Cruising in late March question!

Vigorosity

My mom's birthday is in mid-April...but she only has the last week of March and first of April off. We were looking at a short cruise that leaves on March 30th and gets back April 3rd.

Would there be more college kids or younger kids on the boat? Has anyone ever cruised this week? Was it too crowded?

I think it depends on which port you sail from. There will be a lot more of both types of kids but the ships are large enough so that if you aren't a real strict prude, it doesn't really matter what others are doing.

I think it depends on which port you sail from. There will be a lot more of both types of kids but the ships are large enough so that if you aren't a real strict prude, it doesn't really matter what others are doing.

That's true! I'm probably just worrying too much, but I want it to be perfect for my mom. I usually cruise off season only and there are never too many children and it's never crowded. But my mom hasn't been on a real vacation in years and years!

I think you would mostly be just after the College spring breakers, and just before the public schools breaking spring break (Easter). There may be a bit of latent college breakers and early public school breakers, but I think you will be in a valley of those type of bookings.

My mom's birthday is in mid-April...but she only has the last week of March and first of April off. We were looking at a short cruise that leaves on March 30th and gets back April 3rd.

Would there be more college kids or younger kids on the boat? Has anyone ever cruised this week? Was it too crowded?

Lots of both and many drunks.

I was thinking about cruising in March but I was told do not do it with carnival to do it with other cruise line.

I'm not sure why you were told not to cruise Carnival during March. The four Carnival cruises my family and I have been on have all been in March. Each of the cruises were at least 7 days-- and none of the cruises were full of drunks! There were lots of kids, but they don't bother me, as I am an elementary education teacher. My next cruise got moved up from March to a Christmas Cruise--super excited, but I anticipate the same thing--just people having a good time. Just my opinion, but I think you'd be fine on a 7day cruise during March.

My mom's birthday is April 7th. I wanted to take her on a cruise for her birthday but because of prices and more crowds at the pools due to spring break at that time, I booked the cruise towards the end of the month. My mom love to be in the water so I had to book close to her birthday when it will be less crowded.

My mom's birthday is April 7th. I wanted to take her on a cruise for her birthday but because of prices and more crowds at the pools due to spring break at that time, I booked the cruise towards the end of the month. My mom love to be in the water so I had to book close to her birthday when it will be less crowded.

Agree with what you did. Not everyone celebrates their birthday on the day itself. Some celebrate it with relatives and friends on a weekend. So let her celebrate when she will enjoy it.

Those are the 2 weeks our public schools here in Indiana have spring break. We cruised this past March out of Texas and there were a lot of kids. If you do not want a bunch of kids on your ship do not cruise at that time - been there - done that!

I cruised from San Juan in late March. I noticed no more kids on that sailing as opposed to my other sailings. But then again airfare to PR can get expensive. But with that being said, I would definitely suggest avoiding any drive-to ports, like Galveston, New Orleans, Mobile, Jacksonville, Charleston and Baltimore, as most of those will be full of college kids. But my recommendation is either Carnival from San Juan, or an upscale cruise line!