Getaway Haven Disembark Question

js

Hi.

I've only sailed on Breakaway and we drive our car to the port and do the first walkoff with Haven concierge so we can get in our car and be home very quickly.

Next month, I have a 12:20 pm flight out of FLL. We are sailing in the Haven on the Getaway out of POM. I was going to have a car pick us up at 8:45 am but wondering if that is too late for the concierge to walk us off the ship. I do not want to wait with the masses and want to do the Haven walkoff. Is 8:45 am too late? If so, what is a better time to request so we can have concierge walk us through the lines.

Thank you very much!

Haven walk off is offered between 8 and 9 AM. You meet in the lounge and they take you down the service elevator directly to the gangway (the same as they do in any port), bypassing the normal line to exit the ship.

What was unclear to me is whether or not you have to wait in line after you get into the customs hall. It appeared possible to jump directly to the front of the line with the proper credentials, but I ended up waiting in the normal line since it wasn't clearly marked.

I have yet to be on the Getaway, but have done early walk-off at Miami on both the Epic and the Escape.

Both times we met in the Haven lounge and were off the ship well before 8:00. We skipped the line getting off the ship (we joined it at the elevators), but we did have to wait in line for customs. Since we were one of the first off the ship, that line was not long.

We have an early FLL flight this year and plan on having the car service pick us up at 7:45. If we're a little later than that, we'll deal with it (and yes, we know things can happen), but after our previous two walk-off experiences we'd rather have a car ready closer to the time we actually got off of the ship.

If you want to get off the ship past the normal self-assistant times, I'm assuming the concierge will still walk you down.

I'm not sure how often you've flown out of FLL, but if you are flying Southwest, the whole flight check-in/security can be a bit messy. That's why we like to have as much time as possible to deal with it. I'm not sure if other terminals are any better.

Thank you all very much.

We are flying JetBlue out of FLL.

I don't think I was clear in what I wanted to ask.

My question should be, what is the latest the concierge will walk you

down past the lines in the service elevator? I am aware I will need to wait on the customs lines. Is it correct as timf states until 9:00 am?

Our only flight options were 9 am and 12:20 pm on JetBlue and I wanted to use them since we had points and paid $3 for two roundtrip tickets.

Do you think having a car pick us up for 8:45 am will work well. I would plan on leaving Haven approximately 8:00 am - 8:15 am (or do you think later with customs lines)? On Breakaway, we have left closer to 7 am - 7:30 am.

Thank you very much!

Edited by js

Thank you all very much.

We are flying JetBlue out of FLL.

I don't think I was clear in what I wanted to ask.

My question should be, what is the latest the concierge will walk you

down past the lines in the service elevator? I am aware I will need to wait on the customs lines. Is it correct as timf states until 9:00 am?

Our only flight options were 9 am and 12:20 pm on JetBlue and I wanted to use them since we had points and paid $3 for two roundtrip tickets.

Do you think having a car pick us up for 8:45 am will work well. I would plan on leaving Haven approximately 8:00 am - 8:15 am (or do you think later with customs lines)? On Breakaway, we have left closer to 7 am - 7:30 am.

Thank you very much!

Just did Xmas on Getaway in an H4. timf is correct. However, plan on being in the Haven, at the concierge desk at 8 am, in order for the Assistant concierge to gather all people, crowd them into a freight elevator, and push the button. You then merge with the line winding its way out. Your meetup time of 8:45 would work to get you through the baggage line and customs.

Haven walk off is offered between 8 and 9 AM. You meet in the lounge and they take you down the service elevator directly to the gangway (the same as they do in any port), bypassing the normal line to exit the ship.

What was unclear to me is whether or not you have to wait in line after you get into the customs hall. It appeared possible to jump directly to the front of the line with the proper credentials, but I ended up waiting in the normal line since it wasn't clearly marked.

Thank you very much!

I have yet to be on the Getaway, but have done early walk-off at Miami on both the Epic and the Escape.

Both times we met in the Haven lounge and were off the ship well before 8:00. We skipped the line getting off the ship (we joined it at the elevators), but we did have to wait in line for customs. Since we were one of the first off the ship, that line was not long.

We have an early FLL flight this year and plan on having the car service pick us up at 7:45. If we're a little later than that, we'll deal with it (and yes, we know things can happen), but after our previous two walk-off experiences we'd rather have a car ready closer to the time we actually got off of the ship.

If you want to get off the ship past the normal self-assistant times, I'm assuming the concierge will still walk you down.

I'm not sure how often you've flown out of FLL, but if you are flying Southwest, the whole flight check-in/security can be a bit messy. That's why we like to have as much time as possible to deal with it. I'm not sure if other terminals are any better.

Thank you Brookie! I wish I could have gotten a 10 am flight. My dh and I have a 10:30 am for July so I hope it goes smoothly. See you next month!

Just did Xmas on Getaway in an H4. timf is correct. However, plan on being in the Haven, at the concierge desk at 8 am, in order for the Assistant concierge to gather all people, crowd them into a freight elevator, and push the button. You then merge with the line winding its way out. Your meetup time of 8:45 would work to get you through the baggage line and customs.

Thank you very much! I appreciate your answering me. I'll plan to be at the concierge desk for 8:00 am and get my car for 8:30-8:45 am.

Once you get to the customs hall get a porter, they bypass the line. As my porter put it "I don't wait in lines".

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Thank you. That is my secret weapon. Don't tell others LOL