Royal not won't honor web site price

t18c97

And the price difference was only a few hundred dollars? That's weird.

Yea, that's what has me mad. You see airlines or hotels not all but many times honor those web site mistakes which you know right away were a mistake, not like this error, and they won't honor it.

Yea, that's what has me mad. You see airlines or hotels not all but many times honor those web site mistakes which you know right away were a mistake, not like this error, and they won't honor it.

1) They're not required to honor it. It is their discretion. If you feel like you were treated unfairly, there are plenty of other cruise lines that would enjoy your business. Vote with your wallet.

2) Someone posted a few days ago the terms of the offer. Your state is not included in that special sale price. Regardless of if their website showed you that price or not, it was clear in the terms.

3) Time to move on and start planning on enjoying your cruise.

Edited by MikeBTN

1) They're not required to honor it. It is their discretion. If you feel like you were treated unfairly, there are plenty of other cruise lines that would enjoy your business. Vote with your wallet.

2) Someone posted a few days ago the terms of the offer. Your state is not included in that special sale price. Regardless of if their website showed you that price or not, it was clear in the terms.

3) Time to move on and start planning on enjoying your cruise.

1)That is what will be happening after this cruise since I'm past the cancellation point. Disney CC Gold member getting close to Platinum.

2)Don't know where they saw that information since my TA or myself never saw that info anywhere during the booking process.

3)Cruise is all planned for, except for the mouthwash to get the sour taste out of my mouth from this experience.

Edited by t18c97

In my previous experience with this issue, after you do take that step and enter payment details, it acts as though it is processing and then it errors out returning you to the home page.

Yes, this and I'll explain more in a second.*

First of all, just like when you get a sale flyer with your newspaper (do people get newspapers anymore?) it always says somewhere that they aren't responsible for misprints. What OP is talking about is like a misprint. An error in pricing, whatever. Now I have seen where sometimes a web site will make an error and a few people find it and the company still honours the price because, well they are just like that: "A mistake was made and thanks for letting us know."

The flip side of that is someone finds a mistake, buys a bunch of stuff at the mistaken price and blabs it all over the internet. The company cancels all the orders.

*Okay, to expand, most purchase websites have some sort of fail safe built in to keep mistakes from happening. The reason is that when you are viewing a web site, many times you are viewing an older copy of the site, not the original. This copy may be stored (cached) by your service provider or somewhere else between you and RC's data centre. So if they fix the error it sometimes takes time for the fixes to be passed along. So a failsafe kicks in that compares the price you are paying against what the price is supposed to be. If these don't match, it errors out, or at least alerts someone. (Like the time my IT vendor quoted us for 200 laptops @ $50 instead of 20 laptops at $500). It isn't always perfect, like in my example above, because someone still has to find the problem.

Do you qualify for any C&A discounts? It looks like RCCl fixed the error - regular price is $3800+ or the same price RCCL quoted you. But you can still book the JS guarantee for $3090 total Taxes and all. I see no state resident discount being offered on that date. The above price is with the BOGO60 promotion.

Carla

Edited by golfpccc

Do you qualify for any C&A discounts? It looks like RCCl fixed the error - regular price is $3800+ or the same price RCCL quoted you. But you can still book the JS guarantee for $3090 total Taxes and all. I see no state resident discount being offered on that date. The above price is with the BOGO60 promotion.

Carla

No I don't have status on RCCL, Disney has been our go to line in the past. We're trying them now because the couple we're going with like RCCL so we figured we'd give them a shot.

Yeah as much as I hate to I have to side with royal on this.They made a mistake and just because you caught it doesnt mean you should be entitled to it..

If I listed my car for sale for 20grand and by accident left a zero out of sign,should I have to honor the price? Not a chance,honest mistake and it was an honest mistake on royal behalf and you shouldnt be looking to screw them because of it...Just my opinion and I know others feel like screwing everyone they can but I dont.Maybe you should go back to Disney cruise lines if their customer service lets you screw them easier.

Edited by rtazz17

Carla

OP, I would book this immediately. If you don't like the room assignment (unlikely, they're all good), you can always switch to another available JS.

Yes, this and I'll explain more in a second.*

First of all, just like when you get a sale flyer with your newspaper (do people get newspapers anymore?) it always says somewhere that they aren't responsible for misprints. What OP is talking about is like a misprint. An error in pricing, whatever. Now I have seen where sometimes a web site will make an error and a few people find it and the company still honours the price because, well they are just like that: "A mistake was made and thanks for letting us know."

The flip side of that is someone finds a mistake, buys a bunch of stuff at the mistaken price and blabs it all over the internet. The company cancels all the orders.

*Okay, to expand, most purchase websites have some sort of fail safe built in to keep mistakes from happening. The reason is that when you are viewing a web site, many times you are viewing an older copy of the site, not the original. This copy may be stored (cached) by your service provider or somewhere else between you and RC's data centre. So if they fix the error it sometimes takes time for the fixes to be passed along. So a failsafe kicks in that compares the price you are paying against what the price is supposed to be. If these don't match, it errors out, or at least alerts someone. (Like the time my IT vendor quoted us for 200 laptops @ $50 instead of 20 laptops at $500). It isn't always perfect, like in my example above, because someone still has to find the problem.

I agree. That's why I booked it at the price that the vacation planner gave me even though I caught a bugged price (that of course I wanted )

trying myself. [emoji4]

To the OP, I totally empathize with your situation whether or not it can be explained, I see where you're coming from.

I have no doubt you will enjoy your cruise and I hope that you enjoy the rest of the Royal Caribbean experience that it still to come, as much as I have. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

See prior response for details. Pricing I get is $2,916+$223.08=$3,139.08. When TA called RCCL she was told the correct price is $3,804.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

JS guarantee is $3093 right now. Take it and don't look back.