Just snagged FTTF!

GeorgiaMomof4

A positive thread - don't give up if you're trying to get Faster to the Fun.

I had been looking to purchase FTTF for months for our February 2017 sailing on the Magic. At first all it would show was that they were still working on excursions and then one day when I went back to check again - it was already sold out!

I was really frustrated because I had been checking regularly (or so I thought). That was in June I believe and I've still been checking though I admit not as regular since I really didn't think any would open up until around final payment time.

I just happened to be lurking around the Carnival site yesterday morning and decided to check again - and it wasn't showing sold out! I added it to my cart, checked out and received my confirmation. I immediately emailed my fellow travelers to have them check and by the time they checked it was sold out again.

I'm not sure if just 1 person had cancelled and that was the one I was lucky enough to get or what was going on but I'm happy I got it.

My friends are going to keep checking - hopefully some will open up later.

Don't give up - you could get lucky like I did!

Yay that's awesome! I had to check and check to get it for our April cruise but like you finally got lucky and yes I paid more than if I would have gotten it when it first came out. Didn't matter to me, I was just happy to get it. Glad you got it, hope the others waiting for it can snag one.

I had been looking to purchase FTTF for months for our February 2017 sailing on the Magic. At first all it would show was that they were still working on excursions and then one day when I went back to check again - it was already sold out!

I was really frustrated because I had been checking regularly (or so I thought). That was in June I believe and I've still been checking though I admit not as regular since I really didn't think any would open up until around final payment time.

I just happened to be lurking around the Carnival site yesterday morning and decided to check again - and it wasn't showing sold out! I added it to my cart, checked out and received my confirmation. I immediately emailed my fellow travelers to have them check and by the time they checked it was sold out again.

I'm not sure if just 1 person had cancelled and that was the one I was lucky enough to get or what was going on but I'm happy I got it.

Great! I tried to get it for my cruise on the Magic and could not. Since you are on the Magic and embarkation was anything like my cruise, it doesn't benefit there, since we were on 5 minutes after FTTF, but getting off the ship this will be a blessing.

When you purchased it was it a higher price than it was originally? That's what happened on my cruise. It became available again after being sold out but at a higher price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't really remember how much it was when it originally came out but I believe it was $69.95 when I purchased it. I know the first time we purchased it a couple years ago it was just $49.95. Seems like it just keeps going up and up.

I'm not sure I will even keep it. My husband has some mobility issues and it would be good to be able to go straight to our room and drop our carryon stuff off. However, with no tender ports on this cruise we don't get the benefit of that and we also have other couples traveling with us that haven't been able to purchase it and we always like to have our embarkation pictures made together as a souvenir. We will see I guess. They are still trying to purchase it.

When you purchased it was it a higher price than it was originally? That's what happened on my cruise. It became available again after being sold out but at a higher price.

Oh - I see you are from the Daytona area! We vacation there every year - at least once a year and sometimes more. It's our favorite place to visit in Florida. We have a timeshare in Ormond where we always stay - we will be staying there the night before our cruise in February.

I had been looking to purchase FTTF for months for our February 2017 sailing on the Magic.

Nice to know your patience did it.

Good for you!

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

February 18 starts Speedweek which finishes on the 26th with the Daytona 500.

Thank you. We will be down for our cruise from the 4 th til the 11th with a couple of days before and after. Just wondering about the traffic situation. Didn't know if I needed to pack some extra patience for the sweetie haha

Located in Port Orange.. hope you survived the storm.

Rode it out..

Got the FTTF it is worth it esp. it you have two tenders.

February in Daytona is a busy time. Lots going on. Spring break, races then Bike Week

Thank you for posting this. I have been trying to get FTTF for our April 2018 cruise on the Breeze but so far it has not come available. Maybe it won't be long now since you are cruising not too far ahead of us.

We mainly want it for being able to go to the cabin when we get onboard. It would be great to be able to drop off our luggage before we go eat. I hate my DH having to carry our carry ons all over the ship.

Hope you have a great cruise!

FTTF prices now vary according to the length of the sailing. It's a stretch to pay $69 for a 7 night and I think they have reached the max threshold given how long 8 additional tickets lasted on my sailing ( a week). Those would have been snapped up in minutes back at the $49 price. I think that those who are thinking the price went up from on same sailing must have been caught between the old "one size fits all $49" and the new pricing that goes by length of the sailing.