Jewel OTS, San Juan 12/4

Arrived at the Pan American pier at 10:45 . Cab ride $23 dollars because of the traffic. Got to the left side D+ luggage drop off at 10:55, waited 5 minutes, they started to take luggage. Waited in the no baggage line a couple of minutes and they opened the security line. 3rd couple to check in, smooth.

There is no special waiting area. They opened the ship entry doors around 11:15. The escalators were moving the wrong way! Waited 5 minutes and then they told us to use the elevator.

Entirely new bong sounds for your boarding swipe.

Sitting in an empty Windjammer at 11:40! Checked our table in dining room, perfect.

Cabins ready announced at 1:10.

I point all this out because our setsail pass said board @ 12:30!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Arrived at the Pan American pier at 10:45 . Cab ride $23 dollars because of the traffic. Got to the left side D+ luggage drop off at 10:55, waited 5 minutes, they started to take luggage. Waited in the no baggage line a couple of minutes and they opened the security line. 3rd couple to check in, smooth.

There is no special waiting area. They opened the ship entry doors around 11:15. The escalators were moving the wrong way! Waited 5 minutes and then they told us to use the elevator.

Entirely new bong sounds for your boarding swipe.

Sitting in an empty Windjammer at 11:40! Checked our table in dining room, perfect.

Cabins ready announced at 1:10.

I point all this out because our setsail pass said board @ 12:30!

Enjoy your Cruise. The Jewel is our favorite RCI ship.

This is something new for me. Different NFL game at the pool. As advertised in Compass. Never seen two games.

SALES TAX is being charged, 92 cents on 8 dollars drink of the day. Bar service said no tax on packages. There's a 30% D+ discounts on packages.

Concierge club still open to D+. Wasn't very crowded last night. The coffee machine is shut down from 11pm to 6am. Dinner was good. They won't serve shrimp cocktail, waiter said only special nights. Table mates were great.

No C&A documents were delivered on day one. Notified LA and they were delivered day 2. Meet and mingle was missing.

Breakfast in the Windjammer was horrible. Eggs overcooked and bacon that looked like broken glass, in tiny pieces. Seemed like a very small selection of items. No corned beef hash, which was one of my favorites.

Formal night and meet the captain tonight. Day 2.

Things are going well. But I'm missing the cafe in the Solarium. Only sandwiches and pizza.

We sail from San Juan in January on the Adventure. I know it's the same pier, so where is the D+ luggage drop off? Just want to know where to direct the taxi. Thanks.

D+ dropoff is before you get in line for the terminal security entry. I say it's on the left side because if you are looking at the building the security entry is on the right side and the luggage drop is about 1/3 of the way from the left.

After you drop your luggage get into the no-baggage line.

Enjoy

Interesting feedback, thanks. I think we will miss Park Cafe too.

They kind of have a miniature version of the Cafe in the corner. Definitely more than I expected from that little area. They do have water and lemonade stuck on one of the kiosks across from the counter, but no ice, flavored water or coffee. Miss the flavored water.

Also miss a small pleasure, bags of potato chips! I enjoyed the small wrapped sandwiches and haven't seen them at this version. But they do have a very small salad station.

They kind of have a miniature version of the Cafe in the corner. Definitely more than I expected from that little area. They do have water and lemonade stuck on one of the kiosks across from the counter, but no ice, flavored water or coffee. Miss the flavored water.

Also miss a small pleasure, bags of potato chips! I enjoyed the small wrapped sandwiches and haven't seen them at this version. But they do have a very small salad station.

Sounds like a mini version of Park Cafe.

Are there any breakfast offerings?

Dinner was decent on formal night. Shrimp cocktail was available, and a very enjoyable scallop dish served in the same style as escargot. I had the sirloin, which was passable. My favorite dessert, cheesecake with real strawberries!

Our dinner companions are the best! One couple shared their champagne with the table! Late seating...

We spent the day in the Solarium because DW has a small case of the sniffles. Nice relaxing day! We haven't gone into the Coral Theater yet, the shows didn't interest us. Maybe tonight @ the 7 show, with the singers and dancers.

First day on the ships internet. Slow, but serviceable. Used one coupon for 24 hours.

Concierge Club was half empty again last night. The staff is wonderful. Although we haven't met the Concierge yet. Met a delightful couple from Scotland, and another from Germany that has been on the ship for 35 days.

We are on deck 7 forward with the larger balconies (our choice). Nothing blocking our view. Last night a sail-a-way from St. Thomas there was someone smoking on the balcony above us. I seriously considered turning him in, but gave him one freebee. Although, this morning I found a cigarette butt on our balcony. Arghhh!:(

Still enjoying our cruise. Planning on snorkeling tomorrow in Antigua.

Funny I was just typing that!

No breakfast that I've seen, doesn't open until 3pmfor the last couple of days.

That's too bad. One of the things we enjoy most about Park Cafe is the quiet, uncrowded breakfast.

Thanks for the info.