Denied boarding -bevare if you hold a previus us visa

Tomtom70

tomtom70

i`m so sorry this happened to you and i`ve been following this tread the last few days .

whenever i have entered the us under the esta i have had my passport stamped on entry with a date at the bottom which is when the 90 days will be up . i have checked my husbands passport and it`s the same . Surly IF THEY ENTERED with an esta their passports would have been stamped on entry . this would be the proof they needed to show they hadn`t remained in the us on an expired visa .

Just to be clear again: Everyone was allowed entry on their ESTA by CBP coming in via flight the day before. So this is not the problem. It is just NCL that has its own interpretation....

Yes, I have understood that from the beginning and totally agree with you that this is an NCL problem. Hopefully, you will be contacting NCL Europe as soon as possible and we will all be very interested in the outcome.

i`m so sorry this happened to you and i`ve been following this tread the last few days .

whenever i have entered the us under the esta i have had my passport stamped on entry with a date at the bottom which is when the 90 days will be up . i have checked my husbands passport and it`s the same . Surly IF THEY ENTERED with an esta their passports would have been stamped on entry . this would be the proof they needed to show they hadn`t remained in the us on an expired visa .

If you really had following this thread, you'd know that since the introduction of the passport/immigration self-service computer kiosks (already present on some airports in Florida, for example) all passports are no longer stamped on entry even though it did happen every time before.

If you really had following this thread, you'd know that since the introduction of the passport/immigration self-service computer kiosks (already present on some airports in Florida, for example) all passports are no longer stamped on entry even though it did happen every time before.

i`ve just come back from los Angeles left us and then reentered in Las Vegas and BOTH TIMES used a self serve kiosk and still had my passport stamped .

I checked my Canadian passport and there is a stamp from the United States when we flew to Orlando this past March including an expiry.

My passport wasn't stamped when we arrived back into Canada nor was it stamped by the US or Canada when we presented at the respective borders when traveling by ground.

There seems to be a lack of consistency regarding usage of the electronic system.

I am concerned about NCL giving us issues when we cruise from NYC in March due to the lack of stamp when returning to Canada. We will be driving and don't foresee any issues at the border as we went to the US last week by ground without any problems, however, I am wondering if NCL is

able to access the electronic database for passports (was it specifically an ESTA issue).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I checked my Canadian passport and there is a stamp from the United States when we flew to Orlando this past March including an expiry.

My passport wasn't stamped when we arrived back into Canada nor was it stamped by the US or Canada when we presented at the respective borders when traveling by ground.

There seems to be a lack of consistency regarding usage of the electronic system.

I am concerned about NCL giving us issues when we cruise from NYC in March due to the lack of stamp when returning to Canada. We will be driving and don't foresee any issues at the border as we went to the US last week by ground without any problems, however, I am wondering if NCL is

able to access the electronic database for passports (was it specifically an ESTA issue).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

i`m worried as we will be sailing on 25th march but only returned to uk on 15th December and the stamp in our passports says we have to leave the us by 2nd March . we have nothing in our passports showing we left the us in December . i`m concerned NCL are going to think we stayed in the us and not let aboard . We both have about 5 years left in our passports but we may have to replace them rather than not be allowed on our cruise .

I don't know if this will help June123 but I was in a similar situation once. That time, I contacted the airline that I travelled on back from the US and they provided a letter confirming the date and flight number that I left the US on. Bless them, they even quoted the seat number!

I don't know if this will help June123 but I was in a similar situation once. That time, I contacted the airline that I travelled on back from the US and they provided a letter confirming the date and flight number that I left the US on. Bless them, they even quoted the seat number!

thank you for your helpful rely .

June 123 I just looked at our passports. My husband has 4 US entry stamps and mine has 2. Neither passport has any exit markings. We travel from the UK on ESTA. I am shown as entering at Dallas on 20 Jan 2016 and again entering at Dallas on 27 April 2016. Clearly the immigration computer was aware that I left in Feb 2016 as no one questioned my re-entry at Dallas in April. On both of those visits I was on an NCL cruise during part of my trip and spent some time in the US too. When I checked in for those 2 cruises I wasn't asked to show my paper ESTA nor did I notice any scrutiny of my documents. I am now wondering if something has changed in the NCL procedure.

June 123 I just looked at our passports. My husband has 4 US entry stamps and mine has 2. Neither passport has any exit markings. We travel from the UK on ESTA. I am shown as entering at Dallas on 20 Jan 2016 and again entering at Dallas on 27 April 2016. Clearly the immigration computer was aware that I left in Feb 2016 as no one questioned my re-entry at Dallas in April. On both of those visits I was on an NCL cruise during part of my trip and spent some time in the US too. When I checked in for those 2 cruises I wasn't asked to show my paper ESTA nor did I notice any scrutiny of my documents. I am now wondering if something has changed in the NCL procedure.

thank you for trying to help but your passports were stamp on entry . it now looks like not all airports in the us are stamping the passports on entry .if this i the case then it could cause a problem when checking in for the cruise .

