Can someone explain why it's such a big deal?

Aidenspoppy

On the Vista NYC to MIA repo cruise, a special Diamond recognition brunch was held for the 140 Diamond members on board.

Met the Captain and Officers, had a great lunch of Wagyu beef short ribs, the Pellegrino and wine was free flowing, then JH got a microphone in his hand and blathered his pompous butt off for 15 minutes.

So yeah, a CD can impact your cruise experience. In my case, negatively.

And of course you went over and told him how much his speech and gotten on your nerves and you thought that he was a pompous idiot, right? Or did you set that smile and pretend to be his friend? Another shining example of why so many crewmembers have no regard for this site

I actually left while he was still pontificating.

And you were missed I am sure. I was on this cruise. He spoke warmly about the loyaltybwe had all shown. Introduced the hotel director and other officers and the Captain. He was sincere and funny and how can you have enjoyed the lunch as you said as he spoke at the start of the dinner before any food was served?

Why is it so important to know who the CD is? My cruise has never been made better or worse because of who this person was. Most the time I find then to be extremely obnoxious and annoying. Also while were at it, same question about the Matre D. Does it really make that big a difference?

I really don't care who the CD is as it does not make or break my enjoyment on the cruise.

There are a couple of MaitreD's that I'd love to have again, though.

JH got a microphone in his hand and blathered his pompous butt off for 15 minutes.

So yeah, a CD can impact your cruise experience. In my case, negatively.

John Heald is not a cruise director. He's a brand ambassador that sometimes pretends he's still a CD.

This makes me curious, though. Did the REAL CD get to speak?

No, I don't think so. He was a little too heavy for leopard print. lol His catch phrase was George by day, Jorge by night. He reminded me of George Lopez. He was really, really funny.

No, the George we sailed with was a skinny little British dude. So definately not the same guy I'm thinking.