waived airline baggage fees and Luggage Direct

mobilemac

Alaska Airlines provides one piece of "free" checked luggage when we book our ticket using our Alaska credit card. Returning from FLL to Seattle last fall, we signed up for Luggage Direct and were surprised that the ship still charged us for all our checked luggage. According to the front desk, they didn't have access to information from Alaska about allowing for "free" luggage.

Has this glitch been fixed? Does the Luggage Direct program recognize "free" checked luggage, or does the ship still charge for all checked luggage. This question really only applies to Alaska Airlines.

Thanks.

It seems one must decide whixh they want more,

,Why would Alaska Air give crurise lines access to their comptuters? I don'tclalll this an HAL glitch. Do you want the conveneience or the small savings More? Which do you value the most?

IMO

Edited by sail7seas

Alaska Airlines provides one piece of "free" checked luggage when we book our ticket using our Alaska credit card. Returning from FLL to Seattle last fall, we signed up for Luggage Direct and were surprised that the ship still charged us for all our checked luggage. According to the front desk, they didn't have access to information from Alaska about allowing for "free" luggage.

Has this glitch been fixed? Does the Luggage Direct program recognize "free" checked luggage, or does the ship still charge for all checked luggage. This question really only applies to Alaska Airlines.

Thanks.

If HAL has to give your bags special handling for "Luggage Direct" - I see no reason why they would want to waive their fees for their service just because your airline does.

If HAL has to give your bags special handling for "Luggage Direct" - I see no reason why they would want to waive their fees for their service just because your airline does.

I think you are misreading the poster's point. I think he/she is referring to having to pay the AIRLINE'S baggage fee when it should be free (from credit card promotion or ?). I think that they understand that they have to pay Luggage Direct their fee.

Thanks.

We used luggage direct this year when flying home from Seattle. We wrote our our Alaska Airlines frequent flier numbers on the luggage direct paperwork and we were not charged for our bags.

Edited by oaktreerb

In July we used luggage direct with our a Jet a Blue flight. The ticket information I gave the front desk, that they took a copy of, clearly stated one checked bag was included in our tickets. We were still charged the $25 per bag fee on top of the luggage direct fee. I was not happy. I complained to HAL when I got home and they have resolved the problem very nicely.

Sent from my iPad using Forums