Fitness center hours?

akvols

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

How do they control the age of the passengers allowed on the fitness center.  Our 16 year old read on the Carnival site that it is for 18 and over, but she was hoping to run on the treadmill in the mornings.  If she goes with a parent, will the 16 year old be allowed to use the equipment?

42 minutes ago, MississippiMom said:

How do they control the age of the passengers allowed on the fitness center.  Our 16 year old read on the Carnival site that it is for 18 and over, but she was hoping to run on the treadmill in the mornings.  If she goes with a parent, will the 16 year old be allowed to use the equipment?

I didn't know there was an age limit.  My 16 y/o came with me and ran on the elliptical with me and nobody said anything.

While most gyms open for cruisers at 6AM, if you're there at 5:55AM, you'll find people already sweating away.  Some are crew members but others aren't.

As far as age limits go, I've always heard that over 12 are allowed with parents.  What they are trying to prevent is a gaggle of teen jock-wannabes, yucking it up by slinging weights around and trying to outdo each other on the cardio machines, risking injury to themselves or others and breaking equipment which may not be in the best of shape anyway.

On 10/26/2018 at 7:41 PM, gourav.webbnix said:

It depends, Some Fitness center opens 24/7 and some opens for 6Am-10PM.

Benefits of BCAA Supplements

Which Carnival ships have fitness centers open 24/7?  I try to go to the fitness center every day during a cruise (usually not successfully), and have never seen a fitness center that was always open. 

12 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

My guess is no one would say anything if she came with you...  age limit is 18+, but I would think as long as the child is with an

adult they would not say anything, unless of course another passanger complained or if it was real crowded and people were waiting for a machine.

Thanks, bigdog1958!

I suspect that no one would even realize that she was only 16, especially, since she is physically fit and knows how to work the equipment.  I was worried she might have to scan her S&S card, and be told she couldn’t go inside.  I guess we will find out in March.