Rebooking (settle an argument)

scott4020

Probably a fine idea. In reality, I would suggest that after all of this time in business Princess probably has a good handle on what constitutes good customer service and where the line is crossed into a situation of customer abuse of Princess' policies. The rules and stipulations of the Princess policies are spelled out in the booking conditions and in the contract for passage after the booking is made. If any of this is going to be a make-or-break then, well, don't accept the contract. .

That's a one way street. I always get a confirmed 6 PM early dinner and Princess ALWAYS changes it to 5 :30 so contracts mean nothing to Princess unless it favors them.

Last year the fare dropped more then the penalty so I took the penalty and booked at the new rate saving a few dollars.

Did I miss something? I thought as of Friday, CCL owned Princess Cruise so wouldn't that be a CCL policy?

No - the different cruise lines have very different policies. acting independently despite having one corporate parent. Ten lines together gives them the advantage of economies of scale - but they are separate businesses.

The OP's friend should call and speak with another representative. Happy things do happen on occasion.

Edited by Maddle

So our cruise is six weeks out today and the fares are lower now, even a mini suite is lower.

My friend called Princess and tried to get rebooked at a cheaper fare or upgraded to a mini and Princess said "no it's too late" I'm not surprised, but he is mad as hell and says he'll never book Princess again.

He also said Carnival would do it. Is this true? I have never cruised with them before would they actually do this?

Carnival has a fare rate called "Early Saver" If you book this rate, you can receive price reductions in the form of OBC right up till 48 hours before sailing. The catch is, this is a non-refundable fare. If you cancel before final payment is due, they will charge you $50 and hold the rest of your deposit for a future cruise with-in two years. If you cancel after final payment other restrictions apply.

All other Carnival fares you can receive price reductions up to final payment. After final payment no price reductions allowed.

Hope this answers your question.

Happy sailing :)

Did I miss something? I thought as of Friday, CCL owned Princess Cruise so wouldn't that be a CCL policy?
You missed the fact that Carnival Cruise Line does not own Princess or any other cruise line. Carnival Corporation & Plc (stock symbol CCL) owns a number of cruise lines, including Carnival, Princess, Cunard, Holland America, Costa, Seaborne, etc. For the most part, each of the cruise lines has its own company, management and policies.

That's a one way street. I always get a confirmed 6 PM early dinner and Princess ALWAYS changes it to 5 :30 so contracts mean nothing to Princess unless it favors them.

A dining time is a request only & can be changed which like cabin assignments are not contractually guaranteed.

A dining time is a request only & can be changed which like cabin assignments are not contractually guaranteed.

But when it's confirmed in writing I believe it becomes a contract because both parties have agreed to something.

Like I said, a one way street. I still cruise mostly with Princess but I at least know her flaws and there are more pro then cons with her.

Edited by cruzsnooze

But when it's confirmed in writing I believe it becomes a contract because both parties have agreed to something.

Like I said, a one way street. I still cruise mostly with Princess but I at least know her flaws and there are more pro then cons with her.

Not really. There are lots of things "confirmed in writing" which do not become a part of the cruise contract. Here is an extract from the real contract:

Except as otherwise provided, Carrier may, for any reason, without prior notice, cancel the cruise; deviate from the scheduled ports of call, route and timetable; call or omit to call at any port or place or cancel or modify any activity on or off the ship; comply with all governmental laws and orders given by governmental authorities; render assistance to preserve life and property; or change the date or time of sailing or arrival, change the port of embarkation or disembarkation, shorten the Cruise or substitute ships, aircraft or other transportation or lodging.

I would point out that by agreeing to this contract, you agreed that Princess can "cancel or modify any activity on or off the ship" which should cover changing the times of dining.