LIVE Trip Report VISTA Dec 17-24, 2016

Love2Cruz2015

Tonight's show was America Rocks, which I enjoyed very much

c01bc0d9fe7043f5cc5425cc8b38b493.jpg

3e2a7553e1ee0739d8ea1018dfadb4ed.jpg

Tonight's drink is the Kiss on the Lips

6afd925c05e9d8cd210da88e7cead53a.jpg

We are listening to some acoustic music and also enjoyed Essencia, the violinists at the Atrium.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Love2Cruz2015

Today's breakfast was a nova sandwich, it was okay, not high quality-as som one from NY and have access to good quality Jewish deli's, the salmon was low grade.

c7dc48e89034d2bfd8bf6d66164c758d.jpg

They also had the chocolate extravaganza today on Lido

4b596b080f1e6ce1341a8dcef98e1ed3.jpg

Now we are waiting for a 2:30 show at the thrill theater did some souvenir shopping and enjoying a cocktail from the Atrium bar.[emoji4]

a66eba9edd291b7ee2cf212faed67a50.jpg

Pirate Punch

81ccb7a7a174bf81030e8505d5887452.jpg

I also purchased a couple of formal photos, an 8x 10 print plus digital file for $21.99 each.

Always a sad day when you get those luggage tags. At that point, I just want to get off the ship and go home -- the crew is ready for you to leave so they can focus on the new passengers, anyway!!

Is Margaritaville the easiest beach to get to? Fee for chairs and umbrella? This will be our first time there. I found the Grand Turk schedule for our sailing, and it appears Vista will be the only ship in port that day; hoping we can get a lounger then. We're no longer beach towel in the sand folks.

I just realized looking at your photos (duh!) that the ship should be decorated for Christmas, too, during our sailing. Hope so -- love it when a ship looks festive!

Enjoy your final night on Vista! You have other cruises coming up soon, don't you? That's the way to do it!

Always a sad day when you get those luggage tags. At that point, I just want to get off the ship and go home -- the crew is ready for you to leave so they can focus on the new passengers, anyway!!

Is Margaritaville the easiest beach to get to? Fee for chairs and umbrella? This will be our first time there. I found the Grand Turk schedule for our sailing, and it appears Vista will be the only ship in port that day; hoping we can get a lounger then. We're no longer beach towel in the sand folks.

I just realized looking at your photos (duh!) that the ship should be decorated for Christmas, too, during our sailing. Hope so -- love it when a ship looks festive!

Enjoy your final night on Vista! You have other cruises coming up soon, don't you? That's the way to do it!

Yes it's literally right off the dock. As you walk off the ship you go through Grand Turk duty free shop. As you walk out, Margarittaville is right there. It's huge, they have an outdoor area, indoor, pool area, and different bars, as you walk through Margaritaville the beach is also right in front. There are a few stands for excursions and other stores, but it's all good n a compact area.

Lounges and umbrellas are free, it's first come first served.

So for dinner tonight we decided to eat at Lido buffet as none of us felt like dressing up tonight. I had shrimp creole and jambalaya which was very good.

We then wen to the Atrium to watch the final farewell, there was some Christmas carols and then it snowed! No not real snow but we loved it.

2a769a1d04c0eb74193f0e2e5d0bea92.jpg

8c56fc36dee390602f0f351611619471.jpg

Our final and best drink tonight was the spicy chipotle pineapple martini! If I would've had this at the beginning of the cruise, I would have ordered all cruise l g. But I do like variety and I enjoyed all my drinks.

792baecc5bf6f29788ebd1b8df3dc0c8.jpg

d967701d95fa6b0b210b91139c11db09.jpg

My DD saying goodbye to one of her friends she met on the ship

b0f9f7b970f8bfb5ee43bad621577341.jpg

Matts's goodbye, he was great, where does he find the energy to be "on" all the time?

8c45dc115ee28329fe350adf3c8eaaf4.jpg

Well we are packed, our luggage is outside, tomorrow it's one last breakfast before Matt kicks us off [emoji22]

But it's Christmas!

