Kids menu-what's all on it? No American Table menu on our cruise

MLJS

Looking for a picture of the kids menu. We sail 12/31 with our 6 kids. Two are extremely picky. Did not think it would be a problem with the American Table menu but the Fantasy is not offering that, so many meals will be ordered off the kids menu. Thanks!

We cruised with my husband's kids three years ago and his (then 11 year old) son is as picky as they come! We didn't have any issues with food options. Prior to cruising, we told them both that the one rule we had for the cruise is that they each had to try at least one new food at each meal. It was a great time for them to branch out since they could always get something else if they hated what they got! And my step-son did find a few new things that he liked, particularly ribs! :D

Prior to cruising, we told them both that the one rule we had for the cruise is that they each had to try at least one new food at each meal. ID

we did this with my kids on the first cruise-- we had to order one thing from each course every day to try...pass it around. Kids discovered the chilled soups-- like strawberry soup and pumpkin.

now we do it with the grandbabies.

In addition to the items in the pic that was posted, the kids menu always features "Pasta of the Day". They can order it with or without sauce (or with sauce on the side). I have 2 kids that order that literally every night. Also hot dog, chicken nuggets, burger, pizza, PBJ. As noted above, anyone can order off of any menu. So they can get an appetizer off of the adult menu, entree off of kids, dessert off of adult, etc.

I'll reserve comment on the "parenting advice" in this thread. :rolleyes:

About 2 years ago I was sailing solo and was seated next to a very nice, but much older couple. Since the 2 top tables were so close together we started chatting. When it came time for dessert I ordered the banana split. The wife said "that's not on my menu". I told her about the kids menu and she also ordered the banana split. The husband asked to actually see the kids menu. He ordered a PB&J for dessert. We had dinner together 5 of the 6 remaining nights and the waiter brought a PB&J every night for the husband. It amazed me that something so insignificant made someone so happy. We are still friends today and the husband orders a PB&J every night on every cruise.

we did this with my kids on the first cruise-- we had to order one thing from each course every day to try...pass it around. Kids discovered the chilled soups-- like strawberry soup and pumpkin.

now we do it with the grandbabies.

We do this too. In fact, we insist upon it. This time around, my youngest found out that she loved the escargot and vehemently disliked the tongue. I can't blame her there, lol. And who wouldn't like strawberry soup? It's such a relaxed, non-pressure way for both kids and adults to explore and perhaps expand their palate.

My son ate pepperoni pizza, chicken tenders, and fries EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.

We just got back last week.

I actually have a kids menu right in front of me (will try to post).

Hot Dog

Hamburger

Cheeseburger

Chicken Nuggets

French Fries

Fresh Veggies

Pasta of the Day

Peanut Butter & Jelly

Pepperoni Pizza

Cheese Piaaz

"Daily Junior Specials" (Ask waiter)

Chocolate Brownies

Banana Split

Assorted Cookies

Fresh Fruit Cocktail

Ice Cream

Jello

My son ate pepperoni pizza, chicken tenders, and fries EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.

Ours gets a hot dog with french fries and coleslaw (he thinks Carnival's is better than any other coleslaw he's ever had:D) every night when we're onboard ship. A lot of times he'll try dessert from the adult menu even though he's not fond of sweets. Even if he doesn't eat it all, I'm OK with that because at least he tried. His favorite last time we went was the creme brulee' and he was kind of annoyed they didn't have it every night. LOL