Just Embarked the Equinox. IMPRESSED!

ChucktownSteve

Hey Bill,

Jeff and I usually go there every night, but generally around 6-7 or 9-10 (before and/or after dinner in Blu). We were the couple with the aqua class cabin from the cabin crawl. Maybe we'll bump into you there or elsewhere at some point over these last few days aboard.

Diane

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How did I not know that. Now I can place you! :):)

Hey JustinAllen,

I had a thought if you want to make it special. Dom could be considered by some as over rated. Although I will admit it is very good. Consider a bottle of Perrier Jouet's Fleur hand painted bottle with two glasses. The set I bought years ago had the glasses hand painted too with the fleur design. That's a bottle she'll keep and remember the cruise every time she sees it. It's very good also and is reasonably priced at Wines & More near me for about $130. Dom near us is $150.

Perrier-Jouet-Fleur1_zpsaipjkov9.jpg

Total%20Wines%20Perrier%20Jouet_zpsvom8kebb.png

Your cabin attendant will ice if for you and there's no corkage if consumed in your cabin. My wife still has hers and the glasses from our first cruise together in the 90's. Just a thought.

That's a great idea! I'll see what they have it for around here!

OK we've sailed. Met Bill and Rosey for a drink before they went to their specialty dinner. One of the good things about leaving St. Maarten is that we can now receive FOX News (I can feel Fish Lover in NY and weregoingcruising in Chicago cringing :p) and CNBC again on the TV. I was told at guest relations that the mountains blocked the satellite signal when docked.

I've only managed to get partway through this entire thread, but I have to say, I'm LOVING this review! If you have a chance, can you post pictures of the "daily activities?" We are departing on the Equinox on Jan. 2 for a 7 day western Caribbean cruise and we can't WAIT!

Coming back later tonight to read the rest... :)

I've only managed to get partway through this entire thread, but I have to say, I'm LOVING this review! If you have a chance, can you post pictures of the "daily activities?" We are departing on the Equinox on Jan. 2 for a 7 day western Caribbean cruise and we can't WAIT! Coming back later tonight to read the rest... :)

TYVM for your comment. Is it ok if I only shoot each day's events page instead of the whole Celebrity today?

Thank you very much for posting the Johnny Walker prices! My husband can hardly wait to get there on our next cruise!!

You're very welcome but you should really thank my DW who couldn't make this cruise so I had the time to do My first real live. Had she been with me, there would have been no time to do this. :D She doesn't do CC.

You've did a awesome job. I think we all pool money and make you our Cruise Critic Rolling Ship Camera and Ship Reporter? Im sure your DW wouldn't like it but I know we all would.

Thanks for your hard work...

NO, TY for following and enjoying the posts. And to all the others who encouraged me. Truthfully, I would not have continued to the depth I did if it were not for all the questions & positive comments. But as I've said, this really helped me enjoy the cruise much more than Had I not. So it's a win/win and now you're all my surrogate DW....well until this cruise ends. :p

NO, TY for following and enjoying the posts. And to all the others who encouraged me. Truthfully, I would not have continued to the depth I did if it were not for all the questions & positive comments. But as I've said, this really helped me enjoy the cruise much more than Had I not. So it's a win/win and now you're all my surrogate DW....well until this cruise ends. :p

I have to ask...and I fully understand if you spend your time at WC bar (as it is fantastic)...have you had a chance to have a "Mrs. Ann" Martini?

I have to ask...and I fully understand if you spend your time at WC bar (as it is fantastic)...have you had a chance to have a "Mrs. Ann" Martini?

The simple answer is no. I'm a scotch on the rocks kinda guy. Once I found the WC bar with JW Platinum, well the other drinks just weren't as enjoyable. That's why I also didn't order that expensive rum drink at the WC bar. :cool:

The simple answer is no. I'm a scotch on the rocks kinda guy. Once I found the WC bar with JW Platinum, well the other drinks just weren't as enjoyable. That's why I also didn't order that expensive rum drink at the WC bar. :cool:

I understand completely. I'm also a scotch guy. Give me a Perfect Rob Roy, up, with a lemon twist any day.

Good morning,

Just got back from my two double shot of my espresso luv. I'm ready to post again. Sitting there in Cafe al Bacio, I was overlooking the ocean sail by on our first of two sea days back to FLL.

