How/Where to Purchase WIFI Package on Magic

abisha

Just wondering where I go to purchase the wifi package. Do I do that on the ship? At guest services? Online? and howw do I access it? Not sure if anyone there to assist me to get started or if I have to download an APP before I leave?

Also, can I use it, log off, and let hubby log in to use it and vice versa? Neither one of us need to be connected the entire time. It's just to check email, send a quick text to check on family who are back home, etc.

We've found that the use of WHATSAPP has been great for free texting and calling when using WIFI. The APP is free to download. Both parties need to download it to use it. I just hope Carnival's WIFI works well.

I haven't used in on that particular ship, but have used it on the Dream and Fascination and it worked well. You should have instructions in your cabin and you can do it yourself. Yes, you can share it by using the same login credentials and one will have to logout before the other can log in.

Just wanted to chime in here because I had issues staying connected to Wi-Fi when we were on the Magic back in May. I went to Guest Services and they told me it was my Android but then my DH and several of our group members were having the same trouble. I've had good luck with it on the Breeze, the Paradise, and the Pride though so maybe it was just a fluke. I like to get the social media plan.

The Magic is a great ship. We met lots of nice people on her.

You do it from whatever device you are using to log on..and like was said above, you can switch devices. It will just connect you to the wifi and you choose the package you want. My daughter had a college paper do and got it for just one day on the Magic and it was fine and she stayed in the room the whole day to do her paper.

Good to know information.

Here's a question about the wifi: If you purchase a package, such as the social package, does that get you access to the messaging on the Carnival Hub, or do you also have to pay the $5 for that too?

just click on your wifi icon and you will see CCL, open a browser and price list comes up. The speed, even on the highest priced package was pathetic. My iPhone 3G was faster.

I guess wifi is a no no then for video? I was hoping to watch a game on NBC SPORTS whilst on the magic so is there any point in even trying?

I guess wifi is a no no then for video? I was hoping to watch a game on NBC SPORTS whilst on the magic so is there any point in even trying?

Streaming video is a no no and with the speeds they have not even an option anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You have to pay for the messaging on the Hub on top of the social package. If you have an iPhone though, the social package works with iMessage which was huge for us for our kids we left at home.

We use a free App for messaging and calls. It's called WhatsApp. People who travel abroad use it all the time. You and person on the other end both need to download it and both need a wifi connection. I used it successfully when my daughter went overseas. There are no charges to use the APP for both calls and messaging. If you have free wifi, all the better.

Edited by abisha