Oasis Solarium Bistro

Do you recall what additional items had an upcharge? Or perhaps what entrée items had no upcharge.

I was just looking at my cruise planner and the only items that had an upcharge were the lobster ($15) and lamb ($10).

Are kids allowed in the solarium bistro? Do they have a kids menu?

I was just looking at my cruise planner and the only items that had an upcharge were the lobster ($15) and lamb ($10).

That's why I asked what other entrees had an upcharge. It seems chicken (roast and kebobs), shrimp, fish (mahi mahi and salmon) and steak are all on the no charge menu and as you indicated, only lobster and lamb had upcharges.

I sure hope kids are allowed in the Solarium Bistro because we plan on eating there 2 nights on our February Oasis cruise and they let me make reservations including my 11 year old son.

Yes kids are allowed. Our 3 & 5 year old ate there. They didn’t offer up a kids menu, just recommended that a lot of kids like the chicken kabobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I sure hope kids are allowed in the Solarium Bistro because we plan on eating there 2 nights on our February Oasis cruise and they let me make reservations including my 11 year old son.

I hope you'll post your impressions after. . . we are doing the same; our 11 year old is a very adventurous diner, loves fish, and finds kids menus insulting (:rolleyes:) so not anticipating trouble but will be interested to hear how you and yours feel about the place.

I hope you'll post your impressions after. . . we are doing the same; our 11 year old is a very adventurous diner, loves fish, and finds kids menus insulting (:rolleyes:) so not anticipating trouble but will be interested to hear how you and yours feel about the place.

Will report back after our cruise. I expect our son will have Caesar salad and chicken. But I don't see soup available (he likes his soup).

Is this a good location to book a supper that starts at departure time (Leaving Charlotte Amalie)? Will we see the ship leaving port while seated? Or should we make the reservation for later in the evening?

That's hard to say.

Solarium Bistro is at the front upper part of the ship. Depending on how the ship is docked (forward or backed in), you may or may not get some form of departure view. We did in one case, not so in another.

If you want the departure view...the best place is an upper deck.

That's hard to say.

Solarium Bistro is at the front upper part of the ship. Depending on how the ship is docked (forward or backed in), you may or may not get some form of departure view. We did in one case, not so in another.

If you want the departure view...the best place is an upper deck.

Ok thanks! We are MTD and on one night couldn't get the time we wanted so had to book supper right at departure time. In the least booking the Solarium Bistro increases our odds of seeing anything! But I might move our Solarium reservation an hour later so we can roam the upper decks or try and catch a peek from our end Boardwalk room.

We have eaten in the solarium for the last 3 nights because the service or the food in the main dinning room hasn’t been very good this cruise. It has been wonderful the menu is limited but they do go out of there way to please you. By far the best part of a very unimpressive cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm sorry to hear you are not impressed with your cruise. . . interested in more details about what you liked in the Solarium - as well as what went wrong in the dining room.

We have reservations for The Solarium Bistro next week and when we reserved our date and time there was no charge, so am assuming that will be the case when we arrive or shall I say when my credit card bill arrives after we are home.

I hope you enjoy it and please come back to the thread to give a meal report, if you don't mind! :)