Carnival Vista Review 1st Oct 2016. -Oh No I`ve lost my anchor!!!

trogmd

Great start! Looking forward to the rest. We will be on the Vista next summer so I can't wait to see more of the ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks and welcome to the review.

First so sorry for your loss of your soul mate...

But he was traveling with you and looking down saying "Mark be happy" do this for us...

Want to tell ya a little story.. I lost my best friend.. and always promise him I take him on a cruise with me.. (my maltese..) when he went to the rainbow bridge.. I put some of him in a teddy bear. Now when we go on vacation he goes too.

Second thank you very much for taking the time to let us join you on your vacation... please continue.... and yes you have a real angel watching over you all the time

Cathy

Thank you so much for your kind words, they really do make me feel better. I like the idea of the teddy bear as well. :)

I bought the teddy heat on line (under pets for teddy bears with wings on the back and a red heart on the front

perfections memorials and they have other stuff too

when feeling down i hug it and talk to him

makes me feel better

please take care of yourself

hugs being sent to you

h

Thank you so much for your kind words, they really do make me feel better. I like the idea of the teddy bear as well. :)
Edited by rjrice1

Hello, Mark. I am so sorry for the loss of your partner, Kieron. I admire your courage in taking this cruise and also for coming here to share everything with us. I am enjoying your review and all of the pictures and look forward to reading about the rest of the journey.

Take care,

Heather

You know you're reading a really great story when you chuckle a lot and tear up a little all while looking at someone's amazing adventure! Thank you for writing this and please know that even though I've never met you or your beloved, I can feel the love you shared. I hope you continue to travel and share your future stories with us! Thank you!

I bought the teddy heat on line (under pets for teddy bears with wings on the back and a red heart on the front

perfections memorials and they have other stuff too

when feeling down i hug it and talk to him

makes me feel better

please take care of yourself

hugs being sent to you

h

Thank you again h, really appreciate the hugs too. :)

I am so sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine how hard that must have been/still is. I am loving your review and I am so glad you got the chance to have such a wonderful time.

Thanks for your kind words. Glad you like the review as well. :)

Thank you so much for sharing what must have been a very emotional journey for you. I am enjoying your pictures very much and I love your commentary too. Can't wait to see more.

Thanks CakeGirl. Glad your enjoying the review. Next installment is on the way. :)

Hello, Mark. I am so sorry for the loss of your partner, Kieron. I admire your courage in taking this cruise and also for coming here to share everything with us. I am enjoying your review and all of the pictures and look forward to reading about the rest of the journey.

Take care,

Heather

Thank you so much Heather. Glad you are enjoying the review. :)

You know you're reading a really great story when you chuckle a lot and tear up a little all while looking at someone's amazing adventure! Thank you for writing this and please know that even though I've never met you or your beloved, I can feel the love you shared. I hope you continue to travel and share your future stories with us! Thank you!

Thanks Krissfon for your lovely words. I hope to write more reviews in the future as well. :)

Our first port was Marseilles, France. As I have said not everything went to plan and there were some things that Kieron had planned for us that I did not get to do unfortunately.

Today was my brothers Birthday, so I let him choose what we did on this day. The original plan was to go to the beach further down the coast on the right side of the port, however we did not get off the ship today.

My brother is a huge Manchester United football fan, and they were showing the match in the Skybox Sports Bar, so as a birthday treat I said he could watch the game, while having a couple of beers as well :D .

Anyway here is a pic of my view from the balcony of my room...

IMG_20161002_084027.jpg

IMG_20161002_084104.jpg

As you can see it was a clear blue sky this morning. We were in quite an industrial port, as were most of the ports we visited on this trip.

IMG_20161002_084114.jpg

My cabin is on the starboard side of the ship. Here is a view of the port side of the ship....

IMG_20161002_085211.jpg

IMG_20161002_085223.jpg

Port side again...

IMG_20161002_085232.jpg

We went to breakfast in the horizons restaurant just before they finished serving. This is what I had most of the time at breakfast in the restaurant....

IMG_20161002_094933.jpg

Orange juice, Danish, Coffee. Then I ordered eggs over easy, bacon, hash browns, sausage, toast and the best tasting corned beef hash I have ever had. :)

After breakfast I went back to the room and found that Michael had put my bed to a double as I had asked.

