LIVE - 11/19/16 - Harmony of the Seas - Western

csfedyshyn

I would so appreciate a scanned copy when you get back. Thanks so much for taking time to share all this info. Enjoy your trip, it always goes by so fast! my email is suyrn89 at yahoo dot com

Got it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Royal does not provide the shoe racks and many do bring these themselves. There are 2 USB ports by the plugs at the desk.

Yes, we purchased our shoe rack and I also purchased an additional USB plug that has 4 USB plugs and brought an extension cord.

Love your review so far.

Waiting for more.

So.............what are all those post it notes for on the dresser?

Thanks again.

Safe travels.

It was temporary since I unpacked while everyone was out of the room. My husband and kids didn't know where their clothes were.

Let me know how you like the virtual balcony. We just got off the Inaugural HOTS cruise and had a balcony which we loved! :D

Glad you have a good Cabin attendant. Ours on deck 8 starboard aft was virtually invisible (virtual cabin attendant? LOL) but fortunately without kids, we didn't have a need for him too much.

Since you've been on many cruises, can you comment on how SMOOTH this ship rides? This is our first cruise on this class of ship and it was amazing how smooth it was. When we left ports in the evening, we weren't even sure we were moving yet. We almost never felt any motion of the ship ( a few vibrations, which Captain Johnny explained is from a wave hitting the ship).

Also, we have never slept so well in our lives! Whether it was the subtle motion of the ship (yes, we could hear the hangers clanging in the closet at times) or sleeping with the balcony door open slightly, our sleep was so restful.

Enjoy the cruise...and your kids have to try the Abyss. My 5 year old granddaughter went on it on the last day and its a good thing, because she would have been there constantly for the whole cruise if she tried it earlier in the week. She loved it!

Brian

As for he smoothness of the ship, all of the oasis class have always been smooth. The only time it wasn't was last year when the man fell overboard and they searched all night for him so we had to speed it up to make it back to for my Lauderdale the next day. Even then it wasn't as rocking as most smaller ships I have sailed.

The virtual balcony so far is fine for us since we are with the kids. When we have the balcony with the kids I worry. If it was just DH and I then I would want a balcony to sit and have coffee in the morning. Otherwise we like it. The light from the outside "fake balcony" woke us this morning. :) We have to know when it's day and night.

Abyss accomplished...lots and outs if times.

Enjoying your review, as I am enjoying the cruise. I am sorry that we did not get a change to meet you at the M & M and gift exchange this morning. Maybe we will bump into each other later the in the cruise. This is The Sea Calls My Name. I hijacked my husbands computer.

Edited by cruisinghawg

Following along makes me feel right there with you enjoying warm temps while we here in Ohio look out windows to SNOW. Couple questions...are there hot tubs in the serenity area? Heard no pool there. 2nd can you check with bartender service and find out if the now have MINT stocked on the ship as I MUST have my mojitos and last I heard they weren't making as had no mint.

Post it's are temporary since I'm the only one who knows where stuff is ;) my husband always complains I hide stuff.

Our balcony on oasis and allure had a pull out.

Hilarious. I love it. This must be why everyone is turning to you for all their questions in the group. Master Planner!!:p

73a01b37f14894291fd692a3c7254766.jpg179de41b1893808578d5b702bb12468d.jpg

bf0622a744abb9e4465c3b532050e70f.jpg

Arcade is $1.00 to $1.50 a game. Can use WOW bands.

Watch the kids at the arcade. Someone on our cruise had their child rack up a $42 bill in just over an hour. That mom was not happy. It only happened once.

Watch the kids at the arcade. Someone on our cruise had their child rack up a $42 bill in just over an hour. That mom was not happy. It only happened once.

But easy to do especially when your 5 year old granddaughter insists on you winning her a prize with the claw game! I paid my price too! Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Following along makes me feel right there with you enjoying warm temps while we here in Ohio look out windows to SNOW. Couple questions...are there hot tubs in the serenity area? Heard no pool there. 2nd can you check with bartender service and find out if the now have MINT stocked on the ship as I MUST have my mojitos and last I heard they weren't making as had no mint.

I will have my DH find out. He loves mojitos. I know they are out of avocados until today.

No charge account for the kids ;) I control the games bahahhahaha

It does go quickly and I have not looked at the damage yet but I have a good idea.

Day 3!!! Labadee.

bd805f744702cf0295dfbe4a61cc7ef9.jpg

aca1bcac57de6a009f49c4f2212ceaf6.jpg4db60aaa74b7081e2eb15017ba2644cd.jpg00614ddc9b4c28918053705a35b93725.jpg74784ec63e2da75b2feb36869083a868.jpg8aca1e8e1bcc192f09a7450e5bdfbdbc.jpg

For some reason my photos are clear when I take hem but then don't upload as clear. Like I said once I return home I will scan them in and post them for better quality.

Today we are in Labadee. No big plans, except relaxing as much as you can with a 6 and 7 year old. Planning to head to Columbus Cove.

I will post more in depth reviews post cruise but I will say I have not been impressed with the MTD. It's craziness there. Tonight we have Grease scheduled. I may pass on the MDR and let my parents just go. All of the specialty restaurants are booked but we did manage to snag Chops later this week. Usually we can make dinner plans throughout the week at the specialty restaurants. I guess because this cruise is sold out and everyone wants to go as well.

Wondering if everyone is sleeping comfortably on Harmony this week...

Mixed reports:

Comfy mattresses

Firm mattresses

Mattress toppers available

There have been countless threads and posts on this topic...just looking for a few people onboard to say:

1) Sleeping fine

OR

2) Not sleeping well

Thanks.