LIVE - 11/19/16 - Harmony of the Seas - Western

csfedyshyn

Sad to think that day 1 is already over.

After not getting to our hotel until 2am Saturday I am surprised I'm still awake. DH is walking around with his friend somewhere onboard and the kids and grandparents are fast asleep.

Day 1 is always hectic and even more so when people are relying on you for answers. We selected the 10:30-11:30 boarding time, arrived just about 10:30 and it was close to 12 before we were onboard. Rooms were ready by 1 and our soda cups were in our rooms along with our pre-purchased internet.

The wifi was slow at first but I think it's because I hadn't turned off my cellular service yet. Once we set sail and airplane mode was on I have had no issues. We are even able to FaceTime (video and audio) with our family who is also onboard.

We decided to do virtual balconies. We usually get balcony rooms and thought why not give this a try. I can't say I love or hate it just yet but I am missing my balcony. More as the week goes on about the virtual balcony review.

Love our cabin steward, Jayson. The kids room which is a connecting room wasn't separated as requested and the door that connected them was locked. Jayson took care of everything. He also converted our NONPULLOUT sofa into a small child sized bed. It's firm and I wouldn't suggest sleeping on it but in case my DD decides she wants to be in the same room with us she has the option. I was surprised that the virtual balcony rooms didn't have a pull out sofa.

I do like the layout better on harmony versus oasis and allure. I just finished unpacking and putting everything away and feel I have more space. Here are some pictures of our room.

If you any any questions I will do my best to answer. Night everyone!

f08300a3591f63a66507d748cfdeed7f.jpga5b06ca0a8c423475f50ec8ca3b47ce0.jpg0e6579e6656fa95191b5c28fbb151739.jpg6bb7e8336f4c7e3c2798e67c0cd941f9.jpgafafa44398763d32941c2f2c98aa21d1.jpgcfe4f6bdcb1bac69631aeeea73b49f45.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for sharing. Curious what the post its are for. I had a balcony on Oasis and I don't recall the sofa being a pullout. We had to put two kids in our room at the end of the week bc child #3 got Noro. It was super cramped but we were happy we at least had a room to put them in as my oldest was in isolation across the hall. Feel free to share any excursions you take. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for sharing. Curious what the post its are for. I had a balcony on Oasis and I don't recall the sofa being a pullout. We had to put two kids in our room at the end of the week bc child #3 got Noro. It was super cramped but we were happy we at least had a room to put them in as my oldest was in isolation across the hall. Feel free to share any excursions you take. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Post it's are temporary since I'm the only one who knows where stuff is ;) my husband always complains I hide stuff.

Our balcony on oasis and allure had a pull out.

Sad to think that day 1 is already over.

After not getting to our hotel until 2am Saturday I am surprised I'm still awake. DH is walking around with his friend somewhere onboard and the kids and grandparents are fast asleep.

Day 1 is always hectic and even more so when people are relying on you for answers. We selected the 10:30-11:30 boarding time, arrived just about 10:30 and it was close to 12 before we were onboard. Rooms were ready by 1 and our soda cups were in our rooms along with our pre-purchased internet.

The wifi was slow at first but I think it's because I hadn't turned off my cellular service yet. Once we set sail and airplane mode was on I have had no issues. We are even able to FaceTime (video and audio) with our family who is also onboard.

We decided to do virtual balconies. We usually get balcony rooms and thought why not give this a try. I can't say I love or hate it just yet but I am missing my balcony. More as the week goes on about the virtual balcony review.

Love our cabin steward, Jayson. The kids room which is a connecting room wasn't separated as requested and the door that connected them was locked. Jayson took care of everything. He also converted our NONPULLOUT sofa into a small child sized bed. It's firm and I wouldn't suggest sleeping on it but in case my DD decides she wants to be in the same room with us she has the option. I was surprised that the virtual balcony rooms didn't have a pull out sofa.

I do like the layout better on harmony versus oasis and allure. I just finished unpacking and putting everything away and feel I have more space. Here are some pictures of our room.

If you any any questions I will do my best to answer. Night everyone!

f08300a3591f63a66507d748cfdeed7f.jpga5b06ca0a8c423475f50ec8ca3b47ce0.jpg0e6579e6656fa95191b5c28fbb151739.jpg6bb7e8336f4c7e3c2798e67c0cd941f9.jpgafafa44398763d32941c2f2c98aa21d1.jpgcfe4f6bdcb1bac69631aeeea73b49f45.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience...you've already posted very useful information...We noticed the brown boxes in the bathroom and in the main cabin..did they come with the room or did you bring them...if you did bring them, do you mind telling us where you got them and what they're called? That looks like a great way to organize your stuff. Thanks again.

~bobby & camilla

Hi everyone. This is my first LIVE cruise post. I will do my best to post daily cruise compasses and menus. Since I am traveling with my kids, I will also post the kids adventure ocean compasses as well.

I will do my best to answer any questions as well.

Here's to a great thanksgiving cruise on HOTS!

We are currently sitting in our waiting area and ready to board!

Thanks so much, following, really appreciate the Daily Compass pic, any of the wine lists from MDR/Vintages/Champagne Bar and any thing else you would like to post. Going 4 times next year on HOTS, can hardly wait, kids are super excited.

Thinking I will also scan everything when I return home for better quality images.

I would so appreciate a scanned copy when you get back. Thanks so much for taking time to share all this info. Enjoy your trip, it always goes by so fast! my email is suyrn89 at yahoo dot com

Let me know how you like the virtual balcony. We just got off the Inaugural HOTS cruise and had a balcony which we loved! :D

Glad you have a good Cabin attendant. Ours on deck 8 starboard aft was virtually invisible (virtual cabin attendant? LOL) but fortunately without kids, we didn't have a need for him too much.

Since you've been on many cruises, can you comment on how SMOOTH this ship rides? This is our first cruise on this class of ship and it was amazing how smooth it was. When we left ports in the evening, we weren't even sure we were moving yet. We almost never felt any motion of the ship ( a few vibrations, which Captain Johnny explained is from a wave hitting the ship).

Also, we have never slept so well in our lives! Whether it was the subtle motion of the ship (yes, we could hear the hangers clanging in the closet at times) or sleeping with the balcony door open slightly, our sleep was so restful.

Enjoy the cruise...and your kids have to try the Abyss. My 5 year old granddaughter went on it on the last day and its a good thing, because she would have been there constantly for the whole cruise if she tried it earlier in the week. She loved it!

Brian