smoked salmon in the Windjammer

the kids

You can always ask for more; we did. They are more than willing to give you an entire bagel and extra salmon. 'the menu makes it very clear it is just 1/2 bagel; I don't have any idea what brand bagels they use and neither do you?

Don't get your cheerleading panties in a wad. We are all entitled to our own opinion. I stand by mine.:rolleyes:

Lox and bagels w/cream cheese are one of my favorite things, but I hardly ever eat them on the ship. I require capers, and lots of them, and the ship always used the most horrific gigantic capers instead of the better quality nonpareil capers. That's a deal breaker for me, so I stick to omelets. (I'm a caper snob. I use them in everything!) So I won't miss the smoked salmon.

Those gigantic capers you speak of are actually caper berries and real not even the same thing as the smaller capers. They are sort of similar but not the same.:)

Those gigantic capers you speak of are actually caper berries and real not even the same thing as the smaller capers. They are sort of similar but not the same.:)

I knew something was wrong. As a caper lover, I can attest that they are horrific.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...
I knew something was wrong. As a caper lover, I can attest that they are horrific.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ahh, capers. I love a good heist.

But seriously, last time I was cutting those things with a knife and fork! I, too, sensed something was amiss.

Which ship?? We actually walked out of the MDR on the Escape. Sat there for almost an hour waiting for our breakfast. When they put a half of a small bagel with one slice of lox in front of me, we walked out. Maybe it was just a fluke and not the norm?! Would be great if that's the case!

Why be stingy with it ? It's not as though that farmed stuff was expensive.

Originally thought that we would be unable to have real smoked salmonon the Freedom of Seas December cruise. Very much surprised it was available iin the MDR and Windjammer for breakfast. In the Windjammer, it was behind the salad counter and had to be asked for, but, no problem! Same for MDR, just ask and you will receive and a complete bagel, both top and bottom.

unfortunately, the salmon did not prevent us from getting the Flu and being hospitalized the day we disembarked.

Better now,thanks

Originally thought that we would be unable to have real smoked salmonon the Freedom of Seas December cruise. Very much surprised it was available iin the MDR and Windjammer for breakfast. In the Windjammer, it was behind the salad counter and had to be asked for, but, no problem! Same for MDR, just ask and you will receive and a complete bagel, both top and bottom.

unfortunately, the salmon did not prevent us from getting the Flu and being hospitalized the day we disembarked.

Better now,thanks

Freedom of the Seas is a Royal Caribbean ship and even though the title of this thread refers to Windjammer it is actually posted in the NCL forum.

It's actually kind of funny/ironic -the salmon bagel in the mdr has so much salmon (almost too much ) and a tiny little stingy bit of cream cheese.

You would have thought the bean counters would have made it go the other way.

Still great, and actually a reason why I had breakfast in the mdr more often than normal .

On POA in Jan. they served salmon mousse instead of lox on the buffet as well as Moderno. They also removed the smoked salmon mousse h'orderve in Jefferson's Bistro.

Don't get your cheerleading panties in a wad. We are all entitled to our own opinion. I stand by mine.:rolleyes:

what the heck are you talking about for heavens sake. I simply mentioned, no one knows what brand of bagels any ship uses and most of don't really pay that much attention or really care. Breakfast isn't gourmet eating time. as for asking for more, what is wrong with that comment?:(

You can still get it at the buffet.

Just ask the worker who is near the salmon mousse.

They have Salmon behind the counter.

I agree.

lox and bagels

Even though it's not on display at the Garden Cafe,

You just have to ask a worker or a hostess.

Since it's not much in demand, they will make it fresh.

Edited by $hip$hape

Just off Star...great cruise...not in buffet....very generous portions in MDR...salmon Benedict there was super !!😀

good to know. I was disappointed and understand why others were as well when they removed them from the buffet, but as long as they have them in MDR doesn't make any difference whether it is a 1/2 bagel or a whole one, just so they serve them. That should only be the concern. I do think I will ask at the buffet next cruise, in just 3 weeks.:D