Jewel OTS, San Juan 12/4

D+ dropoff is before you get in line for the terminal security entry. I say it's on the left side because if you are looking at the building the security entry is on the right side and the luggage drop is about 1/3 of the way from the left.

After you drop your luggage get into the no-baggage line.

Enjoy

Thanks. I assume regular drop off is somewhere else. It's been a few years since we sailed from San Juan and don't remember it being crowded but everyone mentions that now so trying to get the lay of the land before we get there.

D+ dropoff is before you get in line for the terminal security entry. I say it's on the left side because if you are looking at the building the security entry is on the right side and the luggage drop is about 1/3 of the way from the left.

After you drop your luggage get into the no-baggage line.

Enjoy

Is this just D+ and above? We are diamond and just trying to plan. If we need to the regular route that's what we will do, but if we can speed it up all the better.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I assume regular drop off is somewhere else. It's been a few years since we sailed from San Juan and don't remember it being crowded but everyone mentions that now so trying to get the lay of the land before we get there.

Regular drop off is to the right. The C&A drop off is platinum and above, but they really don't check very closely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

The most recent CC Jewel review states that there was no refrigerator in the cabin?? And no self-serve ice machines anywhere on the ship??

We have never sailed RC before and are booked for February. Is this true?

The only place you might find serve service ice machines would be in Windjammer, Freestyle machines, and the aft drink station behind Windjammer. None in the passenger corridors.

Edited by clarea

The most recent CC Jewel review states that there was no refrigerator in the cabin?? And no self-serve ice machines anywhere on the ship??

There are no self service ice machines on any ship I know of.

We are sailing on the Jewel for the first time in February.

Was the Solarium roof ever open during the cruise?

Looking forward to any other reports!

We got off Jewel on Sunday. We saw the solarium roof open one afternoon. It may have been open more but we didn't go by there very often.

We sail in just a few weeks! Staying in the newer cabins on deck 11. Anyone stay there yet? Pros/cons?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sailed on the Jewel Nov. 27-Dec. 4 and stayed in 1162, one of the new cabins. Very nice, comfortable, etc. Balcony and view excellent. Very quiet room with one exception. Right above the cabin is the running track. Only once--at 6:30 am--did we hear footsteps. Half awake, I was blaming loud kids running outside our room. So there I am, in only my skivvies--in the hallway looking for youngsters! Only then did I realize the "running" was coming from the track above. Wife thought that was funny. . . It only lasted for about 10 minutes, so a not so long run for the dedicated runner.

I'm on the same cruise. As OP said, embark a piece of cake. Nice ship that feels larger than it is. Mattress is hard but had no problem sleeping. Deck 8 balcony room.

For me, the food in the Windjammer down a bit from usual, but DR up a bit, but it's only been 3 nights. Still, no complaints so far.

Antiqua today.

There are refrigerators, at least in balcony cabins. There actually was nothing in it, cool not cold. Now that I think of it there was no bottles of water for sale in the cabins.

Some ships with self service drink stations dispense glasses of ice. None on Jewel.

B2B report.

Talked with another couple completing the last week of their B2B. Said the turn-a-round process was chaotic. Directed consecutive cruisers to the Coral theater. Apparently with a few hundred others debarking. Called them up three times for seapasses. They were allowed to keep there current seapass and a new one was issued for the next cruise. CBP was on the ship, so they didn't have to actually leave the ship. Wondering if that took CBP officers out of the terminal?

Confirmed there was a B2B lunch in the MDR.

MDR report.

Our tablemates are great, the MDR service did suffer last night. It took over 2 hours with many long stretches of nothing. No one seemed to want to point this out and in fact told the Head waiter everything was fine! Oh well our waiter asked, and I told him service was a little slow tonight. He launched into a 5 minute excuse and apology rant. Oh well, it was almost comical. Don't really know why because it was OK the previous 2 nights. I noticed he had 2 tables of 8 passengers, both finished at the same time.

I consider this a small bump since we were enjoying our dinner conversation. YMMV

Just an observation that I failed to notice 3 years ago when we did these islands Why is port time only 8-5? Gangway open at 8:30am and all aboard at 4:30 or 5pm. These islands are so close together surely they could add port time. Last night I noticed we were only traveling at 9 knots. Seems very slow!

I guess it saves fuel, but it wouldn't take much to add an hour of port time? Minor issue for us since we wouldn't spend more time anyway. But I guess there are passengers that could.

I read the same review. We sailed the Jewel September 2015 pre-refurb. We had an Ocean View cabin and we had the so called refrigerator. They keep things cool but not cold. No different than any other ships we've been on. We kept our white wine in it.

Edited by davekathy