Allure of the Sea- DRINK PACKAGE- help!!

Hi! I am going on the Allure (Eastern Caribbean, 7 night) and wonder what my best option is for drinks.

There are 4 of us going, and the 3 others in my party got the drink package. I am trying to figure out if I really need a drink package. I want to drink, but I also don't know if I will drink $500 worth of alcohol.

From your experience, is it worth it to get the drink package? Thanks!!:):cool:

The drink package works great for me, but that doesn't mean anything unless you happen to have the same consumption habits and preferences as I do (not likely). Nobody can tell you if the package is a good choice for you, except you.

So, here's what you do. First, come up with a pretty realistic estimate of how much and what you'll drink (it matters). Are you a "three martinis before lunch to get warmed up" person? Or a "nurse two beers over 16 hours" person? Or something else? You can find current RCCL drink prices online (martinis are $12, beers $6-8, mixed $10). Then, do the math. If your estimated cost is close to the package, it doesn't matter which you choose (they cost the same). If the package is cheaper, get it. If not, don't get it and pay as you go.

Hi! I am going on the Allure (Eastern Caribbean, 7 night) and wonder what my best option is for drinks.

There are 4 of us going, and the 3 others in my party got the drink package. I am trying to figure out if I really need a drink package. I want to drink, but I also don't know if I will drink $500 worth of alcohol.

Tell us what beverages you will drink on a daily basis, and we can tell you if you will save money with a package.

My husband decided not to buy the drink package ahead of time. After paying just short of $17 for a Bloody Mary when we boarded, he bought the drink package for $479. It more than paid for itself the remainder of the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Another curious phenomenon that happens is that, in the case of my wife and I, we find ourselves decompressing and totally embracing the vacationing on cruise ship and we see a bar open at say 11:30 and go in and have a specialty drink that we have never had before. sometimes 2 or 3 and then work our way back into what ever schedule we had and go from there. As my dad use to say...you can sleep when your dead. :D

In "general, the break even is about 5-6 drinks per day per person....YMMV but it is also nice not having to tip and sign every single drink receipt...every time...kind of a buzz-kill

• 4 months later...
We have the Deluxe Drink Package. Does that work for Room Service? Bloody Mary with breakfast. Fancy coffee or juices with breakfast?

No, the drink packages do not cover room service.

They do cover Bloody Mary's, specialty coffees and fresh squeezed orange juice, but you have to go to a restaurant or bar to get them.

We just bought. I estimated what we most likely would drink and when, including all drinks specialty coffees, bottled wTer, sodas, foofoo drinks, martinis, beer , wine ,shots etc. not that we drink like that but when on vacation if we can drink we will. So based on a days worth of beverages and cocktails it seemed worth it even if we break even. We also go to labadee and drinks are included there as well..

I was on the fence for my cruise in february (our first in 20 years), but got it when it down to 36/day. I really liked the added bonus of just ordering things I may or may not like to try them. Some worked out, others I just tossed, and got something else. It really helped add to the carefree nature of the cruise.

Because there are three seas and a very short day in Nassau, I think it "works". We have already decided it is not worth it for our southern Caribbean cruise with only one sea day. Here is what I did: speciality coffee first thing (thankfully, Dh got up and went to get it), a second speciality coffee in the afternoon. A mimosa (or two) in the morning hours, a beer (or two) around the pool. Wine with dinner. And my favorite drink, cucumber-jalapeño margarita after dinner. So, I probably didn't get my money's worth, but it was fun and relaxing.

One of my friend, who had the drink the passage, had a smoothie every morning from the place in the gym on her Oasis cruise. I forgot all about that since my gym clothes went un-used. (But I only took the stairs, except for that time when I was carrying three hotdogs up the pool.)