Emerald - outside viewing on deck 14?

MayasWay

We cruised Alaska a couple of years ago on Coral and are considering a cruise on Emerald in New Zealand. We loved the somewhat hidden forward access spaces on decks 9&10 (?) on Crown and are wondering if such spaces exist on Emerald.

Looking at the deck plans, it appears that 14 has an additional deck out front ... could someone confirm whether or not it is accessible and open for passengers? Are there any other outdoor forward spots, other than the promenade or the top sports decks, that might provide access?

Many thanks.

We cruised Alaska a couple of years ago on Coral and are considering a cruise on Emerald in New Zealand. We loved the somewhat hidden forward access spaces on decks 9&10 (?) on Crown and are wondering if such spaces exist on Emerald.

Looking at the deck plans, it appears that 14 has an additional deck out front ... could someone confirm whether or not it is accessible and open for passengers? Are there any other outdoor forward spots, other than the promenade or the top sports decks, that might provide access?

Many thanks.

No, no viewing area on deck 14, it is the bridge. Also no viewing areas on decks 10, 11 or 12. This is crew cabin areas.

In winter in the U.K. I may wear silky 'hold ups' with a knee length party dress. But I haven't worn tights (as we call them in the U.K.) for over 20 years! On a cruise, if my legs haven't tanned then I'd definitely use my Skinny Tan mousse to brown them. You have to show your painted toes off [emoji39]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Garfunkel

In winter in the U.K. I may wear silky 'hold ups' with a knee length party dress. But I haven't worn tights (as we call them in the U.K.) for over 20 years! On a cruise, if my legs haven't tanned then I'd definitely use my Skinny Tan mousse to brown them. You have to show your painted toes off [emoji39]

Ha ha, I obviously posted this in the wrong thread! My apologies.

That's the bridge. The viewing deck on top of the bridge is reached from Lido 15. It is often closed while underway.

Thanks for this information. Are there any other outside viewing areas forward on the Emerald other than this area on top of the bridge from Lido 15? Would this viewing area on top of the bridge be open during sail aways and sail ins? We too love the forward viewing areas on Princess ships like the Sea, Sun and Dawn, etc.

2happywanderers :):)

Thanks for this information. Are there any other outside viewing areas forward on the Emerald other than this area on top of the bridge from Lido 15? Would this viewing area on top of the bridge be open during sail aways and sail ins? We too love the forward viewing areas on Princess ships like the Sea, Sun and Dawn, etc.

Deck 8 forward where the upper part of the Promenade deck is.

Deck 8 forward where the upper part of the Promenade deck is.
Yes, Promenade at front has unobstructed view forward. For sail away I prefer looking rearward, from any vantage point up around the Terrace Pool.

Thanks, I should have recognized the shape as the bridge. We are trying to decide whether to use Princess to move us around New Zealand or travel by land. I was disappointed to learn that Emerald was one of the biggest ships ... does anyone know if it can get into the fjords like the Crown?

Thanks, I should have recognized the shape as the bridge. We are trying to decide whether to use Princess to move us around New Zealand or travel by land. I was disappointed to learn that Emerald was one of the biggest ships ... does anyone know if it can get into the fjords like the Crown?

The Emerald, Crown and the Ruby are the exact same size. Where one can go, the other two can go.