Mike Pack on Vista

JtheCanuck

I don't know anything specific about what parties he does but I agree with everyone else that he is a fantastic cruise director. Very friendly and available, seems to enjoy his job. This attitude spilled over into the rest of his team and they were great as well.

He did do a selfie challenge with the entertainment staff. If you got everyone's photo, you received a cute prize at the end of the week.

He is a HOOT. Had him on the Glory.

I remember once he was introducing something in the main lobby, and saw a teen girl right in the front, not paying any attention to him..with her camera taking selfies over and over. He ran over, grabbed her phone, then ran around the Lobby for 10 minutes taking photos of everyone and selfies with everyone...on her phone. It was hysterical. She was even laughing. I bet he took 100 photos. Then he handed it back to her and said good luck with that...LOL

Edited by ABQrobin

I have been on a bunch of carnival cruises and been on his ships a few times. What makes him different to me is that he cares if you hear him. Some cd are talking as fast as they can to get a job done. Like reading a script. He wants you to understand what he is saying. He actually pauses and repeats the key parts of his announcements.

Oh and the reviews about him being hilarious, that is 1000% true. His suits alone are over the top! He is still my fav after all this time.

Be prepared to "run like a gazelle!"

Also, he can take the hairy chest contest and turn it into an hour plus saga of competition that's a cross between "So you think you can dance" and "Rupaul's X-dressing challenge":eek:

Mike Pack is the best! Better than Matt Mitcham and I like Matt. But there's just something about Mike. He is genuine whether he is on stage, at a deck party, or walking down the hall. And he is always entertaining!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We sailed with him twice, and didn't like him at all. He tries too hard to be funny, and his jokes sound so rehearsed. People are waiting for their coffee at the coffee shop, he doesn't greet anyone, and gets his coffee before anyone else who has been there waiting in line for their coffee. We will be sailing aboard the Vista in April and once again he will be our CD.

We had Mike and I do like him a lot. My first favorite is Matt (sad he won't be there for my cruise either [emoji24]), then Eversen (The Rev Dr E), then Mike.

I usually don't pay much attention to the CD, but when they are really good it makes it fun and then I feel like joining in more of the group activities. If they are really bad, I cringe hearing their voice over the loudspeaker.

We sailed with him twice, and didn't like him at all. He tries too hard to be funny, and his jokes sound so rehearsed. People are waiting for their coffee at the coffee shop, he doesn't greet anyone, and gets his coffee before anyone else who has been there waiting in line for their coffee. We will be sailing aboard the Vista in April and once again he will be our CD.

Doesnt sound like the fellow we have sailed with