Jewel OTS, San Juan 12/4

In St. Thomas......we went to Emerald Beach since we dock at Crown Bay now. NEver been there before and I loved it. Short cab ride...$4pp......walk through either the Best Western or the Island Beachcomber and you can rent chairs there for $7. Good food' date=' great beach......loved it! Very convenient.

We always go to the Marriott in St, Kitts and get a day pass. Have probably been there around 30 times and have never been disappointed. Day passes are $35 pp......just go to the desk. Great cabanas on the beach and a spectacular pool area. Great food. We've tried all the beach areas here and this is by far my favorite option,

Antigua.....have gone to Valley Church Beach for 20 years, but decided to give Jolly Beach a try yesterday. Maybe just a little more upscale than. VC! But both are very similar. They are both fairly crowded these days, but we had a wonderful day there yesterday. Great water and beautiful beach......will go back there for Sure!

Getting ready to go to the Top Tier party. We will have our Pinnacle celebration here today. yay!! Not excited about the helipad, but what can you do!!? I've been to several on the helipad and they were fun. I just hope it isn't too windy.

Better get going!![/size']

Congratulations, we enjoyed your ceremony!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Day 6 is here already!

Wash and fold was back in 24 hours. Fastest ever, in our cabin last night.

Made a last minute decision to join some of our table mates at Chops last night. Meal of fillet and baked potato was excellent. The appetizers were skimpy, and the desserts were just okay. Service was great, tipped a little extra. We could use our drink card. I still think $70 a couple is a little steep, but it was a treat.

We missed the love and marriage show and plan to watch it on TV on sea day. Speaking of TV, there actually is a few HDTV channels. They seem to have upgraded the children's programming .

Diego in the C Club has been great. Helped us with chops reservations. Also tracking down some missing OBC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

That's a treat. Are the US agents coming on board?

We meet in the theater @ 10am. They will Bong our old seapass cards and CBP agents will be onboard to clear us thru customs. We were told this morning to bring our documents to be checked. Our new seapass cards will be delivered tonight.

Consecutive cruiser lunch in the MDR @ 12 noon.

No packing tonight.

Cafe was open early today (sea day). It's also open late for those with the munchies.

We meet in the theater @ 10am. They will Bong our old seapass cards and CBP agents will be onboard to clear us thru customs. We were told this morning to bring our documents to be checked. Our new seapass cards will be delivered tonight.

Consecutive cruiser lunch in the MDR @ 12 noon.

No packing tonight.

Cafe was open early today (sea day). It's also open late for those with the munchies.

Very convenient, I wish all the ships would do that.:)

We were also on this cruise, and are now sitting at SJU -- no B2B for us!

Disembarkation was so easy. We did express departure. We ate breakfast in the Windjammer at 6:00, then returned to our cabin to get our luggage. We were supposed to be in the theater by 7:00. We headed there about 6:40, and were about 15-20th in line. Started moving right at 7 to take elevators down to deck 2, as directed by staff outside and inside the elevators. Walked into the terminal, waited maybe 5 minutes in the customs line, got a taxi, and arrived at the airport at 7:30. Quick USDA inspection for our bags, checkin with no line for Southwest, and with TSA precheck, we were through security by 7:45. Now reading and relaxing for our 11:15 flight!

It was a wonderful cruise. We also had a terrific MDR table group, so much so that I wished we hadn't booked a 3-night dining package! We loved Chops, enjoyed Izumi, and did not like Giovanni's at all. The menu was very different from what is shown on the RC website, and neither of us found the selections to our taste.

We don't cruise often, so we booked independent excursions in each port. If anyone is interested, I'll share details when I get home.

It was great to meet several CCers, hope everyone has safe travels and/or continued cruising fun!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by subtchr

Sue.....very nice to meet you this week. I've been reading your comments on CC for years. You, too, Steve!!

Getting ready to head to the theater for B2B. It was rather chaotic last week and took a very long time. Hope it goes faster today. So glad we didn't have to move cabins this morning.

Had an issue with our sea pass account. The $100 OBC I put on for this week with our VIsa card didn't show up. Turns out they are posting it for next week instead. Thanks to the Front Desk Manager, Nick, for catching that. All is Well!

Lunch last week was excellent! Seems like yesterday!! Better get going!

Steve.....will you do amthread for this week as well?

Edited by max'smom

• 2 weeks later...

Jane, hope you enjoyed the following week!

I am sure you received the "pro" photos from your Pinnacle ceremony, but here are a few I shot:

31472096561_047b1548c8_c.jpgUntitled by Sue, on Flickr

31215960110_ea4f678360_c.jpgUntitled by Sue, on Flickr

31472156351_2bd2b03aa8_c.jpgUntitled by Sue, on Flickr

And it is very port-heavy rather than many ship photos, but here's a link to my photo album if anyone is interested! SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN CRUISE DEC 2016.

Happy holidays to all!

I'm curious about Muster Drill. Last time we were on Brilliance we had our muster station in the Schooner Bar.

Please tell me this still happens. :)

It depends on which cabin you are in. Our muster station (we were in 9202) was also in the Schooner Bar, but others were out on the promenade deck.

How has the entertainment been?

We go to all the shows and found the entertainment a bit hit or miss. Both comedians were good, the variety-type act was...odd but could be entertaining..., RC singers and dancers quite good, orchestra was excellent. We enjoyed Dennis Charles as the CD, especially after he came and chatted at length with us at the CC Meet & Mingle.

A lot of posters are indicating that escargots are only offered one or two nights a cruise on other ships in the fleet. On our September Jewel cruise, they were available every night. Your current experience on Jewel?

I'm not sure how many nights escargot was offered, but I do know it was not offered every night. If memory serves, probably at most only three nights. Shrimp cocktail was also only offered for 4 nights. The Caesar salad I frequently order seems to be significantly smaller.

Just some random thoughts:

Izumi is only open for lunch on sea days.

Doesn't the freestyle soda machine have an ice dispenser?

I don't believe there is a freestyle soda machine on Jewel. If there is one it's well hidden!

The pizza/cafe opened at 3pm on port days, before noon on our one seaday.

I'm curious about Muster Drill. Last time we were on Brilliance we had our muster station in the Schooner Bar.

Please tell me this still happens. :)

As Sue pointed out, muster in the Schooner bar is based on your cabin. A01-A04 is based in the Coral theater. That's were we have been on all Radiance class ships based on our deck 7 forward cabin.