Carnival Vista Review 1st Oct 2016. -Oh No I`ve lost my anchor!!!

trogmd

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I can't wait to read the rest!

I'm so sorry for your loss, though. I think it's great that you went anyway. I'm sure he would have wanted you to. And I'm sure he was with you the whole time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So sorry for your loss... Memories never pass and new memories will continue.

Your review is awesome ---> Thank You :)

Thanks for your kind words and welcome to the review. I have lots of good memories. :)

Thank you for taking the time to review, and I'm truly sorry for your lose. I'm glad you decided to still go on the Vista and I understand what it means to take that first cruise without someone being there that you had loved dearly. I had always cruised Carnival with my mother, my best friend, since I was very young. Our last cruise together was in 2010, on the Dream. I lost her exactly one year later. She had plans for us to cruise on the Carnival Magic once she was out of the hospital, but that day never came. It was 6 years before I finally booked another Carnival cruise, on the Vista, for this past August.

I understand how difficult it is to prepare, worrying if your cruise will be so filled with reminders, and knowing things will just not be quite the same without our loved one there. I'm glad you pushed on, instead of waiting for years as I did, because even after all that time, I was constantly thinking to myself during my voyage how my mom would have loved this or enjoyed that. This first cruise after losing your partner will definitely have been the hardest. But hopefully you made some new memories, met some great people, and next time, it will be easier. And thank you for being honest about what you were going through.

Thank you for such lovely words, and sorry for your loss of your mum. It is never easy to get over losing someone close to you but hopefully they are there watching over us wanting us to enjoy life to the full. :)

Thanks for your review, seeing your Barcelona pictures remind of our Vista cruise in June. I'm very sorry about your loss, I hope it was a good trip for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks and welcome to the review. I really liked Barcelona.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I can't wait to read the rest!

I'm so sorry for your loss, though. I think it's great that you went anyway. I'm sure he would have wanted you to. And I'm sure he was with you the whole time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for such kind words and I am sure he was with me as well. :)

Now where was I.

So I finished breakfast and got ready for a VERY Long Walk.

Now the plan for today was to go to Salou on the train with Kieron and we were going to go to the Universal studios theme park there called Portaventura. However I definitely was not going to go there on my own, so I had to come up with something different.

Someone at work said that Barcelona Zoo would be a good place to visit, so thats what I did.

I set off at 10am down Av. Diagonal and turned right when I came to a view like the one in this picture....

IMG_20160930_105333.jpg

IMG_20160930_105346.jpg

Once I had turned right I knew it was just a case of walking all the way down this road to the Zoo.

Here are a few pics of my walk to the zoo.

IMG_20160930_105556.jpg

IMG_20160930_105608.jpg

IMG_20160930_105836.jpg

I love how big the streets are with lots of trees and plants.

IMG_20160930_105852.jpg

In the middle of one very large roundabout was this statue.

IMG_20160930_112325.jpg

and this play area

IMG_20160930_112331.jpg

IMG_20160930_112424.jpg

and this was the view from inside the roundabout looking out to the Arc de Triomf in the distance.

IMG_20160930_112537.jpg

IMG_20160930_112628.jpg

I finally reach the Arc.....

IMG_20160930_113208.jpg

I love this water feature it was so amazing.

IMG_20160930_115345.jpg

IMG_20160930_115513.jpg

Here are a few more pics around the park, this place was really huge and very pretty.

IMG_20160930_115732.jpg

IMG_20160930_115920.jpg

At the edge of the park I finally found the entrance to the Zoo.

IMG_20160930_120226.jpg

Coming up tomorrow is my time at the zoo,

Thanks for reading and for all your good wishes and kind words.

Mark. :)

Looking forward to reading the rest of your review. We got off the Vista on the 23rd Sept and had a couple of days in Barcelona before flying home.

So sorry for your loss, and am sure that Kieron would be looking on. My wife and I can empathise losing someone so dear to you, you will be carrying his heart in yours.

http://myblueheart.org.uk/

Hope this helps.

I am loving your review - I think Kieron would be so proud of you for going ahead with your plans that he had a big part of. My husband and I are on the Vista on Dec 31st out of Miami and am looking forward to hearing all about your experience. Take care of you !

Looking forward to reading the rest of your review. We got off the Vista on the 23rd Sept and had a couple of days in Barcelona before flying home.

So sorry for your loss, and am sure that Kieron would be looking on. My wife and I can empathise losing someone so dear to you, you will be carrying his heart in yours.

http://myblueheart.org.uk/

Hope this helps.

Thank you for such kind words bluwes.

I was on the Oct 1st sailing on the Vista as well... and my dog of 12 years passed a month before our vacation---he was like a family member to us. I'm sorry for your loss...

Thanks sailwithbars, I had a dog for 17yrs and yes they are like a member of the family.

Hope you like the rest of the review.