 flat tires from debris on the highways as the repair & tire shops are likely still closed - for those of you attempting to drive.

Carnival is handling this as best as they can, with the uncertain nature of this massive & deadly hurricane incoming - and offering folks the option and choice to cancel & take a refund.

Vacations and plans are ruined, but, for those daring to drive today or even tomorrow - you do NOT need or have to risk your lives and those around you for a wild ride going against the headwind, the storm could stall and continue to pound the area as it continue its projected path in the northeast curve. Mother nature is funny and it has a history of doing its own, despite the best forecast & predictions.

Good luck & be smart if traveling and driving are a must ... be sure to have these as part of your let's "Go Kit"

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/Travel%20Gadgets/IMG4004.jpg

Thanks my dear friend..

At least i am home with my 2 maltese...one two yrs old and the other 20 months..

I have everything I need here too.

Liquor (all of it buy them instead of t-shirts.) food, generator with gas and propane... and of course my friends here on CC

Just order netfix for 30 days free trial... I will have electric but no cable..lol

I do have a cruise on the Pride in Jan.

@Put me on a ship and rjrice1, praying and believing that you will be okay, wish you would have chosen to leave. @rjrice1, I understand when it comes to the fur babies:)
Edited by rjrice1