IMG_20161002_102211.jpg

Then I went to go on the Skyride while many people were off the ship...

IMG_20161002_152219.jpg

The Skyride was fantastic and we went on it at least 4 times during the cruise.

I also went on the Ropes course and could not believe how scary it was :eek: .Keith went before me and was over half way round while I struggled with the first bit of the course. Needless to say I only did this once.

I did not take my camera with me for the ropes but I will post pics later in the review.

In the evening we went to the theater, Liquid lounge, for the 7pm show which was called " Studio VIP ". The show was set in the 70s era in the NYC nightlife style.

I was not expecting much as I had not heard a lot from other reviews about it.

However the show was absolutely fantastic and I really thought that if this was just the first show then it was going to be a great week of shows to come.

Here are a few pics ....

IMG_20161002_171332.jpg

IMG_20161002_171338.jpg

IMG_20161002_171351.jpg

IMG_20161002_171403.jpg

How did he get there...

IMG_20161002_171428.jpg

IMG_20161002_173445.jpg

More of the show...

IMG_20161002_175637.jpg

IMG_20161002_180133.jpg

I really loved all the lights and special effects that the shows had in them. Also a big shout out to all the singers and dancers who did a fantastic job keeping us all entertained throughout the cruise. The singers sang live as well and some of the lead singers had fantastic voices.

The only negative is the Liquid Lounge itself is not what you would expect on a ship this size. It is too small with lots of obstructed views.

After the show we went to dinner at the Chinese restaurant called Ji JI Asian Kitchen for my brothers birthday meal....

IMG_20161002_182223.jpg

Here is the menu...

IMG_20161002_182404.jpg

IMG_20161002_182410.jpg

This evening you were given a half carafe of Sake Sangria free of charge with your meal....

IMG_20161002_183720.jpg

Here is a prime example of me forgetting to take pictures before tucking in....

IMG_20161002_184723.jpg

The above was the delicious pork belly starter. It had a caramel sauce to glaze it with which was absolutely gorgeous.

They served a side of various prawn crackers with toppings....

IMG_20161002_184744.jpg

All the food is served as sharing plates. Our second starter was duck leg with fritters....

IMG_20161002_185326.jpg

Really really naughty I know we had a third starter of crispy spring rolls as well. I thought the way everything was presented was amazing and was very impressed with it all indeed....

IMG_20161002_185446.jpg

For the main courses we had the king prawns in sweet & sour, Hakka style noodles which were awesome...

IMG_20161002_190954.jpg

IMG_20161002_191001.jpg

and Himalayan fried rice with chicken which was fantastic as well ....

IMG_20161002_191020.jpg

this was all served by this friendly lady who was really excellent at her job...

IMG_20161002_191010.jpg

our second main was Clay pot stewed pork which was also unbelievably good....

IMG_20161002_191034.jpg

After all that amazing food we had no room for dessert.

Just kidding, with my sweet tooth I always have dessert. :D ...

keith had ice-cream....

IMG_20161002_194151.jpg

while I had the caramelized pancakes...

IMG_20161002_194201.jpg

The staff then brought out a decorated plate saying happy birthday to my brother and they sang happy birthday in Chinese to him which was a great touch and finished off a fantastic meal for him...

IMG_20161002_195133.jpg

IMG_20161002_195110.jpg

We both thought that this meal was the best meal we had had on any holiday ever. It was well worth the $15 cover charge. Well done to all the chefs in JiJi asian kitchen for a faultless meal. Needless to say I highly recommend this place to anyone sailing the Vista in the future.

Next we went to watch the comedian in the Punchliner comedy club...

IMG_20161002_201638.jpg

The comedian was hilarious and we really enjoyed the show.

I then went to bed after a long days activities.

By the way the clock on my camera was 2 hours out as I forgot to change the time on it.

So at about 11.30 I went to the room and found this little fella waiting on my bed for me...

IMG_20161002_212630.jpg

IMG_20161002_212637.jpg

We finished off the day with a drink of Amaretto on the balcony. All in all it had been a great day for Keith's birthday. :)

Next up LIVORNO.