E-Cigarettes

BecL

Hello fellow Oz cruisers,

I know E-Cigs are not very common here as yet so i'm wondering if anyone has had any experience cruising with them.

Have there been any delays at security points on and off the ships for example due to workers perhaps not knowing what they are or that they are allowed?

Any info anyone has would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hello fellow Oz cruisers,

I know E-Cigs are not very common here as yet so i'm wondering if anyone has had any experience cruising with them.

Have there been any delays at security points on and off the ships for example due to workers perhaps not knowing what they are or that they are allowed?

Any info anyone has would be much appreciated.

Thanks

No problems at security checks on boarding, though you may have more issues at the airports. Batteries have to be correctly stored and some PV's need to be carried on your person. On board the ship, you'll have to stay in the smoker's area (Princess policy since 2014, but not sure of the policy on other ships).

No problems at all.... As said above, you are supposed to use only in smoking areas, but I don't know anyone that does that lol, defeats the purpose....just use like if you were at home and where and when you would use it. They may not be widely used here ..yet... but you will find that if a staff member sees you they will ask about what brand etc...as chances are they have one as they are widely used by staff onboard cruise ships.

Edited by tassie cruiser

No problems at all.... just use like if you were at home and where and when you would use it. They may not be widely used here ..yet... .

Hi Folks

Why not just stick to the rules , use your e-cigs in the same places that smoking is permitted...

Or be prepared to cop a $250 fine or even be prepared to be removed from the ship

Frankly if you break the smoking rules I for one would be happy to see you removed from the ship so you could no longer create a hazard to all on board

Regards

John

Hi Folks

Why not just stick to the rules , use your e-cigs in the same places that smoking is permitted...

Or be prepared to cop a $250 fine or even be prepared to be removed from the ship

Frankly if you break the smoking rules I for one would be happy to see you removed from the ship so you could no longer create a hazard to all on board

Regards

John

"use your ecig in the places that smoking is permitted"

Gee that's a great idea for the people who have done a great job and given up smoking and no longer want to be around the smell and get into their clothes etc...... go and use it with the smokers..... that's a great statement...

I thought I was on the Aus Boards, my mistake, must be the American Boards, that's the response I would have expected from there.

The OP only asked a question, from people that had experienced it, not others opinions, who have no idea what an ecig actually is, if they did, they would know there is no odour and no harm to anyone. If they didn't see it, they wouldn't know, but once they see it, they go..oooohhhhh the smell lol

Holland America have on their website that ecigs are allowed to be used in all state rooms/cabins onboard their ships ... At least someone is up with the times.... Sheesh :rolleyes:

Thank you everyone for your replies.

I am aware that you can only use them in smoking areas - same as on land really. Not allowed in restaurants, bars etc.

Happy to comply, just wanted to make sure we wouldn't be questioned every time we got on and off the boat in case security thought they were something banned or dangerous.

One less thing to worry about! :D

Hi Folks

Regards

John

yes i think its a bit harsh seeing the OP asked a question and i doubt they would remove anyone for smoking where they shouldnt unless they flicked the bumper over board

Thank you everyone for your replies.

I am aware that you can only use them in smoking areas - same as on land really. Not allowed in restaurants, bars etc.

Happy to comply, just wanted to make sure we wouldn't be questioned every time we got on and off the boat in case security thought they were something banned or dangerous.

One less thing to worry about! :D

Exactly..... enjoy your cruise.... :)

No problems at all.... As said above, you are supposed to use only in smoking areas, but I don't know anyone that does that lol, defeats the purpose....just use like if you were at home and where and when you would use it. They may not be widely used here ..yet... but you will find that if a staff member sees you they will ask about what brand etc...as chances are they have one as they are widely used by staff onboard cruise ships.

Fun Police? What about the clowns that encourage people to break the rules that, regardless of what some people think, are there for everybody.

Hi Folks

Regards

John

I cannot believe what you have written vk3dq.someone asks a simple question and you vent your anger on someone you do not know.for all you know this person (becl) could be a carer a charity worker or a millionaire who gives money to the poor or even someone just like you but that is trying to give up smoking.i as an ex smoker (and yes it is a bad habit) gave up 6 years ago with the help of tablets,it wasn't easy but I won in the end.try in your wisdom to help someone else give up the habit just like I did instead of coming down on them like a tonne of bricks.

I cannot believe what you have written vk3dq.someone asks a simple question and you vent your anger on someone you do not know.for all you know this person (becl) could be a carer a charity worker or a millionaire who gives money to the poor or even someone just like you but that is trying to give up smoking.i as an ex smoker (and yes it is a bad habit) gave up 6 years ago with the help of tablets,it wasn't easy but I won in the end.try in your wisdom to help someone else give up the habit just like I did instead of coming down on them like a tonne of bricks.

I think they were commenting on the post suggesting they should ignore the rules and smoke anywhere, and not the Original Post.

Princess cruises rules are use them in the smoking areas only but you can also use them in your room but not on the balcony.

The $250 fine does not apply as you are not smoking anything. If you do use them around the ship a staff member will most likely ask you to please go to the smoking area if any other passenger complains.

I travel a lot and have never had any issues with customs and or other personnel that check your luggage. They all know what they are and will wave you through.

The last flight I was on the flight crew all used e cigs and joined me in the smokers lounge at the airport before we boarded the flight.

Enjoy your cruise :)

I think they were commenting on the post suggesting they should ignore the rules and smoke anywhere, and not the Original Post.

Thank you! Exactly what I was trying to highlite

Smoke all you wish but please only in the designated places is what I said ,

I also said if you smoke in places that its not permitted and you get caught than I hope you are prepared for the consequences

I stand behind that statement.

Regards

John

Hi

You misunderstand what I wrote ..... I was commentating on the post that implied breaking the rules and hell to the safety of all those on board

Regards

John

Fun Police? What about the clowns that encourage people to break the rules that, regardless of what some people think, are there for everybody.

Hi Folks

Which is why I wrote what I did and stand behind it

People who think the rules dont apply to them are a danger to all on board including me :p

Regards

John :p

Hello Folks

Why am I so concerned regarding smoking ????

If your really interested you may like to read

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/547c6f34ed915d4c0d00001b/Celtic_Carrier.pdf

Regards

John

I totally understand your concern about smoking but this thread is NOT about smoking it is about electronic cigarettes (vaping) they are totally different discussions.

I totally understand your concern about smoking but this thread is NOT about smoking it is about electronic cigarettes (vaping) they are totally different discussions.

The thread did expand to "The rules are not for me I'll do as i choose"

The rules say that electronic cigarettes are subject to the same rules as normal cigarettes

Right or wrong my suggestion was that we stick to the rules that are set for our own safety

We do not have the right to set our own rules and if we break the rules we should expect to take the consequences if we get caught.

I'm not debating the wrongs or rights of electronic cigarettes , just the common sense of sticking to the rules :p

Regards

John

Hi Folks

Which is why I wrote what I did and stand behind it

People who think the rules dont apply to them are a danger to all on board including me :p

Regards

John :p

Can I just ask, out of curiosity, why are they a "danger" to you and all onboard? How would they harm you personally, not being argumentative in any way but just curious.. If the person next to you had a hot coffee with steam/vapour would that offend you?

How would you know if it has nicotine in it. I have e cigs without any nicotine what so ever in them, hence why I cant understand all the negativity from some people....The vapour is the same from a hot drink, the shower etc...

Anyway, best ban the patches as well, they have nicotine in them and could harm fellow passengers.. sheesh ...... Anyway, that's it from me. I am done, Have a good day, :)