Diet Pepsi?

Beachnut53

Our experience.... When an O cruise departs from (and thus the ship has been resupplied in) a USA port, an advance request to O has always resulted in the mini-refrig in our cabin being full of Diet Pepsi; when a cruise departs from other parts of the world where Pepsi is not widely sold, O has not been able to furnish any. But even with a USA departure, there could be a problem if you don't request early enough; we've always had our TA request at the time of final payment and haven't had problems.

For clarity, Does this mean the beverages (other than alcohol) in your stateroom fridge are free?

Can one request your Stewart to remove any "required to pay for" items?

All non alcoholic beverages on the ship are no extra charge

The fridge contain sodas & bottled water & are no extra charge

Also bottle water on the desk is no extra charge

If you are in a Concierge or above the bottle of bubbly is also no extra charge

top suites also have a bar set up ..no charge

Enjoy

Edited by LHT28

Maybe an unnecessary reminder ...

Just as you can bring on your own Diet Pepsi if the ship cannot provide it, you can also bring on your own alcohol within limits. (Not the 3 bottles listed in the "rules", actually. This is a rule more ignored than enforced.) That means beer, wine or real booze.

This doesn't matter which category of room you are in.

Further proviso: if you bring your own alcohol on board it is for in-room consumption. Wines that you bring to dinner will have a $25 corkage fee.

If you take your Diet Pepsi to a public space, you won't be charged a corkage fee. :D

Mura

Beachnut.

There will be no "required to pay for" items in your frig.

Yes, you can ask your Steward to remove anything you want, e.g., we always say, take the Cokes away to make more room for Pepsi.

From one Pepsi lover to another Pepsi lover, have a wonderful cruise.

I hate Diet Pepsi, so you can have mine.

Seriously though, all non alcoholic drinks are throughout the ship so that included Diet Pepsi.

Just to be clear, Oceania stocks Coke products, any others will have to be a advance special request, and will only be available in your room.

Thanks LakesideKen...I will make a request.

For clarity, Does this mean the beverages (other than alcohol) in your stateroom fridge are free?

Can one request your Stewart to remove any "required to pay for" items?

Yes, free. Note that this cruise will be an excellent opportunity for your husband to realize how much better than Pepsi are Coke products.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just to be clear, Oceania stocks Coke products, any others will have to be a advance special request, and will only be available in your room.

ORV has it basically right from my recent experience.

I (moi), pick any, am a long time Pepsi fan. SWMbI and moi began cruising on Oceania in 2013. I am assuming that Oceania began serving Coke Products to their guests from the beginning of the line. It's something that I have been willing to go along with. It's way down the line of my important concerns on a cruise.

However I took the opportunity to ask our butler on our most recent TA about the possibility of obtaining some Diet Pepsi for our room fridge. He was MOST happy to satisfy my request and kept us well stocked through an entire b2b starting in Venice. :D

He informed me that the CREW gets Pepsi Products (Pepsi, the Pepsi equivalent of 7-Up etc...) while the guests are served Coke Products (Coke, Diet Coke, 7-Up etc...) I had 6 or 8 cans of Diet Pepsi within minutes of my request. He suggested that I include a request for Diet Pepsi in our next cruise reservation and we would find our fridge stocked accordingly upon our arrival.

Most of our posters are correct in that Oceania Passengers will find only Coke Products available in food and beverage locations on board.

Prost!

JMBobB :cool:

My husband only drinks caffeine free diet coke and I like Perrier. We find both stocked in our frig on arrival.

Be aware that if you drink regular coke, the taste may be different in some countries, because they use cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. May remind you of how it tasted in your childhood, before formula in the USA was changed. Our Costco now stocks "Mexican coke" at a higher price for those who prefer the cane sugar taste.

Mary