Majesty OTS Semi-Live - Dec 12

leinhto

Dinner in the WJ was really good. The whole dining area was not open, the back section was cordoned off. I notice many of the staff dressed up tonight. I imagine for the farewell show. They were all coming into the WJ to eat around 8pm. We spent the rest of the evening playing cards.

Time to pack. Came back to our room and found the first non-animal towel I have ever seen on RCI.

74a45462dd75f5fc96c305a0253626b8.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Up early. Its nice they have the ship cam always turned on. We can watch her sail in to Port Canaveral from the room.

7829c45dd5a3e81c05e0b469a8e257f7.jpg

We are going to do the Self Assist Departure. Getting dressed quickly and heading to breakfast first.

Edited by leinhto

Update on the security issue across from us. I spoke to our cabin neighbors and mentioned to them security was going through their stuff. They spoke Spanish but once they understood what I was saying they smiled and laughed. It turns out they thought the all aboard was at 5pm in Nassau. It was 4:30pm. It was as I had guessed, security was confirming whether they had their travel docs. If they did they might have left them. In this case they didn't so they waited for them. Hence our late departure from Nassau. Glad for them, that would have been a trip ruiner to have been left behind especially with their broken English.

So do you give the majesty a thumbs up?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Absolutely!! Everything from staff to ship was great. For an older ship built in 1992 it is in great condition. They must have had a Reno recently. Just enough activities to make sea days a pleasure.

Our teens loved the activities organized for their age group, especially the sports activities.

Food was good. I must say I had never done WJ for dinner and will now consider it for at least one night for our next cruise.

Well managed cruise. I didn't expect any less from RCI.

Enjoyed the pics and the commentary!!

I have to ask, why was there such a lack of ppl around in the evenings? Was it a older crowd or not a full ship or?

Yeah, I was surprised as well. But that could be the nature of us not on the general schedule for dinner times and activities. We kinda did an off the path schedule so the areas we frequented were not as busy. We did a lot of table tennis, that seem to be the popular game on board. People were sitting around waiting to play everyday. There was a chap who was really good and everyone wanted a go at him. He left unbeaten.

I was only on her once and it was out of Miami last year. I found it to be quieter than I expected in the evenings compared to my experience on Enchantment many times or even her sister ship Monarch.

Perhaps cause it is an older ship it doesn't attract as much of a younger or more lively crowd?

I was never bored, but a little disappointed at the nightlife.

Edited by monctonguy

Glad you all enjoyed the review. I thought I could provide more details. But if you have any questions about things I didn't mention let me know.

By the way streaming was very good on Surf and Stream package. I caught up on all my soccer highlights on YouTube without a problem. No buffering during play.

Also, if you have Google Fi you are golden in Nassau as they have data coverage covered under your plan. Calls are extra though. Didn't need to find wifi in Nassau.

Edited by leinhto

• 2 weeks later...
We were the last ones on the first shuttle out. We should be on the road by 8am. Thanks for reading along. Next cruise in 100days.

Nice job, I forgot and had to come back to the thread, we did a fun road trip/majesty cruise back in October.

I'm spending 10 days on her next month, also wondering if I'll get bored after a few days. Coco Cay 3 times will be nice.

Here is hoping your are 3 for 3 just for this trip. I'm 4 for 4 spread out over 9 years. :D Are you planning on Periscope-ing? I've yet to see a photo or video of the swim up bar, it was wiped out just before my visit and I have heard its back.

I was only on her once and it was out of Miami last year. I found it to be quieter than I expected in the evenings compared to my experience on Enchantment many times or even her sister ship Monarch.

Perhaps cause it is an older ship it doesn't attract as much of a younger or more lively crowd?

I was never bored, but a little disappointed at the nightlife.

The ship has a history of Floridians making short get aways on the way to the upper tier levels. As for night life, it does ramp up on holidays and spring break.