REVIEW Liberty of the Seas: Galveston-Roatan-Belize-Cozumel 11/27-12/4

We really enjoyed the ships amenities, cozy cabin (great cabin attendant), great food, excellent staff, and awesome ports.

FOOD:

All the food we had in the main dining room was great. Windjammer food was good too. The timing for breakfast & lunch in the main dining room was limited so we had to windjamer it most days. We did room service one day and that was also fine. We have only cruised smaller ships in the past with Carnival and we found the food to better on this Royal ship. With the exception of Royal has no chocolate melting cake lol.

We had to wait about 10-15 for my time dining for a table for 2 (alone) one 2 occasions but that was all.

We ate at Sabor one day and the drinks, guacamole, appetizers, and desserts were outstanding. Neither my husband or I really cared for our main dishes though so maybe we just chose the wrong items. The guac was seriously the best we have ever had. But with the main dishes lacking, we would not pay for this again.

Entertainment:

All of the shows were awesome. We almost didnt go see Stephani Parker- but you wont want to miss. Her voice is amazing and her Whitney Houston tribute was awesome. Saturday Night Fever was wonderful. The ice show was great. The in the air performance was also amazing.

Hot tubs filled up on cooler days but other than that we had no problems. We ice skated, did the water slides, adults only pool, went to all the shows. We did not do many other activities such as trivia, etc. I did one shopping talk and attempted the holiday tag workshop but that was super crowded. We actually ended up skipping the flow rider & rock climbing wall this time around. But checked them out and they looked fun. No lines at the water slides when I checked. The flow rider line was really not bad at all either.

Excursions:

We did BOSS underwater adventure in Roatan and it was so fun. I would highly recommend it to anyone. Super easy to do and so fun to just scoot around. Also came with snorkeling. Great staff and a quick trip from the port which left plenty of shopping time. Though there was not much to buy. I am noticing all of the same stuff around the world at these ports. I actually bought nothing at any ports or on the ship.

In Belize we did the cave tubing, trekking, and lunch and that was also great. The water was not cold, I was worried it would be. The lunch was good and the trekking was easy and quick. This was a long ride from the port but worth it. Very unique experience. I would recommend this as well. We also had time in port to mess around after.

In Cozumel we did Playa Mia beach break with lunch & drinks. Some of the items on the buffet were amazing and some were not so hot. The snorkeling was awesome here- we just brought our own gear and swam around the inflatables and saw a TON of awesome fish. The inflatables were a lot of fun too. Drinks were not so strong but we asked them to hook them up & they did. Great service & staff all day. Fun water slides. The beach was great and the attendants took drink orders, brought umbrellas if you wanted and sand toys for kids. This was such a great day- would recommend. Very close to port, maybe 10 min.

Embark/ Disembark:

Were both quick and easy. The day before we disembarked the road to Galveston was closed off and a huge cluster we heard. The airline lost my luggage prior to our embark so I am very thankful we came in the day before as I had to go back to the airport to get my luggage before the cruise. Had we came in same day my luggage would have arrived after we were already on the boat. Not a fan of Houston airport. It was rainy & miserable in Galveston when we disembarked.

Summary:

Clean ship, courteous and attentive staff. I didnt like the cruise director though I found him really annoying lol. He just intro'ed a few of the shows and that was all we saw of him. All around great trip. Cant wait to cruise again.

Edited by lindseylu8

Were on the Nav Oct 30 cruise and loved the cruise director. He was everywhere and very funny. Wonder if there's been a change?

We were on right after you. Your cruise director (Jeff Arpin) got off, and the new one got on (John Blair). The new CD is an acquired taste.

OP. Thanks for the review.

Appreciate the report.

What was the cost of Playa Mia, and was it all you could eat and drink?

We booked through the ship & it was $89/ person. Im sure there are better deals out there. All you can eat/ all you can drink included. Transfer to & from pier and non-motorized water sports. They had kayaks, paddle boats as well as a kids pool area and 2 swimming pools, and one (not so hot) Jacuzzi.

We booked through the ship & it was $89/ person. Im sure there are better deals out there. All you can eat/ all you can drink included. Transfer to & from pier and non-motorized water sports. They had kayaks, paddle boats as well as a kids pool area and 2 swimming pools, and one (not so hot) Jacuzzi.

That's not too bad. We enjoy Nachi Cocom, which is $55 and probably another $10 per person for taxi. The ship excursion also avoids waiting for a taxi and has protection if they are late.

Thanks for the info.

We were on your cruise as well, and every time we saw John Blair we could only think was that our cruise is being run by Hasselhoff! Lol.

That was a great cruise!

I actually LOL when I read your comparison, I agree. We were on Liberty 13-20 Nov, had a great time and will be sailing on her again in Sept.

That's not too bad. We enjoy Nachi Cocom, which is $55 and probably another $10 per person for taxi. The ship excursion also avoids waiting for a taxi and has protection if they are late.

Thanks for the info.

Thats not too much of a difference then. In future cruises we will probably be bolder & not feel we need to book through the cruise line.

Thanks for your review. We are on the New Years cruise and it can't get here soon enough.

Re the BOSS excursion: we did this a few years ago and while we enjoyed it I would warn anyone who is even slightly prone to motion sickness or claustrophobia to consider whether this excursion is the right fit. We have done many excursions over the years where they warn about motion, but this is the only one where it was an issue.

Thanks for your review. We are on the New Years cruise and it can't get here soon enough.

Re the BOSS excursion: we did this a few years ago and while we enjoyed it I would warn anyone who is even slightly prone to motion sickness or claustrophobia to consider whether this excursion is the right fit. We have done many excursions over the years where they warn about motion, but this is the only one where it was an issue.

I didnt notice any motion issues. it goes pretty slow. I can def see how one could get claustrophobic though. Its like a astronauts helmet :)

Thanks for the review. We will be sailing LOS 1/22/17. Attitude is always a big plus to enjoy a vacation. You can always find faults or great experiences, just depends if your cup appears 1/2 empty or full. We have sailed doing spring break with kids and off season without them. Enjoyed the bustle with overcrowded ships and the non-line activities when there were many experienced persons with a themed group on our cruise.

Thanks for your review. We will be boarding the Liberty of the Seas on Sunday for the eight day Christmas cruise (Dec 18-26). We are really looking forward to it.

I'm glad to hear embarking/disembarking was quick. We have cruised from Galveston in the past and it was always a nightmare! Maybe processing has improved with the new terminal.