Oasis Solarium Bistro

Does anyone have a dinner menu for Solarium Bistro for Oasis? The one that I see on RCCL website is dated Nov 2015 and looks like it had changed.

We ate there tonight. I did not take a picture of the menu, but will try when we return there on Thursday. On the menu were Mahi Mahi (excellent), Lamb Chops (good), NY strip steak (DS liked it, but he is 12, so any meat is great...LOL!), shrimp, chicken kebabs, and one other option I don't recall. Appetizers and desserts are served buffet style. We enjoyed the meal!

As mentioned, it was free, but reservations are highly recommended. They were fully booked tonight, and several people were turned away.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

We tried Solarium last fall. One thing I miss on the Oasis class ship... is the ability to have a quiet dinner being able to see the ocean. Most restaurants have no view and the dining room is so large ...if you have a view you are with a thousand other dinners. The Solarium is generally quiet with few other dinners and has a nice view of the ocean. I love to go there for dinner around sunset. Particularly nice when you are sailing out of a port around sunset. Honestly I can not even remember the menu... I am not a foodie... any meal I don't have to make is already a step up. I think because it is away from the other dining venues... no one thinks of it as an option.

• 3 weeks later...
We tried Solarium last fall. One thing I miss on the Oasis class ship... is the ability to have a quiet dinner being able to see the ocean. Most restaurants have no view and the dining room is so large ...if you have a view you are with a thousand other dinners. The Solarium is generally quiet with few other dinners and has a nice view of the ocean. I love to go there for dinner around sunset. Particularly nice when you are sailing out of a port around sunset. Honestly I can not even remember the menu... I am not a foodie... any meal I don't have to make is already a step up. I think because it is away from the other dining venues... no one thinks of it as an option.

I appreciate this perspective. We are looking at this for our two formal nights as an alternative to the main dining room as it is stated to be smart casual and we really don't care to get fancy on vacation. The menu looks fine but we are not snooty eaters. The list of appetizer and salad items in the self service area is more than ample for a full meal with entrees taking it over the top. One poster on another thread was horrified that you also have a view of people swimming in the adjacent solarium pool! She was a suites guest as evidenced by reference to other meals at Coastal Kitchen. Hopefully she won't be on our sailing as our blue collar appearance would no doubt ruin her entire vacation. :):)

We have eaten in the solarium for the last 3 nights because the service or the food in the main dinning room hasn’t been very good this cruise. It has been wonderful the menu is limited but they do go out of there way to please you. By far the best part of a very unimpressive cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I appreciate this perspective. We are looking at this for our two formal nights as an alternative to the main dining room as it is stated to be smart casual and we really don't care to get fancy on vacation. The menu looks fine but we are not snooty eaters. The list of appetizer and salad items in the self service area is more than ample for a full meal with entrees taking it over the top. One poster on another thread was horrified that you also have a view of people swimming in the adjacent solarium pool! She was a suites guest as evidenced by reference to other meals at Coastal Kitchen. Hopefully she won't be on our sailing as our blue collar appearance would no doubt ruin her entire vacation. :):)

Yes, we are not that picky either.... any meal I do not have to prepare is already great! To be honest, I do not recall seeing anyone in the pool. We were eating around sunset, not ideal pool time... too busy enjoying a view of outside the ship.... something that is missing from public areas of Oasis class ships. While I love the ship overall... I find a ship like the Radiance class... has much better ocean views from the specialty restaurants

We have reservations for The Solarium Bistro next week and when we reserved our date and time there was no charge, so am assuming that will be the case when we arrive or shall I say when my credit card bill arrives after we are home.

There is no charge unless you choose one of the two extra cost entrees.

I have no problems with viewing people swimming, but watching a middle age woman nursing on her overweight boyfriend was a bit of a shock

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We were told it was no charge for MTD guests. The base charge, not the lamb and lobster

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Hmm, that is interesting. We did choose MTD, and I did see the upcharge for lamb and lobster, but really the other entrees look fine, and the salad/appetizer bar looks divine. So early and late seating would pay the $20 cover plus the upcharge?

Hmm, that is interesting. We did choose MTD, and I did see the upcharge for lamb and lobster, but really the other entrees look fine, and the salad/appetizer bar looks divine. So early and late seating would pay the $20 cover plus the upcharge?

No cover.

To my knowledge, the Solarium Bistro is now free for dinner on Oasis, except for a couple of extra cost entrees on the menu.

This was our experience a couple weeks ago on our cruise. There were 5 or 6 choices that were not included and were charged a la carte and the rest was $0.

This was our experience a couple weeks ago on our cruise. There were 5 or 6 choices that were not included and were charged a la carte and the rest was $0.

That's certainly more upcharge items than we had back in June. For us, the only upcharge items were lobster and lamb.

Regardless of how many entrees are extra charges, it won't impact us. We have a strict "no upcharge" policy for cruise food. Not because we are actually that cheap or poor, but rather because there is so much incredible included food that we can't even get through it all, so why bother buying even more food?

Do you recall what additional items had an upcharge? Or perhaps what entrée items had no upcharge.

Do you recall what additional items had an upcharge? Or perhaps what entrée items had no upcharge.

No upcharge included salmon, chicken kebabs, mahi mahi, roasted chicken, shrimp. The menu is out there if you look. My wife tried to order shrimp but our waiter said that's such small portions he would bring that out for all to share, what else did she want. She ended up with the Mahi Mahi, and I see why he said that, but we were getting so full, I'm not sure we needed the shrimp plate too!