Mexican Riviera Cruise Pictures

"Wandering Wino's&quo

Just returned from a great cruise aboard Holland America's Ms. Oosterdam. We cruised with 4 other couples and were lucky enough to all have S Suite with adjoining veranda's. Hope you enjoy our pictures of this fun trip. Happy to answer any questions about our cruise.

www.wanderingwino.shutterfly.com password: Beach Bum (case sensitive). I think the best way to view the pic's is the Slide Show.

Great Pics!!! You guys look like you had a ball!! We're going next month on Celebrity Mercury & have reserved Randi's Happy Horses also. How did you like the ride? Looks like a tasty lunch at Victors.

Thanks again for the photos.

Great Pics!!! You guys look like you had a ball!! We're going next month on Celebrity Mercury & have reserved Randi's Happy Horses also. How did you like the ride? Looks like a tasty lunch at Victors.

Thanks again for the photos.

Randi and her horses were great. None of us were experienced riders and the horses knew that, so we all had a fun time. Riding on the beach was such a treat. And Victor's really topped the day off. Cold beer and wonderful food. Sitting right on the beach, now I think that's a little bit of heaven and this is from someone that lives at the beach. Say hello to Randi for us, she's a very nice lady and has some great stories to tell.

Going to do Randi's Happy Horses in April. Were their bathrooms

before and after the ride? Just wondering. Thanks!

There are bathroom in the public area where you first meet up with Randi. There are two pictures of that area in my collection. There is a bath room at Victor's, not great, but not too bad. My classy girl friends all used it and didn't complain. Hope that answers your questions.:p

Wow!!! It looks like you ALL had a great time, Could you tell me where you did the canopy ride and what was the cost?? .....I WANNA DO THAT!!

We booked the canopy rides thru Tours De Los Veranos, their email address is: info@canopytours-vallarta.com , there is a 10% discount for booking on line. They take cash or credit cards (5% credit card surchange). Our price using cash was $66.00 pp. While I didn't do the ride my husband and our friends are still raving about the people that ran this tour. I had read so many great reviews of this company on CC that is why I booked them. Have fun. :)

Shirley - first, thanks for sharing your wonderful pix! I can just see myself in them as we are also doing Randi's and Los Veranos. What time did you have to get off the ship to get to the Pemex station in time? I hear the Oosterdam tenders in PV and I am a little worried about getting off the ship in time to make the tour. Thanks!

Shirley - first, thanks for sharing your wonderful pix! I can just see myself in them as we are also doing Randi's and Los Veranos. What time did you have to get off the ship to get to the Pemex station in time? I hear the Oosterdam tenders in PV and I am a little worried about getting off the ship in time to make the tour. Thanks!

Our group that was going to do the Canopy Rides were prepared to get off the ship early that morning as we had been quoted a 20 minute taxie ride to the Premex station. We were lucky that day, seems that "Our Wonderful Captain Mercer" put the Oosterdam right in the bay, which reduced the tender time from 20 minutes to 3 minutes. It was great. Since I didn't go on the Canopy ride not sure what happened, but I did notice that when I got off the tender to go to the Kristal Hotel for a facial the Pemex station and the Hospital that was mentioned was right there. But do remember the time thing, with PV being one hour ahead of the ship's time. Wish I knew why the ship doesn't change the clocks, but I'm sure there is a good reason.

Did you have sunshine the whole trip?

I am looking at the Mexican Riviera and trying to decide between HA, Celebrity or Princess.:confused:

Thanks.

M

Yes, sunshine everyday after we left the waters of San Diego. I have sailed on Celebrity & Princess and of course HAL. Celebrity is a wonderful cruiseline probably very much like HAL. It's been a long time since I have been on Princess, but sadly I don't hear great things about them. We had a couple that were on the same horseback ride and the man said that the beds were so uncomfortable that he slept on the floor. Now I don't know these people and their problems maybe something that follows them around no matter what cruise line they are on, but if great beds are important to you, HAL has the best. So good that we bought the bed for our home. Hope this is helpful.

Oh, I loved the mattress on my first HAL cruise! I believe it was a Sealy European. Is that what you bought? Would you mind if I ask how much you paid for it?

Happy to share: The bed is a Sealy Posturepedic Mariner's Dream Bed. We order the bed set in King price $1,099 + $45.00 shipping (no sales tax) for the total of #1,144.00. We thought it was a very good price and the bed is wonderful.

Update on your question.

I spoke to my DH last night and he said that they did indeed take a taxi to a Pemex station that was 20 minutes away, it took them longer as there was a lot of traffic that day, other people were experiencing the same problem so the Los Veranos people waited for everyone. Hope this helps.

Happy to share: The bed is a Sealy Posturepedic Mariner's Dream Bed. We order the bed set in King price $1' date='099 + $45.00 shipping (no sales tax) for the total of #1,144.00. We thought it was a very good price and the bed is wonderful. [/size']

:p I know this is a little off subject, but since you asked about the Mariner's Dream Bed I thought I would also share some information about the bed frame we purchased. Since we were going from a queen size bed to a king I needed a new bed frame. I shopped several of the furniture stores here in Orange Country, not really finding anything that I was too excitied about, then I went online and went thru many pictures etc., until I found the site the The American Iron Bed Company located in Los Angeles. Their web address is www.americanironbeds.com . I have no connection to this company, but I can tell you dealing with them was like dealing with friends and I have the most beautiful and well made bed that will out last both me & my DH, and my children and probably my grandchildren. They have specials going on right now on some of their designs, my bed style the Lisbon #8005 went from over $1,000 to $743. (which I paid) to under $500. on special. I only wish I had room for another of these beds as I would buy it in a minute. Just a handy hint for anyone thinking about purchasing the Holland America Bed Set, as you will want a very good and sturdy frame for this set as it is very heavy and needs good surport.

What dish did you order at Victor's and how much was it? It looks like it could feed several people and looks wonderful.

Dawn, the dish is called "The Platter", includes the famous garlic shimp and also ribs plus lots of other good stuff. We had 6 of us eating off one platter and ended up sharing with another couple. Great and fun food.

Thank you very much for the info! Where did you order the bed from? Sealy? Or HAL? And am I to understand that the frame it comes with is not adequate?

You order the bed from Holland America at www.hollandamericashop.com , the bed frame does not come with the mattress and box springs, but is available for purchase (it's a metal Hollywood bed frame). When I didn't order the frame from HAL their representive mention to me that it was very important the what ever frame was used for the bed that it be very sturdy. Hope this helps.

Archived