What's the next sale/pricing?

jayoldschool

I did a mock booking for next fall using the new promo. This time we are considering taking the 2 young 'uns. Amazingly, when I go from 2 to 4 people in an inside cabin the price per person goes UP 100 dollars!! Maybe Celebrity really doesn't like children - lol!

Just kidding, don't flame me :D

I did a mock booking for next fall using the new promo. This time we are considering taking the 2 young 'uns. Amazingly, when I go from 2 to 4 people in an inside cabin the price per person goes UP 100 dollars!! Maybe Celebrity really doesn't like children - lol!

Sometimes it's cheaper to just book an extra cabin than pay the 3rd and 4th rates. Not saying this is the case in your situation, but it's always worth checking.

Yup - this is true for us at the moment as well. In our case it is because #1 and #2 each get $300 off but #3 and #4 don't.

Glad I re-priced last week, but will continue watching.

Mike

I will say one thing for Celebrity, they test my computational skills more than any math teacher that I ever came across. So here it is. Before the 2 by the sea promotion I booked a cat 6 ocean view for Bermuda at the cost of a Cat 7 $969 (captain club upgrade). At the time of the booking they were offering 2 perks. I chose the drink package and $300 OBC. Now the price of the Cat 7 is $829. The savings would be $140 pp if I repriced the cruise. However I would lose one of the perks. If I keep it as is I come out $20 ahead of the game and I do mean game. So in my opinion this is a real sale as opposed to the by one get one 1/2 off. That was just a cheap parlor trick and not an actual sale. I'm sure that this varies from itinerary to itinerary so I would check if you booked anything under the last promotion. On my sailing a veranda and Concierge are priced the same at $1139 and Aqua is priced at $1249. I guess nothing sold during the 2 by the sea scam.

We have three sky suites booked for an Alaska cruise in September 2017 that we booked before the Two by Sea promo (price under that promo was the same as what we paid). Thanks to this thread I checked the prices and two cabins dropped by $300 and one by $400 with the same perks ($1,000 savings!). Just got off the phone with my TA....he was seeing $300 each ($900 savings) so he is calling Celebrity. Either way I'm happy. Thank you again to CC!