Freeport beaches, find ourselves or excursion???

TiggerLuv2Cruise

Carnival's has a Beach Break excursion that is good but it is priced on the high side. It is a short time at the beach.

You can take a cab on your own for about $14 round trip to Taino Beach and enter one of the Resorts there for $3 each. I have read up on this and I plan to do this when I am in Freeport. You can stay longer if you do this on your own.

Take a look at the port reviews on this website for more information.

Enjoy it.

Rethink the beach options as Mathew demolished most of the beach fronts. Only walking room at Lucaya. Panhandlers will harass you to death . Between the beach and damaged homes you just don't have enough space to get away from them.

We are a group of 9, so prices for excursions can really add up. Is it possible to find a nice beach on our own? or is using one of Carnival's excursion the only way to go?

Not sure if you are going soon or not, but as another poster has mentioned, Freeport suffered extensive damage from Hurricane Matthew in October. They are slowly getting back to normal, and I'm not sure how things stand at the moment.

Last time I was there, I took a taxi to Taino Beach Resort & Clubs. Had a great time, and would highly recommend going there (if it's open when you go, that is). I know they have been closed since the hurricane, and not sure if they are open yet or not. But I'd definitely suggest checking them out. They also have a facebook page, so look for that. Here's their website: http://tainobeach.com/

Take a cab to Taino Beach... Tony Macaroni's conch experience is great food and fun (google it). His place survived the hurricane with some damage but he is open and operating... It is next to Junkanoo beach club (where the ship excursions go) but the beach is free. Tony makes great grilled conch and he gives demonstrations on how to open a shell and get the conch out... and you get a free shell! Lots of fun and affordable!

Just back from cruise was in Freeport last week on Pride. We took a taxi from the ship ($5 pp) they will give you a ticket for your return trip (so a total of $20 for two people) to the Lucaya marketplace and back. From there, just a short walk to access a nice beach ( we walked up to the lighthouse and entered through the Grand Lucaya...I think...resort area ...no problem at all. Once on the beach you can walk as far as you want. Only a couple of the resorts were open (still recovering from the hurricane) we talked to one of the security guards and he said that some resorts would open in December and some maybe not until Jan or Feb of 2017 due to waiting on insurance settlements.

Just back from cruise was in Freeport last week on Pride. We took a taxi from the ship ($5 pp) they will give you a ticket for your return trip (so a total of $20 for two people) to the Lucaya marketplace and back. From there, just a short walk to access a nice beach ( we walked up to the lighthouse and entered through the Grand Lucaya...I think...resort area ...no problem at all. Once on the beach you can walk as far as you want. Only a couple of the resorts were open (still recovering from the hurricane) we talked to one of the security guards and he said that some resorts would open in December and some maybe not until Jan or Feb of 2017 due to waiting on insurance settlements.

Was the marketplace open?

We will be there in 3 weeks.

That is our plan for the day along with a little beach time also.

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Take a cab to Taino Beach... Tony Macaroni's conch experience is great food and fun (google it). His place survived the hurricane with some damage but he is open and operating... It is next to Junkanoo beach club (where the ship excursions go) but the beach is free. Tony makes great grilled conch and he gives demonstrations on how to open a shell and get the conch out... and you get a free shell! Lots of fun and affordable!

One of the best beaches anywhere

I have cruised A LOT

Was the marketplace open?

We will be there in 3 weeks.

That is our plan for the day along with a little beach time also.

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Market is open, good luck with the beach.