Dining room: posh or chic?

They will assign you to one of the dining rooms. One will be strictly traditional fixed seating and the other will have traditional on one level and My Time on the other. My experience is that My Time is usually in the midship MDR. EM

I see on the carnival freedom there are 2 dining rooms. What's the difference? Can I pick where to eat? I assume the same food is served in each...posh is closer to our stateroom, but chic is not that far. Does anyone have any information for me about them? Thank you :D

Yes, the menu will be the same at both dining rooms. The décor will be different in the two dining rooms. The name of the dining room you're assigned to will be on your Sign & Sail card. If you go to Google and type "Carnival Freedom images" in the search bar, you'll find lots of photos of different parts of the ship. Also, go to Youtube and do a search for Carnival freedom videos. ;)

I see on the carnival freedom there are 2 dining rooms. What's the difference? Can I pick where to eat? I assume the same food is served in each...posh is closer to our stateroom, but chic is not that far. Does anyone have any information for me about them? Thank you :D

Welcome to CruiseCritic.

For more information about Carnival ships, here is the link to the Carnival sub-forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

If you look at the full list of sub-forums, you'll see that there's quite a lot to "browse" though.

Enjoy!

Chic, the mid dining room level 3 is your time dining. So, if you have early or late dining you would be either be seated in Posh or in Chic upper level. They look different but serve the same menu. Posh is on the aft, which in heavy seas can cause issues for some folks. I have only done YTD on the Freedom, so have always been in Chic deck 3.