Parking options in Miami

Rubicon55

Here's the link to the Port Of Miami parking info. Whether or not it is

the best

the cheapest

the safest

the most convenient

I will let all the other experts weigh in about.

I only know that when we have used it we walked across the street and into the ship embarkation area; our car was there and undamaged when we returned.

http://www.portofmiamicruiseparking.com/?gclid=CjwKEAiAs_PCBRD5nIun9cyu01kSJAA-WD-rOMlZvFWpZeqPlccdO-vutdYY-Wle2SoBlchYhIVF0RoC1hvw_wcB

You may also want to check the Florida departures forum: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

My cruise next year departs from Miami and I'm also interested in the information. The cursory reading I've done so far on the above forum indicates that most people recommend parking at the official Port of Miami parking for $20/day. Expensive but worth it, from their perspective.

I'll need 14 days of parking, though...that will be $280 :eek:

MY APOLOGIES!!!!

that link I provided above is FOR A PRIVATE PARKING company.

The Port Of Miami official site link is here:http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/parking-transportation.asp

There are several parking facilities on the port property itself. The link I gave above is to a facility that requires shuttle use.

Sorry for any misunderstanding or inconvenience

When we cruise out of Miami we park at the port. The terminals are by each docking location and a short walk across the street to the terminal. Drop your bags and passengers off by the porters and then go park. Make a note of where you parked ;)

We have done Empress and Majesty from there this year and it was easy and not crowded.

Thank you to everyone for your input! I realized later I could have "Googled" the same question but I truly appreciate the input from those who have used the services both in port and external. Bringing two children, who are VERY active (6&7), so I may the premium at the port to minimize the waiting delay. I know.. there will be delays here and there anyways but with these two I have learned to minimize it! :rolleyes:

Just a question about Premier Parking. We always used this facility when we cruise from Miami but last year we had to wait for a shuttle for more than an hour on both ends. Seems like they only had 1 shuttle running. I've read a few recent reviews and it seems like the shuttle is still a problem. Did you have any problems with long wait times for the shuttle? The shuttle has always had a wait but last year was the worst. Was thinking of parking elsewhere because of this. Appreciate your help. Thanks

A long wait for a shuttle (when a shuttle is necessary because walking is either impossible or unreasonable), or a parking lot that wants to keep my car keys, are deal-breakers for me.

Online reviews are extremely varied and I am sure that some people are confused over which particular business or lot they are leaving a review for, due to all the naming similarities. At the same time I am suspicious of some of the (very positive) reviews being fake.

I am frugal and would love to save some money but I do not want a poor shuttle service or my car to be moved or damaged while I am on a cruise.

At the moment I plan to park at the official PoM lot but there's nearly 11 months for my opinion to be swayed ;)

That's kinda where we are at. We've used Premier in the past and the parking is OK. You keep your keys and because it's a garage some spaces are covered. The deal breaker is the shuttle has gotten so bad. I suspect a 9 day cruise might not be as bad because they are either leaving or returning on a day other than a weekend. Right now leaning toward POM parking but the $20 is steep. Leaving in 2 weeks so I'll have to make up my mind soon.

Edited by tartan cruiser

• 2 months later...
That's kinda where we are at. We've used Premier in the past and the parking is OK. You keep your keys and because it's a garage some spaces are covered. The deal breaker is the shuttle has gotten so bad. I suspect a 9 day cruise might not be as bad because they are either leaving or returning on a day other than a weekend. Right now leaning toward POM parking but the $20 is steep. Leaving in 2 weeks so I'll have to make up my mind soon.

Hi agree $20 is steep.. But consider how much you will really be spending for the WHOLE trip. Parking is a drop in the bucket for peace of mind etc.:D

In December we parked at the Port. $20 a day and I believe thats taxes included because we stayed for 16 days and our bill when we got to the gate was $320 on the nose.

The only issue I have with the parking is the actual structure and lack of signage to let you know what floor you are on and what are you are parked in. Only the elevators have signage and having been on a cruise for so long I got turned around when we got back to the garage and it took me a few minutes to find the truck. No biggie in the scheme of things but it is poorly signposted.

Getting to the garage was easy, we took the tunnel and then just followed the signs all the way to wherever our ship was docked. Terminal G springs to mind which is the terminal closest to the city. Lots and lots of parking when we arrived at approximately 1030am. I have a truck with 4 wheel drive and there was plenty of height above the truck.

Go onto Google maps and you "drive" the area on the map so you will realise where you have to go. Before entering the parking structure we dropped off our bags with the porter at the terminal, pretty much utter mayhem at that point but we were in and out in 30 seconds.

In December we parked at the Port. $20 a day and I believe thats taxes included because we stayed for 16 days and our bill when we got to the gate was $320 on the nose.

The only issue I have with the parking is the actual structure and lack of signage to let you know what floor you are on and what are you are parked in. Only the elevators have signage and having been on a cruise for so long I got turned around when we got back to the garage and it took me a few minutes to find the truck. No biggie in the scheme of things but it is poorly signposted.

I take a few pictures with my phone. I wouldn't remember where I parked either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I take a few pictures with my phone. I wouldn't remember where I parked either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Agree on signage.. I take a pic of the info posted on the elevator and hope I find my way back.:D:D

When we were in PE I had to press the panic button on the car keys, because my friend parked the car and didn't take notes.. :eek::).. It took me about 25 mins to find it

Just a question about Premier Parking. We always used this facility when we cruise from Miami but last year we had to wait for a shuttle for more than an hour on both ends. Seems like they only had 1 shuttle running. I've read a few recent reviews and it seems like the shuttle is still a problem. Did you have any problems with long wait times for the shuttle? The shuttle has always had a wait but last year was the worst. Was thinking of parking elsewhere because of this. Appreciate your help. Thanks

Premier Parking shuttle bus ( seems only one) starts picking up at the last pier on the right as you enter. When that bus is full it returns to the lot, unloads then returns to the ships. Off Navigator on 2/3 which was nearly at the end of the ships docked, there was a 3 hour wait.