Personal Fans

Ta8633

I know this question may be asked several times and sorry I don't know the answer yet.

Can I bring a personal fan onboard the EPIC with me? Just looking to bring one that I can set on the nightstand. I know some lines allow and some do not.

Thanks!:D

Always travel with a fan. On the sky they confiscated it. Said it was a fire hazard.

On Jade no issue. Depends on the ship. Amazon has fans with battery back up which I bought for Jade in case they had issues with 110 plug.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by murfette

I was on epic two weeks ago and had a fan in my carry on luggage and had no problem at all. Friends we were sailing with had a fan in their checked bag and had to go to the naughty room and get the bag where NCL took the fan and said it was a fire hazard.

Carry your fan on board with you.

I was on epic two weeks ago and had a fan in my carry on luggage and had no problem at all. Friends we were sailing with had a fan in their checked bag and had to go to the naughty room and get the bag where NCL took the fan and said it was a fire hazard.

Carry your fan on board with you.

I guess that by the NCL rule book that would be fanning the flames.

I suppose that could happen if you were successful in plugging that square peg

plug into the round peg outlet - thus the fan would operate at twice its rated

revolutions and self destruct.

Egads folks we are not talking fans 6 feet in diameter that are used to ventilate

a barn - those pesky 12 inch models barely move a whisper of air which is all

that is needed to stimulate moving the living breathable atmosphere !

Oh and perhaps it helps to say "Captain may I .......... ? " !

Of interest when you open your cabin door or balcony door the air conditioning

on some ships turns off your cabin air circulation.

I know this question may be asked several times and sorry I don't know the answer yet. Can I bring a personal fan onboard the EPIC with me? Just looking to bring one that I can set on the nightstand. I know some lines allow and some do not.Thanks!:D

Just be aware, in an Epic balcony room, the one (and only) power outlet is inside the cabinet under the desk. When we are on the epic, we always bring a non-surge protected power strip to bring the power from inside the cabinet to the desktop, then a 12' extension cord to bring power to the bedside.

There is an APP you can get that lets you record your fan and then it will play for the length of time you set it for. Search for SleepFan: Myfans-sleep

What does it do, blow air out of the speakers?

C'mon... I get the white noise thing, but many folks find the air to be a little still in hotels and ship cabins, particularly insides.

Air movement!