Inside cabin, Koningsdam

hal lover

Hoping someone here can tell me how small are the J inside cabins on Main deck. Once on the Noordam, the inside was tiny. Once on the Eurodam, the inside was to my liking. Just wondering what an inside on the Koningsdam is going to be like. Thanks!

When I studied Koningsdam inside cabins looking for one that was suitable, I couldn't find one that would hold me and a scooter. That was the first ship where that had happened. So, I booked an accessible cabin for that cruise (since cancelled).

That may be the cabin with the largest sq. footage mentioned.

Since then I have studied the deck plans even more thoroughly, and have decided the next time I book on that ship, I will have to have a balcony cabin to get the amount of room I am used to in insides on the other ships.

I was also wondering if any of the insides have a sofa or real chair to sit on? I think the triple insides do have a sofa bed.

We had J 1060 on main deck. It was small...no sofa or table or chair. We asked our cabin steward for a chair and he brought us one. Had to use the dresser top as our table when ordering room service.

That would not prevent me from sailing her again...I loved her!

We were in an inside cabin, mid ship on the Gershwin deck. It was small, I called it a cave to our friends who were in a balcony on the 8th deck.

Quite honestly, it was fine for us as we don't spend much time in our cabin. No chair or couch and just enough room to manoeuvre around the bed. Lots of storage though.

I didn't think their cabin was that big either, especially when they paid $4000 more than we did. Not worth it in my opinion. We did the Baltic so very port intensive.

Many thanks to those of you who responded. Sounds like it going to be a small one! It is only me (DH passed away last year) so I am sure that it will be fine.

I bought a shoe storage for over the door. I have always used one of those but wanted a new one. Have bought lots of "little bottles" for personal use of lotions and such.

Am glad to hear that the storage is good. I usually hand over my luggage to the cabin steward and he stores it for the duration of the cruise. Hopefully, they will still do this!

Many thanks to those of you who responded. Sounds like it going to be a small one! It is only me (DH passed away last year) so I am sure that it will be fine.

I bought a shoe storage for over the door. I have always used one of those but wanted a new one. Have bought lots of "little bottles" for personal use of lotions and such.

Am glad to hear that the storage is good. I usually hand over my luggage to the cabin steward and he stores it for the duration of the cruise. Hopefully, they will still do this!

Sorry for your loss. Hopefully you are traveling with friends though I know many travel alone and make friends onboard (unfortunately I am not one of those people and am lucky I have friends that like to travel!)

Even with the small cabin our room steward managed to get both suitcases under the beds!

We just got off the Koningsdam in October in Rome and had an inside for 24 days and found it to be fine. The room is small (no couch or chair), but we used the vanity stool (which has storage in it by the way) when we needed to sit. There are enough drawers and the closets were adequate. The new large shower was terrific. On a port intensive cruise, we basically just slept in the cabin (we were able to get 3 suitcases under the beds). The cost difference wasn't worth an upgrade and we were able to put the savings toward the many excursions we took (5 through HAL, 8 through others).:)

To bad about the small cabins. HAL just won an award for best standard seize cabins on CC. We always book an inside cabin as we spend little time there other then to sleep & change. Our inside was bigger then some people who had an out side or balcony.

Allan