Nieuw Amsterdam 12/16/17 cancelled

ETinCA

Well, I got mine changed but it wasn't easy - major headache for my TA. I was only doing this 7-night itinerary, so I was given a choice of certain other 7-night itineraries. They were mostly early November, which conflicts with another trip we have booked. I had 6 options, with dates of 11/4 (two cruises), 11/12, 11/18, 11/26 or 12/10. I wanted the 11/25 Nieuw Amsterdam, which was the exact same itinerary as the cancelled cruise, but they said no. If I picked anything other than one of the 6 offered I'd be booking at the current rate, losing any promos, etc. I ended up going with 11/26 on the Eurodam, which is a similar itinerary and that'll make 2 Eurodam cruises in 2017 for me (doing the 3/25 sailing).

When I booked, I paid the Explore 4 price, and that was the next nightmare - since that promo had ended, and this new cruise is a cancel/rebook with a new number HAL was having trouble adding my "free" (ha!) Pinnacle dinner and beverage package. My TA will have to continue to work on that with them, as I shouldn't be penalized by them canceling my cruise.

For good news, my Retreat cabana got moved over to the new sailing (most likely my TA specifically mentioning that). Now I need to wait for my Tamarind dinner to be refunded, and when I book on the new date it'll be at the increased price. It's not worth fighting with HAL over $5, lol!

Sue/WDW1972

I'm sorry it is such a headache for your TA. Ours was fairly straight forward as we did not book with Explore (we declined it as my husband doesn't drink at all and took the reduced price instead). I guess we lucked out with the options we had plus the view & verandah sale was still on so we didn't have to fight over that.

It was HAL that cancelled so anything you had previously they should be able to override and add it to the cruise you picked. I'm sure your TA will be successful! She should be successful on having the Tamarind at the same price you already booked though as well. Yes, it's only $5 but...again, it was HAL that cancelled.

Glad you found a date and hope everything gets straightened out. It is stressful isn't it? I'm very happy now though with ours.

Hope everyone has been notified now and is lucky enough to be able to re-arrange their schedules and grab another cruise offered.

We haven't been contacted by HAL yet through our agent so we haven't been offered anything as of yet. When I called HAL they told me of some of the dates to potentially move to but we won't be able do any of them in Nov-Jan. It was scheduled to accommodate kids being out of school etc and back before the holidays. Very bummed as we can't take the Eurodam and be back dec 24 since we would be flying across the county home. Too tight for Christmas. Yes things happen but sure seems like a silly dry dock time. Is what it is.

Did you have any luck finding any other cruises that will work for you? It's hard to believe a charter can cause this disruption with so many clients that have to be changed around causing headaches for us, HAL staff and TA's.

Well, I got mine changed but it wasn't easy - major headache for my TA. I was only doing this 7-night itinerary, so I was given a choice of certain other 7-night itineraries. They were mostly early November, which conflicts with another trip we have booked. I had 6 options, with dates of 11/4 (two cruises), 11/12, 11/18, 11/26 or 12/10. I wanted the 11/25 Nieuw Amsterdam, which was the exact same itinerary as the cancelled cruise, but they said no. If I picked anything other than one of the 6 offered I'd be booking at the current rate, losing any promos, etc. I ended up going with 11/26 on the Eurodam, which is a similar itinerary and that'll make 2 Eurodam cruises in 2017 for me (doing the 3/25 sailing).

When I booked, I paid the Explore 4 price, and that was the next nightmare - since that promo had ended, and this new cruise is a cancel/rebook with a new number HAL was having trouble adding my "free" (ha!) Pinnacle dinner and beverage package. My TA will have to continue to work on that with them, as I shouldn't be penalized by them canceling my cruise.

For good news, my Retreat cabana got moved over to the new sailing (most likely my TA specifically mentioning that). Now I need to wait for my Tamarind dinner to be refunded, and when I book on the new date it'll be at the increased price. It's not worth fighting with HAL over $5, lol!

Sue/WDW1972

Wouldn't it be easier for HAL to gift you sufficient OBC to purchase a Pinnacle Dinner and a Beverage Package? (And, $5 for Tamarind too?)

We did finally get our official letter today. None of the "offers" work for us. I'm looking for a possible cruise to move to but it wouldn't be until maybe 2018. We may just get our deposit back sadly. Bright side is we have 2 weeks on Koningsdam this summer already scheduled.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did finally get our official letter today. None of the "offers" work for us. I'm looking for a possible cruise to move to but it wouldn't be until maybe 2018. We may just get our deposit back sadly. Bright side is we have 2 weeks on Koningsdam this summer already scheduled.

Sorry it may not work out for you. 2 weeks on Koningsdam to look forward to for you-that's good! We had considered 2018 offers but are lucky we found the one within a few days of our original booking.

Wouldn't it be easier for HAL to gift you sufficient OBC to purchase a Pinnacle Dinner and a Beverage Package? (And, $5 for Tamarind too?)

I had thought of that, but they were able to work it out. They've got the beverage package and pinnacle dinner as "special" items at no charge on my booking. I also received an email the other day advising that since my cruise was canceled they're refunding the Tamarind and it showed $25 (rather than the $20 I paid at booking). There's not been any credit to my credit card yet, so I can't say for sure they're refunding $25. I'll be booking Tamarind for the new cruise, so if they refund $25 they'll be getting it right back ;-)

Sue/WDW1972

The holiday cruises were available as of a few days ago. I booked the New Years cruise again while onboard, but I wanted to be on NA cause I haven't sailed her yet.

Edited by VermeulT