Just off Carnival Conquest b2b. Any questions?

Doggielover68

I'd like to hear more about the Conquest, as that is the next Carnival ship I am looking at, going to the 8 day itinerary you went on. I'd love to do a b2b, though!! In recent years, I've only been booking on newer ships, on RCCL and NCL, and haven't cruised Carnival in several years, so I'm a little nervous about cruising an older Carnival ship. Would live to hear more about it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Conquest is our favorite ship. As you can see in my signature we have sailed her 4 times. We find that she has the best crew and is great shape for her age.

There are some signs of wear, but nothing that would make us not sail on her again and again!

Happy Sailing!

Conquest is our favorite ship. As you can see in my signature we have sailed her 4 times. We find that she has the best crew and is great shape for her age.

There are some signs of wear, but nothing that would make us not sail on her again and again!

Happy Sailing!

Agreed, there were minor signs of age, like our bathroom door was a little difficult to close....nothing to prevent me from sailing again :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

14 days on the Conquest.. ahhh.. a dream come true for me. :)

I'd love to hear all about it. ;)

There's something about longer cruises that makes it extra special. After being on the ship for a while, you get to know the staff pretty well and they always say hi to us all over the the ship. My tummy can only handle so many Guy's Burgers though, so it was time to come home :'(

I had anytime dining, we always go to dinner at 5:45 with the exception of the late day in Curacao, when we went to the beach for a few hours, went back to the ship to change and eat dinner, then went back out to walk around the downtown area for a bit

How long was your average wait for a table? We are a party of 5 with anytime.

Interested to hear this, also, as I will want to try ATD on my Next Carnival cruise. I am booked on NCL Getaway for January, and it will be my first dealing with Freestyle Cruising. I have always had set dinner times, but I like the freedom of going whenever I want. Looking forward to your response.

Great info Doggielover, we're doing a B2B on the conquest in February with a slightly different itinerary for the 6 day leg: Jamica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel.

We're excited because except for Grand Cayman and Cozumel these are new ports for us.

Am I correct in reading that the fish and Chips has been replaced with a BBQ place?

We've been on a couple of other Conquest class ships (Valor and Glory) and are looking forward to the Conquest.

When we went at 5:45 we didn't have to wait at all. When we left dinner around 7, there was a bit of a line but nothing too crazy. It seemed to fill up around 6:30 or so

Great info Doggielover, we're doing a B2B on the conquest in February with a slightly different itinerary for the 6 day leg: Jamica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel.

We're excited because except for Grand Cayman and Cozumel these are new ports for us.

Am I correct in reading that the fish and Chips has been replaced with a BBQ place?

We've been on a couple of other Conquest class ships (Valor and Glory) and are looking forward to the Conquest.

Yes, fish and chips has been replaced by a bbq place which is pretty popular. They now have a "seafood corner" by the aft pool which has fish and chips, and many other seafood items available for purchase. They did have fish and chips once or twice on the Lido Buffet (for free)

Did you bring home your fun times ? Could you post the restaurants section of the fun times ?

What is the name of the new BBQ place ? What hours is it open on port days and on seadays ? What are the hours of the Seafood Corner on port days and on seadays ?

Thanks !!

What did you do before your cruise to make sure the b2b went good?

Did you contact Carnival before your cruise of just during the first leg?

Thanks in advance

I called Carnival ahead of time to make sure they were "linked"

Did you bring home your fun times ? Could you post the restaurants section of the fun times ?

What is the name of the new BBQ place ? What hours is it open on port days and on seadays ? What are the hours of the Seafood Corner on port days and on seadays ?

Thanks !!

2ce8905228967b9d0684623f6e016ba4.jpg

On the left is the sea day, the right side is a port day

What is the name of the new BBQ place ? What hours is it open on port days and on seadays ?

Thanks !!

It's officially called "Ol' Fashioned BBQ" and it's open just for lunch...basically from noon until 2:30 or 3:30...although I don't remember it being open until 3:30 on our cruise back in October. 3:30 is a lot better than 2:30. :)

Wondering what time the muster time is. Looking for a good time for a meet and greet. We sail at 4:00.

Your muster drill should happen right before sailing, although it can sometimes run into sailaway. :o

Just plan your M&G for "immediately following Muster Drill." That way there's no time confusion, although if your ship is delayed sailing -- it can happen, often due to people who booked flights through Carnival running late -- people with 6 pm dinner seating might need to slip away early to get ready.

Thank you!

Your muster drill should happen right before sailing, although it can sometimes run into sailaway. :o

Just plan your M&G for "immediately following Muster Drill." That way there's no time confusion, although if your ship is delayed sailing -- it can happen, often due to people who booked flights through Carnival running late -- people with 6 pm dinner seating might need to slip away early to get ready.

Wondering what time the muster time is. Looking for a good time for a meet and greet. We sail at 4:00.

Our sail away time was 5pm and they began making the announcements for the muster drill around 4:15 or so. We ended up sailing a little bit late just because there were other ships leaving at the same time, so we had to wait for them.

On the left is the sea day, the right side is a port day

Thank you so much !!!!!

It's officially called "Ol' Fashioned BBQ" and it's open just for lunch...basically from noon until 2:30 or 3:30...although I don't remember it being open until 3:30 on our cruise back in October. 3:30 is a lot better than 2:30. :)

Thank you !!!!!!

Edited by angela12345

• 3 weeks later...
Getting ready to do our first and 2nd cruise as a b2b on the Carnival Triumph. Anything we should know to do to make the process painless?

Just make sure the cruises are linked either over the phone or at check in. They will give you instructions for the rest. Very easy :)