I took a picture of this morning's pastry offerings. This is typical of the morning while the previous picture of the case was taken in the evening when they've switched to cakes and other offerings.

IMG_1875_zpsrfa4x10b.jpg

My DW is the one who decorates our house for Christmas. I wonder if Mrs. Clause stopped by the Celebrity Equinox overnight because lo and behold look what greeted us this morning in the atrium. This is shot from deck 4.

IMG_1876_zpsmgsfhqjt.jpg

Notice there's also a gingerbread house up on the other end of deck four's atrium.

And the view from the other end of deck 4 atrium

IMG_1877_zpsz6efumdg.jpg

I heard our select dining hostess telling people about what time to come for dinner tonight. Just a little later because we're having lobster and service/eating from the early seating usually takes longer.

Tonight is the second Evening Chic.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

I've been asking for sharing at Select Dining. Let me begin by saying there were six other lovely people who were as incredulous as I. Two of the couples from near the San Francisco area I ate with previously. Then there was a couple I also ate with from a previous night who are from the Niagara area on the Canadian side.

Now the back story as told to me by the offender, Mark. Early in the cruise he had an altercation with a dining room Manager. According to him, he demands all the appetizers be delivered at one time and all his entrees delivered at one time. The server, I suspect, had difficulty understand his belligerent order.

The Manager approached him and he claims he was only reaching to turn up the Manager's name tag. The Manager accused Mark of assaulting him and turned him into security.

The following morning he was called into conference with the head of security, the F&B Manager and four other senior staff. He was sternly ward that future actions would get him put off at the next port and he would have to pay his own transportation home. I won't get into the weeds as to other details but you get the point.

Fast forward to last night, his first foray back to the dining room since the incident. His wife wouldn't join him for this he told me. After Mark left the table the other table mates said they understood why. So did I.

OK now to last night. He ordered five appetizers all to be delivered at one time. Well the waiter didn't quite understand his request and is probably trained to deliver one appetizer at a time, which is what he did. Mark got belligerent and demanded every one of them be brought out immediately. He was debasing the server who the others and I had previously. The server was excellent BTW. He acted professionally and tried to accommodate Mark's demand.

As soon as the appetizers were delivered, he began dumping one onto the other and another onto that. Then he dove in to eating like a maniac. At this point his Heineken bottle is empty but the sommelier wasn't asking if he wanted another.

Then his five entrees were delivered, as demanded but they were all on one plate. He had the steak, the salmon and others. He wolfed down his food and didn't wait for dessert before leaving the table. OMG This description still didn't do him justice! :eek:

Onto my dinner. I had the BBQ pork spring roll. It was pretty good. For my entree I ordered the sauteed duck breast. I inquired if it was dry & overcooked or moist & juicy. He assured me it was the latter. When it arrived, I saw that mine was just as I wanted it but my table mate had his a bit more done. Great job taking care of my wishes.

The other night I mentioned that dinner was the best for me on this cruise. Well the duck breast last night, for me, surpassed it in flavor, juiciness and temperature.

To end on another positive note, this ship has some of the professionally best and personable crew I've experienced. :D

On my last cruise in Blu I order three duck dishes on various nights. I luv duck.

I really should have taken a picture of it but since he was so explosive, I didn't want to set him off.

Much has been said on Cruise Critic about going from a Cabin Attendant w/assistant to only solo cabin attendants.

I inquired about it with my cabin attendant who is doing a wonderful & professional job BTW. He said he used to have 25 cabins to attend to with his assistant. Now he has only 14 by himself. I then asked him which he liked better. He said the 25 with an assistant.

I'm not suggesting his opinion represents all others. But I wanted to share his personal view.

Much has been said on Cruise Critic about going from a Cabin Attendant w/assistant to only solo cabin attendants.

I inquired about it with my cabin attendant who is doing a wonderful & professional job BTW. He said he used to have 25 cabins to attend to with his assistant. Now he has only 14 by himself. I then asked him which he liked better. He said the 25 with an assistant.

I'm not suggesting his opinion represents all others. But I wanted to share his personal view.

I don't blame him.

There are 2 things - 14 +14 is 28 , not 25 and it's a LOT more pleasant to work with someone else than to work alone!

A comment on your table mate Mark - I'm surprised he's married. Sounds like he has some "issues" beyond just how his food is served. I trust you but this story is so unbelievable I'm not sure I'd believe it if I read it anywhere else.