No AOL email Access on iPad on Marina Internet

harryw

I'm currently on the Marina and have their internet package. The browser on my iPad accesses the

internet, but I am unable to access mail on my iPad. I use AOL. The Oceania@Sea rep had no explanation for me 3 hours ago, and said he would call me, but no response yet. His only advice was to use aol.com for mail.

Harry

Some email providers block access from certain countries that are sources of high volume phishing/scams. On Europe cruises last Oct. (river) and June (Marina) There were a number of locations in Europe where I had to use my provider's .com address and log on to get my emails.

How are you trying to get your AOL Mail..via IMAP (apple mail), web or the special Apple AOL App??

Are they blocking AOL?? I heard of this when we were on NCL. Can you get to mail.aol.com.

Some email providers block access from certain countries that are sources of high volume phishing/scams. On Europe cruises last Oct. (river) and June (Marina) There were a number of locations in Europe where I had to use my provider's .com address and log on to get my emails.

Harry is using the ships wi-fi which should have a Florida IP address. But the question deserves asking -- is this happening while at sea or in port.

Edited by PaulMCO

How are you trying to get your AOL Mail..via IMAP (apple mail), web or the special Apple AOL App??

Are they blocking AOL?? I heard of this when we were on NCL. Can you get to mail.aol.com.

Harry is using the ships wi-fi which should have a Florida IP address. But the question deserves asking -- is this happening while at sea or in port.

Apple mail won't work...aol.com does work. I've only tried it so far at sea only, here in Spain. Haven't had time to try it in port yet...

Harry

I am not sure how it works with an Ipad

for my netbook but I used to download my mail to a reader like Eudora

I could get it that way & log off to read & reply ..log on to send saving some $

I could not read it otherwise unless I used the .com site for my provider

Once the free internet came about I use the .com site for my mail (not aol)

I had the same problem with aol last week when we were on the Marina. I finally gave up and decided that whatever was on there could wait. My friends knew I was gone and my kids communicated with me via Facebook. When I got back and opened my 93 emails, I found that I was right. I just erased most of them!

I have an al app on my iPad. Never have had problem with it on any ship or hotel but one. It was iCloud problem and went away at home. One thing I learned that my mail will dump into the cloud and most shows up under ...@ me.com.. So I send mail that way abd get answers to.

Just some suggestions.

1) you can go to settings, mail and delete the account. Then add it back.

2) you can try the IMAP server if using the POP server

3) you can try the POP server if using the IMAP server

After docking in Alicante today, AOL is now working...I'll update if it fails againduring the cruise. One passenger were complaining when we were in Cadiz about having similar problems with the gmail account on her iPhone.

Harry