Triumph Embarkation question - NOLA

A&Jfamily

We will be on the Triumph in December 2017. Does CCL allow you to drop your bags early - say 9 am - and walk to the WWII museum? It looks to be only a few blocks away and a good way to spend the morning. We would of course keep our carry on with us.

Someone may chime in with actual experience, but I think it's highly doubtful. There's very limited curb space at Carnival's cruise terminal in New Orleans, and at 9:00 am that area will be inundated with people getting off the previous cruise and the porters will be busy working their luggage. I just can't see them allowing someone to interrupt the flow of bags and passengers off the ship to check bags that they have no room or time to store that early.

If you're staying in/near the French Quarter/CBD/Riverwallk area, I think leaving your bags at the hotel (even if you have to check them with a bellman) and then returning to get them and check in for you cruise would be a more realistic option.

At New Orleans right now. Yes, you can give your luggage to the porters and go explore the city. Actually, they encourage it instead of sitting in the terminal. It doesn't matter when you check in time is to turn your luggage over. I also saw a booth where You could leave your carry on for a fee while you explored. I dropped mine off at 9 :30 am. You do need to find a porter or go to near the entrance to drop off luggage because the porters are all busy with departing guests.

Edited by Elaine5715

At New Orleans right now. Yes, you can give your luggage to the porters and go explore the city. Actually, they encourage it instead of sitting in the terminal. It doesn't matter when you check in time is to turn your luggage over. I also saw a booth where You could leave your carry on for a fee while you explored. I dropped mine off at 9 :30 am. You do need to find a porter or go to near the entrance to drop off luggage because the porters are all busy with departing guests.

Thanks. I am Platinum now, so the boarding time isn't an issue and I think this will be our plan!

We were faster to the fun and left our bags with the guys at the curb around 8:30. We were anxious cruisers! Everyone kept saying how early we were. After we dropped the bags off we drove to the parking garage to park.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

If you are interested in seeing the WWII museum and are in NOLA you should not miss it. The porters will take your bags and you can hit the museum after that. The traffic will be crazy at the port but its worth the hassle to spend time there. Think the museum opens at 9am.

Check for discounts online. They are available if you look.

Edited by fatboydave666

• 2 weeks later...
We will be on the Triumph in December 2017. Does CCL allow you to drop your bags early - say 9 am - and walk to the WWII museum? It looks to be only a few blocks away and a good way to spend the morning. We would of course keep our carry on with us.

I know if you are parking in Carnival's garage at the port, it should be no problem. They take your bags, you park and go exploring! Have fun!!!

We took DW's father to the museum. He was a Normandy Invasion veteran. We spent two days there. Going there the day of your cruise will give you a sample of the museum. We plan on going back there when we have a day to visit it so we can see what is added.

Enjoy your time there.