Thank you all for following along. [emoji847]I will write a summary of the different areas from My point of view in the next few days while it's still fresh in my mind.

Next up-----> MSC SPLENDIDA for Spring Break 2017 to Europe

The best way to get over post vacation blues is to plan for the next one! [emoji41]

Yes it's literally right off the dock. As you walk off the ship you go through Grand Turk duty free shop. As you walk out, Margarittaville is right there. It's huge, they have an outdoor area, indoor, pool area, and different bars, as you walk through Margaritaville the beach is also right in front. There are a few stands for excursions and other stores, but it's all good n a compact area.

Lounges and umbrellas are free, it's first come first served.

There were a lot of rocks in the water there the times I visited. Glad I brought along water socks. I think it's better by Jack's Shack.

Well, I have been back home, and started unpacking.

We had breakfast early this morning in the MDR, I had their french toast, which btw is my favorite CCL breakfast item.

Debarkation was a big crowded, but expected when you have 4K people getting off the ship at roughly the same time.

We had luggage tag number 30 and my parents number 35, our number was called at about 9:30am. We were waiting at Ocean Plaza, deck 5 aft. We left the port, with luggage in hand at 10:30, so from the time our number was called, to waiting for our luggage at the carousel and arriving to Deck 3 of the parking lot, it took us exactly one hour. I remember it being faster on previous cruises, but none of the ships were as big as the Vista. I thought the process itself was smooth, with Matt calling out the numbers, Going through customs was pretty fast, but of course their were lines....again it met my expectations considering the amount of people. We arrived home at 11:30am.

I just want to add we had a wonderful time on the Vista, I'm glad to be booked on her again in 6 months, where I have family joining me from NY and we have a balcony cabin on Lido. There are still things I did not get to experience in only 7 days, like specialty dining, IMAX theater, water slides (which will be great to do in June when it's HOT) and my DD only went to Camp Ocean once.

The fact that this was on a Christmas holiday week made it all the more special being that we got to see all the Holiday decorations and holiday themed parties. Matt was outstanding as usual. Service was great, though I think not AS good as previous cruises. NO blatant fallouts, but it seemed at times that the crew was overwhelmed...some of them were clearly new or just started a new contract and appeared lost when you asked a question.

The Family Harbour lounge was also a nice area, though I would have liked it to have Ocean views...but it was convenient to have espresso, cappucino's, snacks included and a quick walk from the cabin....which reminds me, I LOVED my cabin, and I normally sail balconies, but I would book that room in a heartbeat if I should ever get the chance again. It was so spacious. Stateroom 2462, only for 2 people as there are no couches or pull downs.

Food, was very good, some was hit or miss at the MDR but buffet always had good options, Guy's was great, as usual, as was the pizza. I only tried Blue Iguana's once, and it was good. I did not try the Seafood shack, it was always empty and I'm wary of trying food even in restaurants that are dead...especially sea food. I hope they do something else with that area in the next new builds.

The cocktails were all great, I highly recommend the spicy chipolte pineapple martini.:D

Decor wise, I thought she was beautiful. understated but the pops of color where great. Havana area was beautiful....if it allowed children, I would book there next time...but cannot now.

Entertainment, better than the Breeze imo. The shows were good, as were the music options. Essencia in the Atrium lobby was great! DJ Blendz is gifted and really knows how to get the party started...and of course Matt Mitchum, I liked how he always got the older folks involved and made them feel young again.

Ports, I just got off at Grand Turk and loved it, as usual.

Well, any questions, just ask!

Thank you for your review, I am sailing on the Vista in July in a balcony cabin on the Lido as well. I have hear nothing but giid things about this location.

Quick question, I think I read somewhere that there are /were pastries and coffee available in the Havana section. Specifically, cafe con leche and quava and cream cheese. Did you happen you see this?

Thank you

Your pix from Turks are bringing back good times from last week, we were on the Magic same time you were in port on Vista. Your pix look a lot like our pix from that day in port, lots of people once Vista docked but a blast all the same! Love your review, lots of good info on the Vista for future reference, thank you for doing it!