20day NCL Sun (B2B): $289 each leg, no single supplement! Price mistake?

fstuff1

On NCL.com right now (10/7/16)!

leg 1: dec 3 - 13

buenos ares to rio

leg 2: dec 13-23

rio back to Buenos ares

Inside: $289 each leg thus $578 for a a 20day cruise if going solo! :eek:

(Ocean view: $400 each leg)

if only i have any vacation time left this year. :(

Wonder why so cheap (if its not a price mistake)?

Edited by fstuff1

buenos ares to rio

rio back to Buenos ares

Americans won't be able to get a visa from Brazil in time.

buenos ares to rio

rio back to Buenos ares

This cruise sits out there mocking me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Port fees are a bit high though - nearly $300.

And those are guarantee cabins (no incentive), though other categories are not too much higher.

Also saw some relatively inexpensive February routes as well.

Edited by krj9999

It takes at least 6 months to get a visa from Brazil, so you couldn't go even if it was free.

Wow that is really bad turnaround time. I am going to apply for mine on Tuesday, if it takes six months I will have to make some flight changes. Will report back after Tuesday.

Rochelle

Wow that is really bad turnaround time. I am going to apply for mine on Tuesday, if it takes six months I will have to make some flight changes. Will report back after Tuesday.

Rochelle

Mine took less than 3 weeks.

Mine took less than 3 weeks.

We are bringing ours to the consulate and picking them up and are under the impression this should take 2 week (10 business days).

Good to know you were able to get yours that quickly, which bodes well for anyone hoping to jump on one of those incredible deals coming up. We can only hope for that type of pricing to continue into April and we can possibly take advantage and upgrade.

Rochelle

Sadly. history repeats itself. This could be the start of the end for seasons in SA, just like they pulled the Sun out of SA years ago....or maybe a reduction in intineraries

Low fares like this mean there are empty ships. Without the occupancy to contribute to the DSC fund and to have a full ship of guests spending money onboard... the route becomes an economic problem.

High airfares to SA from the USA and the recent Brazil visa issues are not helping these routes at all.

Edited by computerworks

Uh-huh.

"US citizens are exempt from paying the reciprocity fee by Presidencial [sic] Decree No. 959/2016, published on August 23, 2016." (source: Argentinian Embassy in the US)

That is a recent change of Argentina dropping their $160 Reciprocity Fee, but the decree is only good for 90 days. They do plan to extend it, though.

Uruguay's fees for US Citizens are $42.

Brazil: $160

http://www.southamericaliving.com/living-in-brazil-visas-fees/

You'll need to add the expense of Reciprocity fees to that low fare.

South American countries are notorious for their Reciprocity Fees, especially to Americans.

http://www.southamerica.travel/South-America-Tourist-Visas.php

WRONG again- the Argentina Reciprocity fee was eliminated in March (when I was there). There aren't any Uruguay fee requirements for US cruisers.

Have you even been there???

buenos ares to rio

rio back to Buenos ares

Supply and demand. :) This has been on the give away rack for weeks. Friends of mine told me about it, but I was tied up- sailing out of Copenhagen on the Star and could only access the Eu NCL website. (which was over 1100 euros for the second cruise. I had the cruise next check for me when I got on board and it was $349. a few days prior to final payment so I decided to hold off. But the 12-3 cruise was $199 so I booked it, and used 2 deposits, for a total end price of $273 I waited a few days, keeping track of the 12-13 cruise, then wham- sure enough it dropped to $199 also- BUT the rate with taxes was only $498 and I wanted to again use 2 deposits. The next rate up was $299= beauty was- it came with free gratuities :) :) :). So I booked that for a total end price of $348.

I sail to South America every year. It isn't a common destination for Americans. I find it fantastic, but, it frequently is a one time trip for many from the US.

I do think NCL will not be sending a ship to South America after this season. It's not profitable enough for them to do so. The established carriers of South America include Princess and Celebrity. Most of this year's runs in South America are cheap with the exception of the holidays cruise. NCL has been running solo discounts on all the legs I've been staring at. Outside of NCL, Princess is the only other line to offer the Antarctica landing excursion. :cool:

Just wish the airfare wasn't so hideous. The airlines are totally gouging and they know they have a captive audience because they know when the cruise schedules are. :mad:

I do think NCL will not be sending a ship to South America after this season. It's not profitable enough for them to do so. The established carriers of South America include Princess and Celebrity. Most of this year's runs in South America are cheap with the exception of the holidays cruise. NCL has been running solo discounts on all the legs I've been staring at. Outside of NCL, Princess is the only other line to offer the Antarctica landing excursion. :cool:

Just wish the airfare wasn't so hideous. The airlines are totally gouging and they know they have a captive audience because they know when the cruise schedules are. :mad:

You have completely missed HAL????? They've been sailing this itinerary for years, also have Antarctica itineraries.

EVERY year- I have no problem getting price dumps on South America sailings. Been picking them up since 2010- every year. did b2b in March this year.

There are always a lot of people on these cruises, who have no problem getting, what they consider lower air fares. Maybe look at flyertalk for suggestions? Looking for connections in Miami with cheap round trip Florida tickets- booked separately? Several alternatives I've heard people doing. Not an issue for me, so don't have tips for cost savings, but cruisers are getting them.