In fact, thinking about this peoples, any US or Caribbean cruise, they would have needed the ESTA for immigration at JFK/MIA etc......nothing to do with NCL. If they were already in the US, they wouldnt need the ESTA to board the ship, so couldnt have been denied boarding.

Even larger dollop of BS.

Not true. They'd need the ESTA to renter the country when disembarking the ship so NCL has to make sure it's in order. It's no different than me, as a non-us resident having to show my passport to board the ship. I'm already in the US but they need to know I have it to re-enter upon completion of the trip. That being said NCL dropped the ball on this. A CBP agent should have been called. These docs were in order and NCL's counter agents don't have the same knowledge that CBP has.

I havent gotten around to telling about the luggage handling in this case yet.

Since the luggage was checked it was already boarded on the boat. Do you think they were able to get all out luggage back to us ? ....you guess right : they could locate some, but not all. So some of our luggage actually cruised.

No thats definitely different from the airlines (if you dont board the plane - then they delay to offload the luggage). NCL does not. A bit scary security wise maybe?

Edited by Tomtom70

No thats definitely different from the airlines (if you dont board the plane - then they delay to offload the luggage). NCL does not. A bit scary security wise maybe?

The checked luggage situation is scary in general, and not just on NCL. The porters will take any suitcase from anyone, as long as it has a luggage tag on it. Everything is x-rayed, so there is hopefully some security against bombs and weapons, but this is still a super easy way for someone who is not traveling to get something loaded onto the ship (and even have it delivered to a particular cabin).

Something has changed MP, as October 2015 no printed ESTA was needed for TA (Dover), but October 2016, printed ESTA was required for TA (Barcelona).

I would expect them to want evidence I would be allowed entry to the US on a transatlantic from Europe. I would not if I was boarding in the US and returning to the US on a closed loop round trip such as Miami to Miami 7 nights to a couple of Caribbean islands.

thank you for trying to help but your passports were stamp on entry . it now looks like not all airports in the us are stamping the passports on entry .if this i the case then it could cause a problem when checking in for the cruise .

I used the self-service kiosks at Dallas on arrival. It printed a slip of paper which we presented to the manned CBP check after baggage claim but before exiting the baggage hall into the non-controlled area. He was the person who stamped our passports and hand wrote a date. The flow through the airport at Dallas made it impossible to get out without that final stage. I would be surprised if other US airports with international flights have a different set up.

We visit the states regularly and have to update our ESTA information before each trip. On arrival in the US our passport is then stamped with a visa for either 3 or 6 months and the agent writes in a date. I once had a slight issue when it was still the green form you filled in, I hadn't realised that the form from a previous visit was still in my passport and the agent at the airport basically "had a right to at me" for it still being there!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I arrived on a flight from Germany to JFK. I got a WT stamp in the passport as well after using the kiosk. Has been like that for all my visits on the ESTA. I never get an exit stamp though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, we didn't have those last year. Nothing stapled or left inside our passport to hand in on departure last year. I do recall they used to give something to give back when you left and it was usually stapled on the page where you were stamped in. I just checked my passport again and there is nothing inside it nor any damage caused by stapling. I scrutinised every page.It is a newish passport, 14 months old and has been used for 2 trips to the US and a few within Europe.

Doesn't this serve as the exit record?
The OP has already stated that the two children "dont have any paper copies of the I94 anymore." This information can be accessed on the I94 website, but the port agents were not interested in looking at it. And unfortunately, that site only lets you look up your latest I-94 admission record. The travel history function doesn't provide full details (like the I-94 number for each entry), and it is not necessarily complete and "is not an official record for legal purposes".

Anyway, these days, visitors entering with ESTA/VWP are not longer supposed to be issued with a paper I-94W form (everything is done electronically). I don't know why you still received one in October 2016.

I used the self-service kiosks at Dallas on arrival. It printed a slip of paper which we presented to the manned CBP check after baggage claim but before exiting the baggage hall into the non-controlled area. He was the person who stamped our passports and hand wrote a date. The flow through the airport at Dallas made it impossible to get out without that final stage. I would be surprised if other US airports with international flights have a different set up.

It is probably the same at other US International Airports. Living on the east coast I have flown Internationally out of JFK, EWR, IAD, BWI and PHL. I looked at my Passport Book and re entering the US it was stamped up to when I got Global Entry. They don't stamp the passports of those who use the Global Entry kiosks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk