"First Night Done Right" - new promo

dplusd

Something similar is showing up on my Feb. Brilliance cruise...2 nts for the price of 1...thinking about taking advantage of this..here is what the promo for my cruise is showing...and in my cruise planner it allowed me to choose the restaurant I wanted for the 1st night...

Experience two of our specialty restaurants for the price of one when you purchase the BOGO 2 Night Dining Package for your cruise vacation. Select your dining party and your preferred dining time and a courtesy dinner reservation will be made on your behalf once onboard in two specialty restaurants for the first two nights of your cruise. On Day 1, you will receive your reservations confirmation in your stateroom. If you would like to amend your dinner reservations, simply visit one of our Hospitality Desks or any specialty restaurant.

Kids ages 6-12 now dine at our specialty restaurants for a discounted price. Ages 5 and under eat free! Plus, little cruisers get their very own menu - a round-up of kid-friendly favorites from the "grownups" menu.

INSIDER TIPS

This offer requires dining on Days 1 and 2

You can make amendments or additional reservations on your first day onboard to guarantee preferred dining time and restaurants

Our staff can add your kids to your existing reservation at kids' prices once onboard

Additional Terms & Conditions apply.

We booked this same special for our upcoming cruise on Navigator. $30/person for two nights. Check your reservations onboard and amend as needed. Sailing on Friday so I'll try to remember to check back and let you know how it goes.

This is available for my January Oasis cruise. I added to to my cart out of curiousity and they DO want to charge me $15 for my 5-year-old.

I saw that too, but if you do a normal reservation they will also charge your child full price if you select them during the reservation process. It doesn't look like it takes into account their age.

Edited by Cam Dizzle

I saw that too, but if you do a normal reservation they will also charge your child full price if you select them during the reservation process. It doesn't look like it takes into account their age.

That's true, and in a normal (non-promo) situation, they give you are credit for the child after the dinner. Unfortunately, I've not read any reports that they do a similar thing for the dining packages.

I just saw ($15/pp) it for our upcoming December Oasis cruise. It was a good deal considering Chops is $42/pp but I see I can't pick the restaurant. We also had a nice option for a dining package but again , they assign the restaurant and time for the first evening.

I'd rather use my loyalty BOGO, pay a few $$ more, and select our restaurant and time.

I imagine RCCL would not offer the new deal if the restaurants were busy.

M

• 1 month later...

I saw this available for my cruise and was interested, but wondered about the kids. On other lines I have been on kids clubs were either not available on the first night or only late- after dinner. Is it the same way for Royal? And can anyone confirm whether kids pay $15 or if it is a reduced price. I don't necessarily mind taking my 6 year old, I think she can handle it. But she barely eats anything. Granted $15 is not much, but she won't even eat $5 worth of food most likely. So I have to look at whether it is worth it for $45 for dinner. Decisions...

Just got back from Oasis. We prepaid for the First Night promo, and someone from Giovanni's called our stateroom on Day 1 to see if we would like to use the promo there. After our meal was finished, both husband and I got separate bills for $15 each. I was confused, assuming our bill would be $0, so I asked the waiter. He said we both just have to sign the receipts, and a credit would appear on our statement for both of those charges.

Well, it did not. I went to Guest Services on three different occasions to straighten it out. All three times, I was promised it would be removed within 24 hours. The third time, after waiting in line for about an hour, I let them know how many times I've tried to have the charges removed. She said there was no record of my previous two visits to guest services:mad: I had collected business cards both times, but left them in my room. Fortunately, that third time was the charm. The fees were removed!

Point of my story is, just check your balance to make sure you aren't charged for something you shouldn't be. We enjoyed the meal, and it was a great deal at just $15 pp. However, the hassle afterward detracted from the experience.

Just got back from Oasis. We prepaid for the First Night promo, and someone from Giovanni's called our stateroom on Day 1 to see if we would like to use the promo there. After our meal was finished, both husband and I got separate bills for $15 each. I was confused, assuming our bill would be $0, so I asked the waiter. He said we both just have to sign the receipts, and a credit would appear on our statement for both of those charges.

Well, it did not. I went to Guest Services on three different occasions to straighten it out. All three times, I was promised it would be removed within 24 hours. The third time, after waiting in line for about an hour, I let them know how many times I've tried to have the charges removed. She said there was no record of my previous two visits to guest services:mad: I had collected business cards both times, but left them in my room. Fortunately, that third time was the charm. The fees were removed!

Point of my story is, just check your balance to make sure you aren't charged for something you shouldn't be. We enjoyed the meal, and it was a great deal at just $15 pp. However, the hassle afterward detracted from the experience.

We also had difficulty with this deal on a recent B2B.

We booked and paid online for First Night Done Right for each of the two cruises. The first cruise, we elected to eat at Samba Grill and received a $0 bill at the end which was fine.

The second cruise, we chose to eat in Izumi and booked this through the concierge, noting that we were using our First Night Done Right deal.

When we got in, I made a point of asking the waitress how the First Night promo works considering their menu is a la carte. Confusion started here. She said that we could get 50% off the prices because we had a dining package (we had a 4 restaurant package also) but this didn't take into account our First Night promo.

So I asked again, trying to clarify that we had actually paid online for this promo. At this point she got one of the managers to come out. I had to explain everything again, and the manager told us that we would get a 50% reduction in the final bill. This made little sense, as I've paid $30 for 2 people to have access to a 50% discount. When I queried this, she looked confused for a second, told us to wait and disappeared for a while.

In the meantime, the table behind ours also with two people had the same query, and I saw her dealing with them also - though I couldn't hear the specifics of their conversation.

The manager returned to us about ten minutes later and told us we could order whatever want from the menu and the bill would be $0.

All in all, First Night Done Right needs some refinement. It should either not include any a la carte restaurant, or should (similar to a dining package) give you a set dollar credit to use in an a la carte restaurant.

Its current arrangement is confusing for everyone, even the staff onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
I booked this for my Oasis sailing Feb 26. The Cats show is only at 8:45, and we have late dining, so I figured I'd do this deal and Cats on the first night. Win-win!

I hope they fixed the technical difficulties. Both Cats and Come Fly with me were cancelled the

nights of our reservations on our 1/22 cruise last month. With no notifications at all until we showed

up at the door.

I saw this available for my cruise and was interested, but wondered about the kids. On other lines I have been on kids clubs were either not available on the first night or only late- after dinner. Is it the same way for Royal? And can anyone confirm whether kids pay $15 or if it is a reduced price. I don't necessarily mind taking my 6 year old, I think she can handle it. But she barely eats anything. Granted $15 is not much, but she won't even eat $5 worth of food most likely. So I have to look at whether it is worth it for $45 for dinner. Decisions...

For our Jewel cruise later this month, my wife and I paid $30 for our first 2 nite BOGO. My 10 year old son is supposed to be $10 per night. I did NOT reserve him on the cruise planner because it would have charged me $15. I will bring him and have the restaurants charge us the $10.

Half price specialty dining on the first night when MDR is a madhouse? Done!

We're doing it this weekend on Liberty.

The only catch is they pick the restaurant. You can change if you want, if available.

We normally don't do specialty restaurants as we've been content with the MDR but I agree with you here, it may be worth it as normally the service in the MDR on 1st night is rather slow.

Kids ages 6-12 now dine at our specialty restaurants for a discounted price. Ages 5 and under eat free! Plus, little cruisers get their very own menu - a round-up of kid-friendly favorites from the "grownups" menu.

INSIDER TIPS

This offer requires dining on Days 1 and 2

You can make amendments or additional reservations on your first day onboard to guarantee preferred dining time and restaurants

Our staff can add your kids to your existing reservation at kids' prices once onboard

Additional Terms & Conditions apply.

For those asking about kid prices, from what I read here, you wait to add the kid(s) until after you've boarded.

My guess is when you add them online when you make the reservation Royal's excellent software just sees another person and bills accordingly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I booked this for my Oasis sailing Feb 26. The Cats show is only at 8:45, and we have late dining, so I figured I'd do this deal and Cats on the first night. Win-win!

I did the same thing for the same reason, only on the March 26 sailing :)

But that's for 2 nights...or it's supposed to be...I was really thinking about booking this...but don't want to miss sailing under the Skyline Bridge...not sure I'd be finished in time to get on deck & see it...

That is something! I was on Brilliance and went under the Skyway Bridge. It was worth being late to dinner for!

• 2 weeks later...

So if I buy the First Night Done Right promo (sailing Harmony July) and they run the BOGO deal for the first two nights before my cruise, can I switch it? What is their policy on changing these extras you purchase in your Cruise Planner?

Edited by AgileBoxer

• 3 months later...

Did you ever find out this information? We have twin 5 year olds and would love to do specialty dining on first night but only if kids club is open.

• 1 month later...
Half price specialty dining on the first night when MDR is a madhouse? Done!

We're doing it this weekend on Liberty.

The only catch is they pick the restaurant. You can change if you want, if available.

Out of curiosity, is MDR on the first night even when you have traditional seating instead of MTD still chaotic? I've read reviews where I saw MTD on the first night was crazy but I wasn't sure about traditional seating. I'm interested in using the FNDR promo for our upcoming December 2017 Oasis cruise, but I'm hesitant as I plan to request to sit with others (it will just be my DH and I) and I wasn't sure if it takes away from that experience (meeting your table mates, wait staff, etc.) on the first night. Any thoughts?

Out of curiosity, is MDR on the first night even when you have traditional seating instead of MTD still chaotic? I've read reviews where I saw MTD on the first night was crazy but I wasn't sure about traditional seating. I'm interested in using the FNDR promo for our upcoming December 2017 Oasis cruise, but I'm hesitant as I plan to request to sit with others (it will just be my DH and I) and I wasn't sure if it takes away from that experience (meeting your table mates, wait staff, etc.) on the first night. Any thoughts?

I've not experienced chaotic first nights in the MDR when we have had traditional dining.