Caribbean Princess - Departure Delay

NJ Fred

Just the other day my parents boarded a ship. I can't imagine getting a notification from law enforcement, the hospital, the cruise line, whomever, that something had happened to them on the way to a vacation. To that end, I'm very sad for the families who are getting such notifications, be their family member no longer alive or in the hospital.

To those who were in the airport and now on a cruise my prayer is that you can relax and enjoy the cruise despite what just happened. I know it will take a while to get over it...my wife was at IAH last year when a gunman shot the ceiling twice inside the terminal and then himself. She took a long time to get over being maybe 100' from the guy when that happened. Making matters worse for her, she was in and out of two airports today, thankfully for her FLL was not one of them.

[/u];51923793]Ship being held in Port Everglades for an unspecified amount of time.

It was announced that more than 100 passengers are still in transit to the vessel due to the Fort Lauderdale emergency.

Let me be clear - - THERE IS NO SECURITY ALERT IN THE PORT OR ON THE SHIP!

So did Princess lock down the ship due to act of terrorism concern? Is the ship still in port?

Edited by Kingofcool1947

I've been wondering the same thing. Marine traffic shows a container ship in the pier/dock right there.

According to news reports this is the staging area for the evacuated passengers from the airport who don't have their own transportation at FLL. They are in need of transportation or lodging. They needed to get them out of the airport and this is where they have been moved to.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Forums mobile app