Traditional seating dinner time - 5:30 or 6:00?

Every time I remember doing traditional dining, our dinner was at 5:30. The website says 5:30 too. However, when I look at some of the other Cruise Compasses uploaded for our same cruise itinerary (Oasis of the Seas, Eastern Caribbean 7 day) it shows main seating at 6:00. This is for a very recent compass.

Does anyone know which is correct? It matters mainly because we're trying to decide between different event/excursion/show times.

My uneducated guess is that Traditional dining (TD) is at 5:30, and then My Time (MTD) is at 6:00 so they fill up tables from no-shows at TD.

Every time I remember doing traditional dining, our dinner was at 5:30. The website says 5:30 too. However, when I look at some of the other Cruise Compasses uploaded for our same cruise itinerary (Oasis of the Seas, Eastern Caribbean 7 day) it shows main seating at 6:00. This is for a very recent compass.

Does anyone know which is correct? It matters mainly because we're trying to decide between different event/excursion/show times.

My uneducated guess is that Traditional dining (TD) is at 5:30, and then My Time (MTD) is at 6:00 so they fill up tables from no-shows at TD.

IME, MTD starts at least as early as main seating. (usually half an hour earlier)

I don't understand what you think you mean when you write, "so they fill up tables from no-shows at TD."

Edited by Merion_Mom

IME, MTD starts at least as early as main seating. (usually half an hour earlier)

I don't understand what you think you mean when you write, "so they fill up tables from no-shows at TD."

Based on your reply that MTD starts earlier sometimes, that rules out what I was thinking. I wondered if traditional dining is setup to seat first, and then if you're late 30 minutes those tables become free for seating MTD passengers. Guess not.

Based on your reply that MTD starts earlier sometimes, that rules out what I was thinking. I wondered if traditional dining is setup to seat first, and then if you're late 30 minutes those tables become free for seating MTD passengers. Guess not.

No. The two seating areas are completely separate, usually on different decks!

I guess they change dining times 2 months before sailing. I booked a cruise last year sailing this year for freedom and dinner time was 8PM, I was super close to pick MTD but we dont like the concept so we continued with TD. My documents were issue today and now I see that dinner time is pucsjed back 30 mins to 830PM ( I am glad I didn't pick MTD )

If we are assigned late seating, can we go in the MTD stand by line on the days it interferes with our shows?

No. MTD is only for those signed up for MTD.

Use the buffet (Windjammer) or specialty restaurants if you can't make your fixed dining time.

:)