Are we sailing too close to Drydock on Dream?

nealstuber

So we just booked the Dream out of Nola for New Years next month.

Was a little more than half the price of Breeze which would have been a much shorter drive for us, and Breeze had no coves left and Liberty out of Galveston was the same price for 5 vs 8 on Dream (RCCL's Liberty was beyond crazy in price for New Years).

So, now that we're committed, I find myself wondering if there's a reason Dream was so much cheaper than the alternatives and the pending drydock was said reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Seems like you got a good deal.

Very happy with the price' date=' just concerned that the Dry Dock is a month later. Usually work starts a just a couple weeks before dry dock, not a month, but the Dream prices for the entire holiday season are so much better than the Breeze, I'm thinking there has to be a reason there are so many unsold cabins on Dream at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We'll be on it November 27. I rather like the idea that it's right before dry dock. Maybe they won't be doing a lot of maintenance work. Last cruise we had a suite and on one port day they "sealed" our balcony. It didn't dry for 2 1/2 days! I guess we could have used it anyway. The note said it would be dry by the next morning. Not! If we had gone out there we'd have tracked polyurethane in on the carpet. Have fun! We've cruised lots of holidays but not New Year's. I think I'll put that on my list. Bet it's a blast!

• 3 weeks later...