Main dining room vegetarian

schultz

Do they still offer Indian vegetarian in the main dining room. I'm not a vegetarian but I love Indian food and I enjoyed the Indian vegetarian choices served at dinner. Going on the Dream in January.

Indian vegetarian was an every day choice last summer on the Fascination. But, I have since read they changed to the new American Table menus, so I do not know if it is still an option.

The Indian option has been available on the American Table since its introduction several years ago.

FYI- There is a meat option available. One of the veggie proteins is switched out for a meat. I've had lamb, chicken or fish. Need to pre-order a 'Non-Vegetarian' Indian entree the night before.

Edited by SadieN

American Table has the Indian Vegetarian option every night AS WELL AS another vegetarian option most nights. The other vegetarian is usually a pasta dish of some sort.

It is easy to be vegetarian on Carnival, vegan is much tougher as almost everything has dairy (cheese, eggs, butter). I have a friend who is vegan and it is so hard to fix food for her as her diet is so restricted. I think she would love cruising but I think she might end up eating lettuce every meal. Sad.

My son cannot eat dairy (lactose sensitive) and he has to ask about every dish on the menu, just to make sure.

Do they still offer Indian vegetarian in the main dining room. I'm not a vegetarian but I love Indian food and I enjoyed the Indian vegetarian choices served at dinner. Going on the Dream in January.

This is one of my favorites too! One of our waiters told us in the dining room at dinner one time that they have it every day for employees so it's an easy option for guests. :) It's one of the things I look forward to every cruise!

American Table has the Indian Vegetarian option every night AS WELL AS another vegetarian option most nights. The other vegetarian is usually a pasta dish of some sort.

It is easy to be vegetarian on Carnival, vegan is much tougher as almost everything has dairy (cheese, eggs, butter). I have a friend who is vegan and it is so hard to fix food for her as her diet is so restricted. I think she would love cruising but I think she might end up eating lettuce every meal. Sad.

My son cannot eat dairy (lactose sensitive) and he has to ask about every dish on the menu, just to make sure.

Post 7 - she seems happy with her vegan choices. Need to do a better search than what I can do from my phone.

Anything Gluten Free at Tea Time???

I've always wanted to go with my daughter but she requires gluten free. Would this be available?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=51208716

I'm vegan and have no issues with eating on Carnival. It's actually pretty darn easy.

Onboard I'll eat mostly vegetarian. Huge carnivore on land.

The Indian comes on two plates. One plate you'll get with every meal. It has riata (yogurt sauce), lightly pickled cucumber and onion, and a spicy chili. Also rice and a papadam (cracker).

The second plate has three different soufflé bowls. At least one has a protein (beans or cheese). I remember having mushrooms, cheese and peas, garbanzo beans, eggplant, lentils and many things I can't identify. All good, all on the spicier side.

I have a routine. The first plate sits in front of me, the bowls are placed around that plate. Takes up less room on a crowded table.

IIRC Zydecocruiser has photos on his (her?) website.

The Non-Vegetarian simply replaced the veggie protein with a meat. This needs to be pre-ordered.

Edited by SadieN